Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

handful of PCGS 65 buffs: 37-s, 38 D/D (in 66), 38 D/S

ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of these pieces were in the set when it was awarded the Best Digital Album of 2017. All are high end and eye appealing. In each case with exception of the 30-S I've upgraded into higher numerical grades, and in all cases I've moved into pieces that are better fits for the overall set. I am hoping these pieces can find happy long term homes.

Prices are delivered and assume we can avoid PayPal fees one way or another.

PCGS65, asking $135. REDUCED TO $115 Super nice and decent shot at 66 IMO. Great strike like it should. Luster is all there. Subtle ice blue to violet undertones add to eye appeal. What sets this one apart is the super clean surface, with not a nick of any note.

1937-S PCGS65, ON HOLD asking $65. REDUCED TO $55 A bit over guide but worth the few extra bucks IMO. Deliciously thick original skin with booming luster. Stunning contrast of mostly untoned devices, surrounded by rich gold tones in the fields, which transitions to some slight purple immediately along the rim. Great strike and pristine surfaces. Part of the set t when it won Best Digital Album 2017.

1938-D/D PCGS66, asking $100. Heritage image below is best I have, and in typical Heritage fashion, undersells the luster and a blue/purple tones by a wide margin. Bold RPM. Acquired when I was doing the NGC registry, it became redundant when I started PCGS set, but liked it enough to keep for many years. Edited to add I retrieved this from SDB 6/13and I can assure you this is a total blazer. Varying shades of blue/violet/purple toning graces the surfaces, and I am now questioning why I upgraded to a 67. Eye appeal is off the charts. Whoever gets this will be very pleased.

1938 D/S PCGS65. ON HOLD asking $200. REDUCED TO $175 A bit over price guide and a mid point to next grade up. I try my best to avoid "monster toner" but if there was a time to use it, it is with this piece. Not much to add to the image other than to say it is truly PQ. Part of the set when it won Best Digital Album 2017.

Comments