Home Precious Metals

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

free pastrami sandwich with every purchase

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

I grew to....HATE..... gold filled and plate in the shop.
    Such disappointment. :D

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bid up to $6100? That sounds really high for GF cases ... even 25 pounds.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does not look as if it will be worth the effort to refine.... Not at that price anyway... Cheers, RickO

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody's sure making out on this lot!!

bob :)

Oh, it's the seller

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love to be the seller on this one! :D

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

they are going to make some money on the shipping too, 200 dollars shipping. I could ship this lot for well under 50 dollars

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll pass !!! :s

Timbuk3
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

OMG . We've become so 3rd World in this country. Like Naples Italy back a few decades ago, Bums everywhere offering glaringly cheap looking Rolexes for $10 . Even from 50 feet you could see the things weren't Gold.

Once you've gone 3rd World.............. can you ever go back? It's a sad place to be.

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

From some of the refining I've done yields on high wear items can vary quite a bit. I tend to net $.75 to $1.50 per gram of gold filled. So they buyer may come out with quite a bit of gold depending if they do the refining themselves or ship it out and pay a fee.

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2018 9:21PM

So for all those saying this is junk have you ever refined or purchased scrap to refine?

• WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:
    So for all those saying this is junk have you ever refined or purchased scrap to refine?

Outside of the original posts, that pic is great! I would be tempted to melt into one big bar.