Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Had to post: Larry Bird

With all the Jordan vs. James talk there are guys that are just lost in the mix. I sure miss these days from the 80's and 90's. Was looking at this earlier and thought some might love to see it as Bird just doesn't get the attention for being one of the best all around players ever. It's a "reaction" video and you can see the host is pretty shocked at what he is seeing.
https://youtu.be/-7vC_Z-y7e0

Comments

• Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

Always love to see some Larry Legend head-fakes.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what I call some great moves along with some great shots. Bird was always great to watch.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goose bumps

Andy

• frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Larry Bird did as much or more with is God given physical abilities than any player that ever lived. However, Jordan simply had much more physical ability. Add that to his drive to win and be better than anybody else, he is the greatest ever. I mean.... The man could fly! He had the quickest first step.... He defended..... The fade away..... Clutch!

Shane

• olb31olb31 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Russell
    2) Wilt
    3) Jordan
    4) Jabbar
    5) Magic
    6) Lebron
    7) Larry
    8) Kobe
    9) Oscar
    10) West
    11) Hakeem
    12) Karl Malone
    13) Shaq

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 Jordan
    2 LeBron

Everyone else is a toss up.

As a side note....if you can't make a free throw, make an outside shot, or dribble a ball, you should not be in the top 5.

Shane

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think a lot of people have proximity bias with LeBron.

Arthur

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason youtube isn't working for me lately so I can't look at the video. Instead, I'll just look at my Bird rookie. :)

Arthur

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

That one shot that he misses and then gets his own rebound and puts it back up was crazy!!

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomi said:
    With all the Jordan vs. James talk there are guys that are just lost in the mix. I sure miss these days from the 80's and 90's. Was looking at this earlier and thought some might love to see it as Bird just doesn't get the attention for being one of the best all around players ever. It's a "reaction" video and you can see the host is pretty shocked at what he is seeing.
    https://youtu.be/-7vC_Z-y7e0

Bird was fantastic. The further removed from 1985 you get, the lower the lower the quality of basketball played. Everyone played some form of TEAM basketball, it was beautiful to watch and 99% of the players had learned how to play basketball versus how to display their incredible individual talents and skills. There's a big difference between 5 guys playing and 5 guys playing as 1.

The idea of any of other those players leaving their team for another city was laughable. It was like admitting you weren't good enough and it wasn't going to happen. Obviously guys changed teams from time to time but usually it was money driven or an aging star, not guys in their prime like today...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

The announcer Johnny Most for the Celtics made Bird and rest awesome.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has to be in the top 10. If Bird had played longer it would have helped his legend even more. Unfortunately he hurt his back repaving his long driveway instead of paying to have it done.

Reggie I love that card.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.