Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1915 Mexican Peso Oaxaca Km-740

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Iphone does not do justice to the color on this coin.

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one - common truncation of the bust, right? While often available in MS, i don't believe i've seen a 67 grade before. Must really pop in hand!

• Options

Your a true numismatist !

Yes it pops in hand . Pop 1 too

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:
    Your a true numismatist !

Yes it pops in hand . Pop 1 too

Thanks, but definitely not my series. I just had a few of these over the years and liked the fact that there are a number of varieties.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool !!! B)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can imagine it is quite attractive in hand

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

We just finished an order of over a hundred of these varieties that were purchased from Richard Picker long ago. The lowest grade was AU-58 Red and brown. Most coins were gem unc brown or red-brown yet none had the blue and gold toning. Too bad none needed conservation. Some would have undoubtedly turned completely "blue." I like the way this is just toned around the edge. :wink:

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    We just finished an order of over a hundred of these varieties that were purchased from Richard Picker long ago. The lowest grade was AU-58 Red and brown. Most coins were gem unc brown or red-brown yet none had the blue and gold toning. Too bad none needed conservation. Some would have undoubtedly turned completely "blue." I like the way this is just toned around the edge. :wink:

The km 740.1 variety is silver . :)

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2018 8:58AM

@bidask said:

@Insider2 said:

The km 740.1 variety is silver . :)

Very Sorry! Another mistake of omission. :( I've been told to keep off the World Coin Forum by a member for just this reason! I should have posted:

My post has nothing to do with the OP's coin except the blue color and it's high grade. The company I work for just finished an order of over a hundred of these Mexican Revolutionary issues that were purchased from Richard Picker long ago. The One Peso coins are silver while the 20C, 10C, and 5C varieties having a similar obverse design are struck in copper. If I remember correctly - my reference book is still at the office - the die for the obverse was also used for some copper types. The lowest grade in the group of smaller denomination pieces struck in copper was AU-58 Red and brown. Most coins were gem unc brown or red-brown yet none had the blue and gold toning. Too bad none needed conservation. Some would have undoubtedly turned completely "blue." I like the way this is just toned around the edge. :wink:

This should read much better? I'll try to be more precise with any future posts on this forum as I don't wish to mislead any readers.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!