Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Baseball Card Exchange Site

Anyone else having issues getting to the BBCE site? I keep getting errors both on the computer and iPad.

Jim

Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
60's OPC packs
72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
72 and earlier BB cello

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked right now Jim and can't get in.

Mike
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Perfect, my plan worked. :*

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@cpamike said:
    Perfect, my plan worked. :*

That's why we can't have anything nice around here.

Mike
  • Options

Called BBCEx - they're aware of the problem.

Mike
  • Options

For a box of 1971 Topps Baseball Series 1 wax packs, I can bring the website back up in a jiffy. ;)

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cpamike said:
    For a box of 1971 Topps Baseball Series 1 wax packs, I can bring the website back up in a jiffy. ;)

Steve may allow this with one stipulation, You have to open all of the packs. :D:D:D

• Options
    kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

@cpamike said:

Just my luck, I only have a box of Series 6 1971 Topps baseball wax packs. :(

"You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cpamike said:

Mike

What if we change it to 1981 or 1991?

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

WOW!!! Take a look at the website now!...Definitely not 1990's anymore :)

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options

@jfkheat said:

@cpamike said:

Steve may allow this with one stipulation, You have to open all of the packs. :D:D:D

Oh well, I guess BBCE is off the web permanently then. ;)

Collecting:
  • Options

@kgibson said:

@cpamike said:

Just my luck, I only have a box of Series 6 1971 Topps baseball wax packs. :(

Who doesn’t have one of those lying around. :D

Collecting:
  • Options

@KendallCat said:

@cpamike said:

Mike

What if we change it to 1981 or 1991?

I can get the basketball and maybe hockey unopened back up for those.

Collecting:
  • Options
    jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭

Try this site. Very nice upgrade.

https://www.bbce.com/

Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

like night and day. looks fantastic. really dig the aerial view when shopping.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to find the "New" or "Back in Stock" products?

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Anyone have an issue with this site not working too well on iPhones? Every time I click “new arrivals”, or any link on the new site for that matter, I get an “error code”, and the link will not load for me.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

@Gemyanks10 said:
    Anyone have an issue with this site not working too well on iPhones? Every time I click “new arrivals”, or any link on the new site for that matter, I get an “error code”, and the link will not load for me.

I've only checked it on my iphone and the mobile site is brutal
    Gives eBay mobile a run for the money

• Options
    davidlisadavidlisa Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hate It !!! I like the new and back in stock options, there gone now. I also used the different ebay links from the site, there gone now. It begs the question, why change for the sake of change, the old site was perfect. Agree ? Disagree ?

• Options
    dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

Sorry guys; we are working out all the kinks. I know it's been frustrating lately; Steve, Rick, and the crew are not having fun.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• Options

@CrissCriss said:
    It’s very user unfriendly. Having to type in searches and scroll through things wastes time.

Thank you for your helpful comment. I'll let everyone at the office know your thoughts on what sucks about our website.

Reed Kasaoka

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

You know that when The Crisser doesn't like it, you're onto something good.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I liked being able to easily browse/shop by sport and decade. So I preferred a sub- category under the sport, pre-70, 70s, 80s, etc. this way not everything loads and I don't need to scroll through a ton of items. Especially now that the pics are so large I can only see one item on my mobile screen at a time...I liked the 3 item-wide view.

That said, it may be just me and I'm sure I'll get used to it and the team will continue to tweak to make it more user friendly.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    BBCEBBCE Posts: 111

OK, just a little update. We have added links on the Homepage for:
    "Click Here to View Items Back in Stock"
    and
    "Click Here to View New Items in Stock"
    They work just like our old site.
    Still working on other things.

• Options
    bensiebensie Posts: 59 ✭✭

Wow, the new site is terrible. It's very counterintuitive and the navigation is way worse than the old site. I much prefer the old method of being able to sort by decade.

• Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

@bensie said:
    Wow, the new site is terrible. It's very counterintuitive and the navigation is way worse than the old site. I much prefer the old method of being able to sort by decade.

Just click on shop at the top of the page and then on the left of the next page you have the option to search by decade.

https://shop.bbcexchange.com/itemcatalog.aspx

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

At the risk of being overly harsh, this site looks like it still needs a lot of work. The following comments are all based on the desktop browser version of the site, not anything on mobile

1) The entire site makes very poor use of screen real estate with the main area of the display taking up roughly 1000 pixels and using those not particularly efficiently. Modern displays are almost always 1920x1080 or larger. The result is 900 pixels of completely unused space.

2) The navigation stuff to the left, with decades/sports, is rendered in a REALLY small, low-contrast font that is difficult to read.

3) After searching for an item, the results were displayed but rendered incorrectly, with the picture going outside of the "box" for the item and the text rendering very vertically.

4) When viewing an item, the "Tell a Friend", "Ask a Question", and "Have One to Sell" graphics are rendered on top of the item photo.

5) The default view shows 25 items per page - 6 rows of 4 and 1 row of 1. Either do 5 rows of 5 or go with 24 per page.

6) Going back to #1, the photos shown in the inventory listings (the 25 items per page view) are very small.

7) Many, many of the unopened products don't describe the hit ratio in the boxes. Some don't even give the card counts of the packs and just say "28 packs" or similar.

And so on.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tabe, that is some great feed back, well done. Updating a website can take a couple of revisions and solid feed back is important.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

@Tabe said:
    At the risk of being overly harsh, this site looks like it still needs a lot of work. The following comments are all based on the desktop browser version of the site, not anything on mobile

1) The entire site makes very poor use of screen real estate with the main area of the display taking up roughly 1000 pixels and using those not particularly efficiently. Modern displays are almost always 1920x1080 or larger. The result is 900 pixels of completely unused space.

2) The navigation stuff to the left, with decades/sports, is rendered in a REALLY small, low-contrast font that is difficult to read.

3) After searching for an item, the results were displayed but rendered incorrectly, with the picture going outside of the "box" for the item and the text rendering very vertically.

4) When viewing an item, the "Tell a Friend", "Ask a Question", and "Have One to Sell" graphics are rendered on top of the item photo.

5) The default view shows 25 items per page - 6 rows of 4 and 1 row of 1. Either do 5 rows of 5 or go with 24 per page.

6) Going back to #1, the photos shown in the inventory listings (the 25 items per page view) are very small.

7) Many, many of the unopened products don't describe the hit ratio in the boxes. Some don't even give the card counts of the packs and just say "28 packs" or similar.

And so on.

Points #1-6 are spot on. We totally agree with you, Tabe. The companies that build and manage our website clearly don't know how to use common sense.

Point #7 is totally our fault. Things have to slow down around here before we get around to updating our descriptions, which means it will probably never happen.

Reed Kasaoka

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm amazed at how the 50s, 60s and even 70s unopened inventory continues to dry up. Will we ever reach a day when early 80s material is hard to come by? It will be interesting to see what is unveiled at the National. That seems to be about the only time significant pre 1970 unopened is available.

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

@dmurphy3mvp

I'm sure you could just put out a general "help request" to the collecting world and ask the web people to write descriptions for you and then copy paste them Into the items.

Seems fellow collectors are always willing to help.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2018 4:36PM

I am not quite sure if you are being sarcastic or not in your posts on this topic Reed, as sometimes sarcasm does not come across well in the written word, so I have to give you the benefit of the doubt. But the way you are coming off, at least to me, seems pretty condescending and not too professional. Maybe I am reading your comments wrong, but perhaps you should leave the public comments on this topic up to someone else at BBCE as you are not able to take the criticism very constructively. Doesn't make BBCE look very good. Snarky is not good for business.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

lol wat

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I am not quite sure if you are being sarcastic or not in your posts on this topic Reed, as sometimes sarcasm does not come across well in the written word, so I have to give you the benefit of the doubt. But the way you are coming off, at least to me, seems pretty condescending and not too professional. Maybe I am reading your comments wrong, but perhaps you should leave the public comments on this topic up to someone else at BBCE as you are not able to take the criticism very constructively. Doesn't make BBCE look very good. Snarky is not good for business.

• Options

@craig44 said:

While I can see why my comments would sound like sarcasm, they are not. The new site has indeed been frustrating, and it sucks that I can't do more to help things get fixed. The companies who we are working with really don't seem to have a clue. I can't believe they finished laying out the home page, took a step back and viewed their work, and said, "yep, that looks good." (Sarcasm.)

There is a double standard on these message boards - collectors can voice their own opinions without any sort of backlash, but when a dealer like myself makes a comment someone doesn't like, people get to chime in about threatening to take their business elsewhere. A few people have even called, emailed, and told Steve in person that he should fire me because they disagreed with my opinions. That is crossing the line. This is why I don't take constructive criticism well.

Reed Kasaoka

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Reed - I for one, really appreciate that you take the time to respond. I hope
    you continue to do so when you feel the need. Having worked with you guys plenty through the years I have every confidence you'll get it right. Have a great National.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dmurphy3mvp said:

@craig44 said:

While I can see why my comments would sound like sarcasm, they are not. The new site has indeed been frustrating, and it sucks that I can't do more to help things get fixed. The companies who we are working with really don't seem to have a clue. I can't believe they finished laying out the home page, took a step back and viewed their work, and said, "yep, that looks good." (Sarcasm.)

There is a double standard on these message boards - collectors can voice their own opinions without any sort of backlash, but when a dealer like myself makes a comment someone doesn't like, people get to chime in about threatening to take their business elsewhere. A few people have even called, emailed, and told Steve in person that he should fire me because they disagreed with my opinions. That is crossing the line. This is why I don't take constructive criticism well.

Thanks for the reply reed. I wasn't sure how to take your posts on this thread, but now I am clear. It must be very frustrating to pay those tech companies big money and not be happy with the results. I'm sure you will get it straightened out and hopefully they will come good on their work

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭
    edited July 20, 2018 11:40AM

Give them some time to work out the issues. I built my site and I am now in the process of rebranding it (FreshBULK.com) with some minor changes. What a pain in the butt. Everything takes time. I was just working on mine last night and it gets so frustrating when something doesn't look or work the way I want it to. They will get it right eventually.

Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying
  • Options
    FayeildingFayeilding Posts: 88
    edited July 21, 2018 7:54AM

@dmurphy3mvp said:

@CrissCriss said:
    It’s very user unfriendly. Having to type in searches and scroll through things wastes time.

Thank you for your helpful comment. I'll let everyone at the office know your thoughts on what sucks about our website.

So this wasn’t sarcasm? If it wasn’t, I sure read it that way & I’m very sarcastic and normally pick up on it well.

If was sarcasm, it wasn’t the right move.

If it was genuine, then I appreciate your candor, but it’s understandable how many would misinterpret that post.

Regardless, anyone trying to have you fired unless you went way over the line directed toward someone has issues, that’s absurd.

• Options

@Fayeilding said:

@dmurphy3mvp said:

@CrissCriss said:

So this wasn’t sarcasm? If it wasn’t, I sure read it that way & I’m very sarcastic and normally pick up on it well.

If it was genuine, then I appreciate your candor, but it’s understandable how many would misinterpret that post.

Regardless, anyone trying to have you fired unless you went way over the line directed toward someone has issues, that’s absurd.

If you see who I was replying to, you'd know it was definitely sarcasm, and yes, it was absolutely the right move.

As to your second point, yes, it's completely absurd. What's even crazier are these people thinking Steve is going to listen to them regarding my employment status. Child please.

Reed Kasaoka

• Options

@dmurphy3mvp said:

@Fayeilding said:

@dmurphy3mvp said:

@CrissCriss said:

If you see who I was replying to, you'd know it was definitely sarcasm, and yes, it was absolutely the right move.

As to your second point, yes, it's completely absurd. What's even crazier are these people thinking Steve is going to listen to them regarding my employment status. Child please.

Definitely don’t know the reasoning of who you replied to making it ok.

I assume others would based on your post, but yeah I didn’t have that context which certainly can can change things.

• Options

@Fayeilding said:

@dmurphy3mvp said:

@Fayeilding said:

@dmurphy3mvp said:

@CrissCriss said:

Definitely don’t know the reasoning of who you replied to making it ok.

I assume others would based on your post, but yeah I didn’t have that context which certainly can can change things.

trolls gonna get trolled

• Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

Wasn't Reed barred by Steve from interacting on here? Did Steve lift your ban Reed?

• Options

@BALROG said:
    All fine and not rippin' here. The admittance of being an expert in pack searching/sequencing though in a couple posts has halted any intention of ever buying single packs of value from the place represented here. Graded or not.

Being able to search packs and knowing some of the sequences doesn't make me an untrustworthy dealer or person. It should make me a valuable asset to those who rely on my expertise to help them make informed decisions when building their collections. I don't open packs, I don't search packs with bad intentions, nor do I search packs and give the "good" stuff to my friends. Hell, I'm not even involved in the selling process at BBCE. I do these things to ensure - along with Steve - that our customers are getting clean product. If you met me or got to know me, you'd understand, but go ahead - pass judgment on me. We have thousands of satisfied pack, box, and case breakers that can vouch for us selling clean product over and over and over again.

Reed Kasaoka

• Options

@ZTarg said:
    Wasn't Reed barred by Steve from interacting on here? Did Steve lift your ban Reed?

No. However, I should ban myself because of the things I mentioned before. Collectors can say what they want little retribution; I voice my opinion, and those who disagree turn it round and try to damage my reputation and business.

Reed Kasaoka