Options

Man Tries To Sell Ounce of Gold for $50--No Takers

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    That had me in stitches!! ROTFLMAO

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Mindless sheep.....all of them.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to America.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did enjoy and mailed it off to some friends with the same question:
    Would you buy it??

I am waiting to hear....

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Most people dont know there are US gold coins made much less Canadian gold
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only do I want to receive stolen goods, I want someone to video tape me while I do it?

I'm not sure I'd have done it, and I know damn well the value of an ounce of gold.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    Unfortunately, it was a "bad experiment" because he had a microphone shoved in people's faces.

Better... a hidden mike and hidden camera, and he might have gotten more "honest" responses.

Even better... he went into pawn shops to see what they offered him. If he used the same approach, he might only be offered $50 or less because its "Canadian."

Im only sorry he didnt find me.
  • Options
    1. Mark Dice is a clown!

2. $50 for something that worth $1,000 is too good to be true, so it must be fake!

3. People don't go to the beach to buy gold.

4. Mark Dice is a clown!

5. Mark Dice is a clown!
  • Options
    rpwrpw Posts: 235 ✭✭
    2. $50 for something that worth $1,000 is too good to be true, so it must be fake!

I must say that would be my knee jerk reaction.
    imageimage Small Size National Bank Note Type Set $5-$100
  • Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    Can you really consider this video to be a true test of public reaction or sentiment towards gold? after all, the buy has a microphone stuck in their faces. that alone will divert attention from the actual subject which is the gold coin.

if you ask me this was for entertainment purposes only, and has no bearing whatsoever on what "the common man" thinks about gold.
  • Options
    He didn't seem to want to sell it when the guy said he would give him 20 bucks....
  • Options
    RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Wow this looks totally fake. I'm sure these people were coached to say not to accept the offer, or else video footage of everyone who did want to buy was cut out of the clip.
    This guy is out of touch with reality... beachfront houses for $1M? Monthly rent of $1200? I think he needs to multiply those numbers by 10.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    image It is sad how dumbed down our society has become.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was definitely a flawed experiment. Those approached may not have been as 'brainless' as portrayed.

I would not have purchased the coin from that clown..... first of all, I would not have taken him seriously. If I thought he was serious, I would have suspected either stolen goods, or a sting operation of some sort. And with a camera and microphone documenting every word.... who in their right mind would purchase gold under those conditions? Out in public... advertising purchasing a gold coin to the world... maybe ending up in the evening news, or on the internet.... yeah, right! I'll buy that coin!! Who would invite that type of hassle into their lives?

I noticed that he targeted quite a few younger individuals... ones that would not have much cash and also might not have the knowledge of golds' value, etc.

Also, I imagine quite a bit of editing was done to the video. Perhaps there were a few takers.... after all, we saw that one individual offered $20, but the video cut off after that point....

This video provides no useful insights whatsoever into how people view gold... or their knowledge of it. Not to me anyways.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't watch but about 20 seconds of this. Condesending a$$holes don't garner my viewing time.
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2. $50 for something that worth $1,000 is too good to be true, so it must be fake!

I must say that would be my knee jerk reaction. >>

Hey rpw, what is your chill pill (avatar) made of? It weighs more than 8 American Silver Eagles.

That is what I call a heavy drug. image

bumachu, R.Ph.

And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    my 15 year old would take it immediately. even when he was a 10 year old he would do the same.

people are just idiots. dumbing down of America. its been happening for the last 50 years, and by now we have grown "sponges" with brains of "mush"