Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Researching a Latin American merchant token, coming up empty

This is a small (~19mm) copper 1 real token. It's not listed in the Rulau Latin American tokens book. I've also done an exhaustive google search, in both English and Spanish, with various combinations of the words on it and have come up with nothing. The fact that there is a San Juan in multiple countries complicates the matter further. The closest info I could find was a mine manager named Prout, but he was active in the South-west US during the early 1900's and I can't imagine such a token being related to that. Perhaps someone has or knows of some other references worth looking in? Or even point me towards who or where I should be asking about it. I know some of these types of tokens have not yet been cataloged and some are considered unique, but I want to do due diligence before calling it anything like that. Any clues are much appreciated, thank you!

Highly enthusiastic about world coins, contemporary circulating counterfeits and unusual stuff <3

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Establishment in San juan, the prout company. Gotta be a record of them, maybe a company store. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

A nice crude token. No idea on rarity or value...