Home Metal Detecting

FOUND ON THE GROUND

TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn't find a thread for this, if I missed it, I am sorry.

Finds in parking lots, street, etc since about December 1st, 2017

So, figure about 6 1/2 months:

Frank

BHNC #203

Comments

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recap:

940 cents = 18 rolls + 40 not rolled = 980 cents
    74 nickels
    133 dimes
    87 quarters

totals: 1274 coins = $48.15

I just got around to rolling them today.

:)

Frank

BHNC #203

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, how did you manage to find all that ??? :)

Timbuk3
    edited June 22, 2018 10:33AM

@Timbuk3 said:
    Wow, how did you manage to find all that ??? :)

by looking down.

A lot of it was at a local shopping mall.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Great set of eyes you have. Interesting how some folks won't stoop over to pick up a penny. Continued good luck with looking down.

Thank you

Frank

BHNC #203

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Treashunt said: "...by lookin g down."

That's the key. Stuff is all over the place. I picked up a dime at the gas pump two days ago. That's MORE THAN THE INTEREST OVER FOUR MONTHS I receive on my checking account!!!!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...nice haul.... and I agree... much to be found by 'looking down'...Cheers, RickO

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice... I gotten into the habit of looking down so much.. I get a stiff neck.

• You never know what you will find on the ground...I found a $200 winning scratcher on the ground once...doesn't hurt to pick up and give whatever you find a once over.

• CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

Not a bad haul you have there!! I sense I will be looking on the ground more often then nor now lol

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a scratch off on the ground with a $10 winner.... guess some people cannot understand the nomenclature and do not see the winner... Cheers, RickO

@CoinAdvocate said:
    You never know what you will find on the ground...I found a $200 winning scratcher on the ground once...doesn't hurt to pick up and give whatever you find a once over.

@ricko said:
    I found a scratch off on the ground with a $10 winner.... guess some people cannot understand the nomenclature and do not see the winner... Cheers, RickO

Same here, I was walking into the store, looked down, saw that it wasn't checked, and $15 winner

Frank

BHNC #203

• goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always look on the ground, but I probably have not found that much in my whole life!

@golden said:
    I always look on the ground, but I probably have not found that much in my whole life!

keep looking, it happens

Frank

BHNC #203

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

i found several like that ( alot of $4 tickets but just the same )