Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where's Weenie? Or, "The Wanderin' Weenie Thread". (Or, Things To Do With A MadMarty Sla

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
I met MadMarty (and Idahogal!) at the ANACS table during the Charlotte show last March.

Naturally, the Chicken was along. Did you know the MadMarty Chicken wears his own holey coin bling? Not only did he have a holey coin around his neck, but it was an enameled holey coin, which is oh so bling-ier than anything I have on my vest.

Speaking of which, a photo op naturally ensued:

(Hey, Marty deleted the picture. Bummer. I should have saved it.)

When MadMarty gave me one of his signature "weenie coins" in a custom slab, what was I to do but accept it?

The real question was, what was I to do afterwards- keep it, and cherish it always? I couldn't sell it- smoebody tried that once, and the Wrath of the Mad One, not to mention the scorn, are not something you wanna bring down on yourself!

So naturally I kept my souvenir.

Until a perverse idea struck me a while back. It happens to us holey folk periodically.

I decided to hole the MadMarty slab, but not the coin within it. Neatly drilling it at the two top corners, I then fastened the lanyard upon which I had worn my old G-8 Summit Secret Service ID badge onto it.

Now I had a MadMarty Weenie Slab that was wearable bling!

But I already have PLENTY of wearable bling, as you can see. So, what to do, what to do?

I decided to send the Weenie Slab Necklace out into the world, and let it travel from forum member to forum member, to see what sort of interesting places it ended up in. I did not entrust it to any old forum member, though- I had to meet somebody at a show and pass it on in person. They have to post it on the forums when they are entrusted with it, and then pass it on. (Not necessarily at a show, though that's great if we get some pix of folks wearing it on the bourse floor of shows where Marty and the Chicken couldn't be there in person). Let it pass from forum member to forum member, but remember- only the Worthy, the Few, the Proud, the Anointed, may touch Marty's Weenie.

Help the spirit of MadMarty travel the country, and maybe the world.

Who knows who'll end up holding Marty's weenie?

We shall see. I have passed it on, now, so let's wait and see where it turns up!

March, 2007: MadMarty gives lordmarcovan one of his weenies. (Yes, he apparently has multiple weenies. Yes, it sounds scary.)

January 26, 2008: lordmarcovan makes it into a necklace and passes it to another forum member after the Macon, GA show, in a Chili's parking lot.

January 26, 2008 (a few moments later): said forum member hands Marty's weenie to yet ANOTHER forum member. A photo op ensues.

Where's Weenie now? And what of the pictures of the Weenie Necklace Passing Ceremony?

Only time will tell.

We shall see, we shall see.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Kan ya help an old stump jumper out? What is a "bling-ier", dat der anytrhing like a bra-zer? image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options

<< <i>Kan ya help an old stump jumper out? What is a "bling-ier", dat der anytrhing like a bra-zer? image >>

bling·i·er adj. (blĭng'EE'er).

1. More blingy, having excessive blinginess.
    2. Resembling a Liberace costume accessory.
    3. A dazzling bauble designed to confuse and baffle stump jumpers, or pigs with dentures.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Kan ya help an old stump jumper out? What is a "bling-ier", dat der anytrhing like a bra-zer? image >>

Bling
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options

<< <i>

bling·i·er adj. (blĭng'EE'er).

1. More blingy, having excessive blinginess.
    2. Resembling a Liberace costume accessory.
    3. A dazzling bauble designed to confuse and baffle stump jumpers, or pigs with dentures. >>

Tank ya, dat der is as clear as da beer lable on my forehead! ( I'm on da patch ya know) image

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

• Options
    Remember, if you are appointed the Holder Of The Weenie Slab Necklace, you must pass it on, and post pictures of the ceremony!

May it forevermore become a treasured forum artifact.

• Options
    Forum member #2.....always glad to participate!

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I like this idea!!! We MUST have pictures!!!

Whatever you do DON'T give it to MrPaseo, I saw what he did with the last Weenie Coin!!! image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

<----------Had to keep the "avatar pose" going. And so, Marty's Weenie is packed up as I type, awaiting an address. Who could get it next?

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Now I am convinced that us coin folk are just "not right" image

I strongly suggest that whoever receives this "Powerful" Icon should wear rubber gloves when handling it!!!

Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    So, the real question now is...

Where's Weenie? image

• Options

<< <i><----------Had to keep the "avatar pose" going. And so, Marty's Weenie is packed up as I type, awaiting an address. Who could get it next?

image >>

• Options
    Well...I am the "lucky" next recipient of the wandering weenie...image ...Wes sent it North and...

It has arrived...image...I carefully put on my rubber gloves to extract it from the envelope and it is in isolation now...in a decontamination chamber...image ...one can never be sure where Marty's Weenie (coin) has been...image

I now need to round up some other local forum members (and one with a camera) to have some fun. It might not be until the Old Bridge, NJ show in 2 weeks...but I am gonna see if we can get together this weekend at Parsippany...

Do not fear...the weenie (coin) is safe...now I gotta find me a Trojan to keep everything else safe...
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    cant wait my friend,,image
    toner loner
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    What a bunch a weenies!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    Thank's for adding humor to my day.image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, oh. I may be suffering from weenie-envie!

Cathy

(sorry, bad day at work and hitting the wine bottle image)

• Options
    TTT
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

<< <i>Uh, oh. I may be suffering from weenie-envie!

Cathy

(sorry, bad day at work and hitting the wine bottle image) >>

imageimage
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Shoot, this thread is full of weenies. image
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everytime I start to think this place has no sense of humor something like this comes up...You all are a hoot! Thanks for making my evening...

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    Weenie showed up at the Parsippany (NJ) show on sunday ( I know it is thursday but have been busyimage and more details to follow why it took so long)

here is Jon Lerner ( Scarsdale coin ) spending some time

next is Larry ( SeaEagleCoins)

next is a special someoneimage

next is meimage

a good time was had by all ( and no slabs were hurt in the taking of these pictures)image
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    now the reason why pics were delayed! It seems that Marty's weenie coin had a REAL good time here in NJ! thru DNA testing it was determined that "weenie" is the father ( twin girls due shortlyimage) So Marty paternity suit papers have been filed ( you will be receiving your copies shortly) and I hope that "weenie" will do the right thing and take care of his responsiblities!

steve

myCCset
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Great thread.... really image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Boy...that weenie of Marty's sure gets around...and moves fast...image

...but not fast enough...there were a number of forum members that heard that Marty's Wandering Weenie was in the house...and they made themselves REAL scarce...image

...guess they didn't want to be seen with the 'nefarious' coin...

...as you can see...even I was trying to keep it under my hat...but the darn thing wouldn't stay put...image

(edited to add...didn't realize that my face wasn't gonna show in the pic...guess I'm safe though...the lawyers can't ID me as a witness for the paternity suit...image )
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Ummmmmmmmmmmm, Hey Larry, SeaEagleCoins, that coin pendant you're wearing and the one on the 'bosom' right below you. They seem awfully 'similar'. Is there anything you'd like to share with the group??

• Options
    Larry wishes!imageimage
    steve

myCCset
  • Options

<< <i>Ummmmmmmmmmmm, Hey Larry, SeaEagleCoins, that coin pendant you're wearing and the one on the 'bosom' right below you. They seem awfully 'similar'. Is there anything you'd like to share with the group??

image >>

Well, Rob...if you hadn't "rubber" chickened out and stuck around...maybe you'd already know the rest of the story...imageimage
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ummmmmmmmmmmm, Hey Larry, SeaEagleCoins, that coin pendant you're wearing and the one on the 'bosom' right below you. They seem awfully 'similar'. Is there anything you'd like to share with the group??

image >>

Well, Rob...if you hadn't "rubber" chickened out and stuck around...maybe you'd already know the rest of the story...imageimage >>

So very true Larry, but I make it a point not to handle others' 'weenies' image

Sorry man!
  • Options
    Weenies...!!!....Weenies....!!!...image...Where are the Mods when you really need them....?!?!?!?!.....
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    "Weenies...!!!....Weenies....!!!......Where are the Mods when you really need them....?!?!?!?!....." Gemineye

HMMM.. Wild guess, they are probably reading the thread and laughing their A$$ off. I am.
    image. jws
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Might have to give a PCGS slab equal time!

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Jest a li'l friendly image for the daytime crowd...hope you all have a good day...TGIF...image
  • Options

It's already turned up in more places than I could imagine! image

BTW, to identify the LordM pedigreed weenie slab (as if the drilled holes and Sea Island G-8 Summit necklace attachment weren't enough), I signed the back of the slab.

Where's Weeniecoin gonna show up next?

I am beginning to get a feeling Marty's weeniecoin might eventually out-travel Marty and the chicken themselves!

Thanks fer sharin', y'all.

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    toppin' the weenie out.....

Where's he at now????image
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    rumor has it that it is now with sTONER...

now...if he gets together with ahooka...

then god only knows where it will end up and what might happen to it...image

• Options
    The world awaits the next weenie sighting.

I've now subscribed to this thread so I'll get an email when it resurfaces.

• Options
    If it ends up at the Phoenix show in a couple weeks I would love a photo-op!

Aaron
  • Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    me and David in for a quickie,, image
    toner loner
  • Options
    holey carp!!!

I'm calling dyfis(sp?) ... this looks like child abuse!!! image

• Options

• Options
    glad to see "weenie" is showing his face again ( well whatever he is showingimage)! thought the paternity suit caused him to go and hide!imageimageimage
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    The weenie is in Maine & will make a cameo appearance @ the coin show in Portland Maine Sunday, March 16th
  • Options

<< <i>The weenie is in Maine & will make a cameo appearance @ the coin show in Portland Maine Sunday, March 16th >>

Soooooo...the weenie went to Maine...

Based on it's shennanigans here in NJ...I'd say it better look out...there might be some lawyers looking for it/him...image
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The weenie is in Maine & will make a cameo appearance @ the coin show in Portland Maine Sunday, March 16th >>

Looking forward to pics. image
  • Options
    I hope a " Lobstah " does'nt clip that thing image
  • Options
    Anyone else going to the show Sunday ?
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i> hope a " Lobstah " does'nt clip that thing >>

Especially not if it's the lobstah that DCarr featured on his parody Maine quarter design! That one could crush a car, let alone a little weenie! image

• Options
    Pictures will be posted shortly image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file