Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Label each card saver?

I see that PSA would like each card saver labeled with the submission number and line. Is this step really necessary? I have not done this in the past. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Just noticed it too. I ended up printing labels for my submission yesterday. Maybe PSA analyzed their process and found that pushing this step to the customer will reduce processing time? If so that’s fine with me.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am about to start a sub of over 100 cards. Can you elaborate on this please.

Do you need to get printable labels? Does it prompt you when you finalize it online?

Perhaps the moderator can chime with more details from the company.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did that on my first subs a decade ago. Have not done it since. Never had an issue

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, many years ago this was the suggestion and I did it as well. It is a lot of work

@rexvos said:
    I did that on my first subs a decade ago. Have not done it since. Never had an issue

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never done this and have never had an issue.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

I just noticed it for the first time during this submission. Have submitted four previous times without labeling with no issues.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember seeing it on my first submission in 2006 when they had a video explaining step-by-step how to prepare, package and ship your submission but I haven't done it in many years and have never had a problem.

Arthur

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's definately not something that you need to do. If you do it, it saves them time which in turn saves you time. I guess (and it is just that, a guess) with a bulk submission it would probably be a good idea - at least to try once.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭

My last 30 odd, or so submissions were handed directly to the PSA reps on the other side of the table at the Philly (Valley Forge Show)... Cards were presented in Card Savers I - without any labels - counted - rubber banded with the submission forms and no mention of submission labels came from the receiving agents. Never. Submissions were CC freebies, CC monthly specials and bulk.

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

When I first submitted back in 2012 I used labels on each card saver id'ing the card and all that info. Seems like I saw a guy on YouTube recommend it back then. Maybe PackersCorner I think. I thought you weren't supposed to do it anymore so I stopped. I could see it making the workers for PSA life easier if it was done.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2018 6:06PM

Not that I like doing it, but I like to do it when I have cards that are similar to other cards in the Nolan Ryan Master set. I do it to try and prevent "Mechanical Errors".

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

@rexvos said:

Agreed. I did this on subs in 2004 and 2005, but not since. Never had an issue.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

@divecchia said:
    Not that I like doing it, but I like to do it when I have cards that are similar to other cards in the Nolan Ryan Master set. I do it to try and prevent "Mechanical Errors".

Donato

i am pretty sure that didn't stop the Mechanical Errors!!!

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

@jradke4 said:

@divecchia said:

Donato

I may have gotten lucky, but the 5 subs I sent in with labels on the card savers had no "Mechanical Errors" with a total of 249 cards sent in from September of 2013 to March of 2014.

Donato

Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, years ago they required it then I didn't see anything. I've sent in 14 subs this year and on the first 8 I didn't do it. I have done it on my most recent and was curious to see if it improved turn around time. Too early to tell at this point. I guess it might help if cards get out of order somehow?!?! Not real sure. Doing the small subs is not hard, but it gets real tedious on bulk subs of 100 or more. Last time I had my oldest daughter put the order number on all of them while I did the line numbers. That was a big help and I don't think I broke any child labor laws since she's 22.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone here abbreviating the task by omitting the sub number and the label stickers, but just taking a sharpie and numbering the CS1 1 through whatever number ends the order on your stack?

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

@divecchia said:

@jradke4 said:

@divecchia said:

Donato

I may have gotten lucky, but the 5 subs I sent in with labels on the card savers had no "Mechanical Errors" with a total of 249 cards sent in from September of 2013 to March of 2014.

Donato

I have written the card info on a post it on the CS1 and they still dont always get it right. but to me those are mechanical errors. when they sent me a 97 Laserview auto'd Elway card labeled as Marino and the Marino card labeled as Elway that was mechanical. When they can't probably ID parallel issues, that I have told them what to look for that is something else. Even the flip of Elway for Marino still ends up being sloppiness at the end of the day. clearly they do not always do great QC.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

@jradke4 As I said, I probably got lucky.

I'll agree with you as some of the errors I'm seen are pure sloppiness. The person doing the QC may not know the card parallel, but they should at least be able to read the name on the ball card and match it up to the name on the flip.

Donato