Home Precious Metals
Options

General Electric bounced from the Dow 30.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh My!

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's been coming for a few years now, IMO :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why were they bounced? Were they bringing down the Dow Jones Industrial average?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

S&P Dow Jones Indices announced on Tuesday that the iconic maker of light bulbs and jet engines will be replaced in the 30-stock index by Walgreens Boots Alliance.

GE (GE) was an original member of the Dow in 1896 and has been in it continuously since November 7, 1907.
    Being ousted from the Dow is the latest indignity for GE, which is dealing with a serious cash crisis caused by years of bad deals. GE has replaced its CEO, slashed thousands of jobs and cut its coveted stock dividend in half.

"Today's change to the DJIA will make the index a better measure of the economy and the stock market," Blitzer said.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

@PerryHall said:
    Why were they bounced? Were they bringing down the Dow Jones Industrial average?

I suspect that the goal was to reflect the 20% of the economy which is now controlled by the so called health care industry.

Walgreen is number 5 of the 30 entities along with J&J, United Health, Merck and Pfizer.

MMM has a hand in the industry but is broadly diversified.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

A premier index (any of them) has to be made up of premier entities.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad !!! :(

Timbuk3
  • Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

$108 billion in debt at the end of 2017, no profit, and a market cap nearing $100 billion. Can't say I have a positive outlook on GE, at least in the short-term. I do own a small amount of shares though.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was the second oldest stock in the index

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

First consolidated buggy whip is ousted now GE !!!!!!

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

Exactly, when a stock stops rising it gets bounced. Replaced by one to pump the index higher. The good ole ponzi scheme. Bring on DOW 100K lulz

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

I suspect that the goal was to reflect the 20% of the economy which is now controlled by the so called health care industry.

Walgreen is number 5 of the 30 entities along with J&J, United Health, Merck and Pfizer.

We are becoming a nation of pill heads, makes sense I guess to have 20% of the DOW composed of the pill pushers. Crazy world.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

We are becoming a nation of pill heads, makes sense I guess to have 20% of the DOW composed of the pill pushers. Crazy world.

what happened to the guy that disagrees with all your posts ? He's been slacking lately

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

what happened to the guy that disagrees with all your posts ? He's been slacking lately

He sent the alt right army after me. Still getting 10-20 a day, even when I don't even open my mouth. lol

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

There were several reasons why Warren Buffett said the DJIA would be at 1,000,000 within 60 years.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2018 4:09AM

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

I disagreed with him this time because what he wrote is not accurate. But that might only be the second time I've disagreed. I usually withhold that for comments on which are blatantly incorrect.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

I heard on the radio, the lowest valued company in the dow 30 must be worth at least 10% of the highest valued company in the dow. Ge was around 6 or 7% for a couple of years now. Looks like they stopped letting them slide.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Times and markets all change.... interesting to see an old, established entity fall off though.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Waitin' on the global warming crowd to come up with a new way of measuring temperatures.

• Options

When DC killed off the incandescent bulbs, it was all over.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

who are they going to replace ge with?

• Options

@johnny9434 said:
    who are they going to replace ge with?

someone who can only go up

• Options

Walgreen is the new component.

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭

It’s about time

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

We bring good things to life...

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    We bring good things to life...

That's what Dr. Frankenstein said............

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

He sent the alt right army after me. Still getting 10-20 a day, even when I don't even open my mouth. lol

See there he is sending out his other ID happyhunting. Got another 100 disagrees from this clown again today. I'm telling you right now, the rare coin business in Arizona is non-existent at this point. Going to need some internet anti stocking order. lol What a nut job.

• Options
    edited June 21, 2018 5:49PM

@blitzdude said:

@blitzdude said:

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

See there he is sending out his other ID happyhunting. Got another 100 disagrees from this clown again today. I'm telling you right now, the rare coin business in Arizona is non-existent at this point. Going to need some internet anti stocking order. lol What a nut job.

You should create an alt to disagree with them. Fly under the radar though so no one knows , something like dudeblitz they will never suspect a thing.

There is no happy hunting in arizona , I mean how happy can shooting a cactus make you? Try skinning one of those out sometimes ouch

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@blitzdude said:

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

You should create an alt to disagree with them. Fly under the radar though so no one knows , something like dudeblitz they will never suspect a thing.

Or perhaps my alt would just disagree with myself. :)

• Options

I created an alt once and tried to post with it and it said post must be approved it wouldn't go through. Still waiting , the approval hasn't come through yet :o

• Options

Yeah, I wish the economy of today was the same as in 1918.

• Options

@cohodk said:

The value of the dollar as well!

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@cohodk said:

Nah....I'll just take more of them.

• Options

@cohodk said:

@Coinstartled said:

@cohodk said:

Nah....I'll just take more of them.

How many would you like?

• Options

I'll take all you got...PM me for address. Or I'll just stop by your place. I owe you a beer anyway. Think the bar will accept them?

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭

A cohodk and derryb lunch would be even better than Warren Buffett. I would just sit back and listen...

• Options

The fight for the check would be epic!

• Options

Ever read The History of Money by Jack Weatherford? Lots of interesting tidbits regarding currency devaluations through the ages.

He claims The Wizard of Oz (ounce) is all about capitalism. Remember the Yellow Brick Road?

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018 10:39PM

@cohodk said:
    I'll take all you got...PM me for address. Or I'll just stop by your place. I owe you a beer anyway. Think the bar will accept them?

If cohodk owes derryb a beer, and Baley owes cohodk a beer, and derryb owes Baley a beer, that's three obligations to deliver a beer, yet none of us is drinkin?

Something ain't right about this situation

To make matters worse, jmski made bets with msmorrisine, whether and who would deliver the beers and when, and then they both hedged their bets by using strangles and straddles backed by mrcommem and renski. Now there are seven of us, and a 12 pack owed, and no damned brewskis in sight.

Owe, woe is us..

Oh jeez, here comes OPA with a bottle opener and a puzzled look, and Weiss with a frozed 240-year-old stein ...

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

yikes i bought 4,000 shares in 1995 and have just left them alone. might need to look at it.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

@Baley said:

@cohodk said:

If cohodk owes derryb a beer, and Baley owes cohodk a beer, and derryb owes Baley a beer, that's three obligations to deliver a beer, yet none of us is drinkin?

Damn derivatives. Lol

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

My brother in law,Uncle, and 3 cousins were heavy into GE for many years. Will have to make sure they stay out of tall buildings for awhile.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@Kkathyl said:
    yikes i bought 4,000 shares in 1995 and have just left them alone. might need to look at it.

:o

• Options

@Baley said:

@cohodk said:

To make matters worse, jmski made bets with msmorrisine, whether and who would deliver the beers and when, and then they both hedged their bets by using strangles and straddles backed by mrcommem and renski. Now there are seven of us, and a 12 pack owed, and no damned brewskis in sight.

Owe, woe is us..

Oh jeez, here comes OPA with a bottle opener and a puzzled look, and Weiss with a frozed 240-year-old stein ...

A-ha Baley, I knew you'd see it my way. ;)

• Options
    ArizonaRareCoinsArizonaRareCoins Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@blitzdude said:

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

Enough is enough! This blitzdud guy is clearly delusional and perhaps dangerous. Blitzdud is clearly a paranoid schizophrenic that has been stalking me for months. He has deluded himself into believing that I have created an alter ego "happyhunting" to persecute him. I have reported him numerous time to PCGS, to no avail. I sincerely hope he gets the mental help he clearly needs.

• Options

@ArizonaRareCoins said:

@blitzdude said:

@blitzdude said:

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

Enough is enough! This blitzdud guy is clearly delusional and perhaps dangerous. Blitzdud is clearly a paranoid schizophrenic that has been stalking me for months. He has deluded himself into believing that I have created an alter ego "happyhunting" to persecute him. I have reported him numerous time to PCGS, to no avail. I sincerely hope he gets the mental help he clearly needs.

He isn't the one quoting 2 month old posts :D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@ArizonaRareCoins said:

@blitzdude said:

@blitzdude said:

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

REALLY. lol....I just found out about them. I'm NOT the stalker, I'm the stalkee.......funny that you would defend a paranoid schizo by saying that this abuse is from a month ago and there for doesn't matter.

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

GE +.47 today rather you live in Arizona or Blitzedland!

• Options

@ArizonaRareCoins said:

@bronco2078 said:

@ArizonaRareCoins said:

@blitzdude said:

@blitzdude said:

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

REALLY. lol....I just found out about them. I'm NOT the stalker, I'm the stalkee.......funny that you would defend a paranoid schizo by saying that this abuse is from a month ago and there for doesn't matter.

you are out there buddy. I certainly hope the rare coin business finally picks up in Arizona. You certainly have WAY too much time on your hands. lol

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@ArizonaRareCoins said:

@bronco2078 said:

@ArizonaRareCoins said:

@blitzdude said:

@blitzdude said:

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

you are out there buddy. I certainly hope the rare coin business finally picks up in Arizona. You certainly have WAY too much time on your hands. lol

You have been STALKING me on a daily basis, YOU have way too much time on your hands......Maybe you should get a hobby.......try coins