Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

THIS THREAD FOR STAMP COLLECTORS ONLY! ANYONE WHO POSTS HERE WILL BE CONSIDERED ONE!

Comments

• Options
    Poe58 is at it again. (I knew that and didn't even click on the link)
  • Options
    Oh no, not another Poe thread!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Certainly not the type of seller any thinking person would do business with more than once.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    US $2.50 US Postal Service First Class Mail

Ins. 1.30 optional?

That's enough of a crock right there.

the coin looks to be AU at best with some possible corrosion.
  • Options

<< <i>You have seven days from the date of shipment to return the item for any reason except for damage during shipping; I offer Postal insurance to cover that. Uninsured items are shipped at buyer’s risk! >>

I'm certainly not trying to defend him in any way but, Where does it say that in that auction ? I don't see it anywhere ?

• Options

<< <i>US $2.50 US Postal Service First Class Mail >>

Quite honestly, we charge $2.00 for first class mail, but you can buy as many coins as you want for no additional shipping charges. Keeping in mind that all coins are put in new holders, then wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a self-sealing bag and put into a bubble mailer, that amount really is fair. I've never purchased from Poe. If he's charging 2.50 but additional items are free s/h, that's not too bad.
    Education...the key to collector success!
    ANA#R216999
    WINS#482
    EAC#5255
    CONECA#N-3902
    Coin Community Forum
  • Options
    Ebay seller "bidforthis" (alias 14fortheditch Nov-06-00 Aug-25-01 **************@verizon.net Jun-06-00 Nov-06-00) stuck me with a POS bust dime in an auction that stated "refund policy applies to this auction" a few years ago . It was actually a "no refund" policy!

This is a prince of a man who has racked up 2 NEGs as a seller in the past 3 weeks!
  • Options

<< <i>My return Policy! You have seven days from the date of shipment to return the item.......... >>

What the ??? Sheesh, It could take close to that 7 days for it to arrive !

Is this another sneaky tactic to refuse returns and refunds ??
  • Options
    RYK, Are you in cahoots with Poe to get more to look at his auctions? All I see for a return policy on that auction is....

<< <i>Seller's payment instructions & return policy
    I accept PayPal, Personal Checks, Cashiers Checks and or Money Orders. Items are shipped when funds are received. In the case of an E-Check, when PayPal releases the funds. I have a seven day return Policy. >>

Member Steamfitters Local 614
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

It's truly funny, no make that truly sad, that people in this day and age are so wrapped up in their own little world that they refuse to try and teach someone else the correct or accepted way of doing things.
  • Options

<< <i>This has become weird. Click the second link for the original post. The seller has changed the auction and eliminated the return policy statement >>

Well, Maybe some good has come from all of this then ?
  • Options
    And one other note/question:

<< <i>Q: <<"My return Policy! You have seven days from the date of shipment to return the item....">> ?? Wha ?? Shouldn't it be from when the buyer receives the...more answered on: Sep-09-04 >>

RYK, Where did you get that quote from ????
  • Options
    the coins not AU
  • Options

<< <i>Q: <<"My return Policy! You have seven days from the date of shipment to return the item....">> ?? Wha ?? Shouldn't it be from when the buyer receives the...more answered on: Sep-09-04

This has become weird.

The seller has changed the auction and eliminated the return policy statement.

So try this link instead before he changes it again. >>

Um, none of his auctions show that. Are you quoting from an old thread? I do see this in there though..... If you don't like it send it back for a refund!
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

It's truly funny, no make that truly sad, that people in this day and age are so wrapped up in their own little world that they refuse to try and teach someone else the correct or accepted way of doing things.
  • Options
    RYK,

Where did you get that quote ??
  • Options

<< <i>Catfish...you sly dog...are you really Poe58? >>

Thank You, but no I proved to K6AZ I am in Mississippi while Poe is in Ohio. Besides, can't you tell I am smarter than him. I'm catfish172 on eBay as well look up my "About Me".
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options
    Thursday September 09, 2004 8:39 PM (NEW!)
    RYK writes:

Q: <<"My return Policy! You have seven days from the date of shipment to return the item....">> ?? Wha ?? Shouldn't it be from when the buyer receives the...more answered on: Sep-09-04 Q: >>

This has become weird.

The seller has changed the auction and eliminated the return policy statement.

So try this link instead before he changes it again.

Edited: Thursday September 09, 2004 at 8:44 PM by RYK

RYK,
    Where did you get that quote from ????

• Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    This whole thread doesn't make much sense...... but......

RYK, Are you in cahoots with Poe to get more to look at his auctions?

Now that is funny........ image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Poe58 is at it again. (I knew that and didn't even click on the link) >>

Ditto.....knew it had to be poe

Edited to add: Hmmm....for all his complaining about people here, maybe he finally got it through his dense head what the RIGHT thing should be concerning a return policy on ebay???? If so, then congrats to him. All that will be left is changing his pi$$poor attitude.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Hmmm, guess we can tell who posts first then checks links later.
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    RYK, SS350Camaro has asked you a direct question several times now! He deserves an answer. Where DID you get that quote from? Why are you evading his question?
  • Options
    Boom...if you mean the quote on the return policy, then view the 2nd link in the 1st thread.
    It is at the bottom.....poe listed the question he was asked with his answer.
    All Ryk did was copy/paste from that. Nothing nefarious.

What is interesting is that another link that Ryk listed/posted with an edit at 8:44pm had the auction "revised" by poe at 8:47pm image

I guess for all his whining, poe actually realizes people here don't go on the attack on innocent people and actually do try to be helpful and point things out (sometimes harshly, but some of the recipients deserve that harshness when they have such rotten attitudes and try to rip off others). So, he is changing things, finally, to the betterment of himself and ebay bidders (as long as it isn't just "lip service" and he realizes that people are not all scum trying to rip him off and that he does sell some questionable material (from his grades for them).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Those of you who keep asking RYK where he got the quotes from need to take note of this in the auctions:

Description (revised)

Within minutes of the posting of this thread, the auction descriptions were edited and the language removed. It's pretty clear now that CatGut and PoeBoy are either the same person or working together.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Those of you who keep asking RYK where he got the quotes from need to take note of this in the auctions:

Description (revised)

Within minutes of the posting of this thread, the auction descriptions were edited and the language removed. It's pretty clear now that CatGut and PoeBoy are either the same person or working together.

Russ, NCNE >>

No Russ, I have been asking Joe since before the first "Poe" thread to change his auctions due to the "matter of time" post I made in that thread. Later, he wouldn't do it because of the abuse he took in that thread. He told me he changed them all in response to the question posed "in a valid nonabusive manner" through the eBay's "Ask a seller question" link. I see now that that was most likely "ss350camaro" who did it. THANK YOU!!!! You have done with one civil question what I couldn't in 3 months! If I had any influence on Poe the first thread would've been much shorter as a refund would have been given long before the Paypal fiasco and his return policy would have been changed already and absolutely would have prevented that thread altogether. As to if this forum had anything to do with Poe's changes I do not know, but I sincerely doubt it because of his responses to me and in that first thread. That would be for him to answer. I do like his changes and hope he keeps them. As to others references to his grading skills, all I can say is I bid accordingly.
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options
    Sat pm bump
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options
    RYK said ...

<< <i>The seller, as you well know, and probably with your prompting, changed the return policies on all of his auctions. >>

Had nothing to do with me. <see above> ss350camaro is the hero in that endeavor. I learned from Poe that he changed all of the auctions at the same time. It made for some good falling out of the chair laughing at how the thread coincided with those changes. As I've seen in other threads....

<< <i>You can't buy this kind of entertainment! >>

USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options

<< <i>Certainly not the type of seller any thinking person would do business with more than once. >>

Then that puts you first in line Russell!

<< <i>Don't let your slabs go naked! Click Here! >>

Buy a shaving kit at Wally world instead!

I haven’t had such a good laugh in quite a long while. There is not one person in this forum that has in anyway had an influence on my policies. The email in question was the tip-off; if you will that your little club was again acting quite foolishly! I hope you all continue your childish ways; if not the baboon will have no where to play. The roadrunner would be so sad and Russell would be stuck with so many shaving kit bags. I would like to thank you RYK! You were right of course! I really thought they would be more intelligent than that! Well I was mistaken!

Thanks again!
    Joe
  • Options

<< <i>There is not one person in this forum that has in anyway had an influence on my policies >>

Not even me, and I've known you for years! However, the question posed to you via eBay was from a forum member. I Don't think he recognized you from the first thread. I'm glad you listened to his civil unprovoking question he asked. Just goes to show you, you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Now, if we could just get you to post here in the manner and character in which I know you, there would be a lot more friendly diatribes and great conversations around here. After all, you do have a college degree.
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options
    Knowing this is probably going to pi$$ people off, I wouldn't necessarily want to post civilly if I was Poe. He's been put on the defensive from the beginning. Whether or not we agree with his grading or not, let's keep in mind that grading is subjective and his pictures are certainly clear enough for bidders to formulate their own opinions. All in all, after looking at Poe's auctions, I believe that he is trying to represent his coins accurately and is not deserving of all of the attacks made on this board. I, for one, would like to hear Poe's side (remember there are always two sides to every coin - pun intended). JMO. image
    ANA#R216999
    WINS#482
    EAC#5255
    CONECA#N-3902
    Coin Community Forum
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In that long, long thread there is plenty of 'his side' for you to hear. Start with this, in his words re: that seated quarter he tried to stick me with: "there is no rim nick." Then look at his own pictures, see the rim nick, and come back and say that you believe he is trying to represent his coins honestly. But, whatever... buy from him if you want.
    mirabela
  • Options
    It's not a matter of buying from him. I just think that the bashing that has gone on in this thread (and other threads that I've seen) is childish and base. Sorry if that offends anyone, but that's how I feel.
    ANA#R216999
    WINS#482
    EAC#5255
    CONECA#N-3902
    Coin Community Forum
  • Options
    Hello
    It has been asked of me by a friend to post in a civil manner on this thread! I will do so for his sake! The fact that has bothered me from the start is that it appeared to me Matthew planned the whole thing. I say this because there is no doubt that he knew I had shipped his item before he emailed about the insurance. He now has the money and the coin. I have never enforced the insurance clause except when it appeared that I was being scammed as it did and still does in Matthew’s case. I have been harassed by some of the members of this forum from the very beginning.
    I did state in the beginning that I felt that Matt intended to swap the coin. The reason for this is simple. I checked his recent auctions won and he had won three auctions with the same type of coin. I do not contend that he in fact swapped the coins; it merely appeared to me to be so at the time. I did not consider at the time that he could in fact be looking for an excuse to launch a vendetta on this forum. I thought that anyone could see that it was an unjustified attack. I mean he accused me of everything from being a con man to spreading a computer virus. The mistake I made was to answer PayPal as if I were dealing with a reasonable person. I did not read the email fully! If I had, I would have answered the multitude of accusations! I was allowed Five hundred words to present my side of the issue! Matthew used what is referred to as scatter gun tactics. The facts as they now stand are Matthew has his coin and I am out the money! Well that is the way it appears to me!

Thanks Joe
  • Options

<< <i>It has been asked of me by a friend to post in a civil manner on this thread! >>

That's nice. It doesn't change the fact that you are a seller of overgraded cleaned junk. But, it's nice.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Russ,
    Is there a reason you believe that Poe58 cleans his coins? I haven't been around that long and his eBay feedback only has 1 negative. Have you bought from him and been burned? I would just like to know the history that has caused such bitterness.
    ANA#R216999
    WINS#482
    EAC#5255
    CONECA#N-3902
    Coin Community Forum
  • Options

<< <i>Russ,
    Is there a reason you believe that Poe58 cleans his coins? >>

Have you looked at his auctions? The guy is a con artist. And, if you think feedback means anything - it doesn't. Too many bidders either don't know enough to recognize garbage when they see it, or fear retaliation for posting the truth. The feedback system is useless.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Susanlynn9 -- I can tell you first hand, authoritatively, that Poe58 has sold at least one cleaned AU coin, misrepresented as BU ("at least MS60," and later on in email "MS62"), because I personally made the mistake of buying it. When I sent it to ANACS, they concurred that is is AU details, cleaned, net EF45. Actually, I think they were a bit lenient as far as the net grade goes. The reverse isn't all that bad (although not BU either), but the obverse is a mess. I would expect such a coin, honestly represented, to go for maybe VF30 money, although I wouldn't intentionally buy one at all. I have no idea whether or not Poe himself cleans his coins; this one at least seems like it has retoned somewhat since whatever was done to it. It probably happened some years ago. Anyhow, for the whole story from the beginning, see the thread -- still active right now 5+ weeks after it was born, with over 700 posts -- and read it from the beginning; then make up your own mind.

Anyway, this keeps getting more ridiculous. Poe now says he thought I was switching coins because

<< <i>I checked his recent auctions won and he had won three auctions with the same type of coin. >>

So I am wondering, what did he expect me to "swap" for his 1877(P) with-motto quarter: a 55-O half, a 56-O half, a 53 quarter with arrows & rays, or a 57-O no-motto quarter? Come on now!

mirabela
  • Options

<< <i>Russ,
    Is there a reason you believe that Poe58 cleans his coins? I haven't been around that long and his eBay feedback only has 1 negative. Have you bought from him and been burned? I would just like to know the history that has caused such bitterness. >>

Russ does not have any proof. Mirabela does though. His is the only transaction that supports that. None of mine were cleaned and I have purchased plenty. Under his new, <which Poe tells me was actually his original> policy from before he got burned with a swap early on, will absolutely prevent such a horrid transaction as mirabela's from occuring again.
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options
    So, if I'm understanding this correctly, Poe58 has made whatever changes were requested by the people here on the forum. In that case, why still all the bitterness? As far as I'm concerned, anyone can make a mistake - it's how the mistake is handled that indicates the character of the person. If changes have now been made, then the old complaints no longer apply - though Matt still has current transaction difficulty. Is there something else that I'm missing?
    ANA#R216999
    WINS#482
    EAC#5255
    CONECA#N-3902
    Coin Community Forum
  • Options
    What you are missing, susan, is that the seller misrepresented what he was selling and then refused to do the right thing and take it back. If you sold something to one of your customers, and they weren't happy with it when it arrived, would you take it back or tell them "too bad, once it leaves my hands it's yours"?
  • Options
    We always accept returns (there have only been 3 in over 1500 transactions). And I agree that not accepting a return on an item that was misrepresented is absolutely wrong. I just wanted to understand the scope and history of this whole situation. It seems that there is a lot more to the situation than meets the eye (although the current situation with Matt is definitely a problem that was handled badly by Poe58 - that much is obvious.) Thank you for explaining the situation.
    ANA#R216999
    WINS#482
    EAC#5255
    CONECA#N-3902
    Coin Community Forum
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So, if I'm understanding this correctly, Poe58 has made whatever changes were requested by the people here on the forum. In that case, why still all the bitterness? As far as I'm concerned, anyone can make a mistake - it's how the mistake is handled that indicates the character of the person. If changes have now been made, then the old complaints no longer apply - though Matt still has current transaction difficulty. Is there something else that I'm missing? >>

Susan -- PM sent. I tried to give you the Cliffs notes version of what has gone on in 700+ posts. image
  • Options
    WOW! Please excuse me for trying to see both sides - there is only one side to this situation - Poe58 is absolutely wrong. Please forgive my mistake.
    ANA#R216999
    WINS#482
    EAC#5255
    CONECA#N-3902
    Coin Community Forum
  • Options
    Let me add to what Sliderider is saying Susan....

The thread is huge, but if you were to take the time to go through it you would get an understanding.
    Instead of trying to be civil and give his side, even when forum people were against him, he came out accusing, rude, and pigheaded.
    He didn't want to listen to what anyone else had to say/suggest/ask. He called up a fellow mason to come defend him instead of speaking up himself, in a civil tongue.

He has not "reformed" from that either. He is a mental midget who cannot get over things and think them through. Listen to his tirade about his changes "no one from this forum caused that", yet, it was already posted, before he posted that, that the changes were due to a question asked, through ebay's system, by a forum member. If he would have known it was a forum member, it would be likely he would have ignored it.

He is the type that must be right no matter what. Even when he is wrong.
    That is the problem people here, including myself, seem to have with him. A lot of people have been wrong before, and apoligized, admitted it, or just dropped it and moved on. He is mentally blocked from it.

People here have commented on his policies and his attitudes and how he responds to people. He then lashes back without substance. He cannot see past his own stubbornness. He took his little "a friend asked me to be civil in a post" and pasted that in multiple threads. He has no concept of how to play nice with others who work well in a civilized society.

You can defend him if you wish....he needs it. Maybe you do it from niceness or from being a seller yourself and, obviously not having read his diatribes in the other thread, you wouldn't know the background. However, unless, and until, he is man enough to own up to his mistakes and apoligize to people, I will not let a friend buy from him. He is a lost person due to his own problems that he vents out against others.

He still thinks he was a victim of an orchestrated attack rather than just own up to a poor coin sale and poor sales wording on his part. (and really poor return policy and wordings.....which, if you read what it was, you would understand a lot of the problems people have with him). He cannot understand the coin/amount he is complaining about just isn't worth it to most people. He shot his own foot off by how he came on here accusing and all "holier than jesus" type of attitude.

• Options

<< <i>Instead of trying to be civil and give his side, even when forum people were against him, he came out accusing, rude, and pigheaded. >>

And had the unmitigated gall to call Matt, whom he had attempted to rip off, a thief and a liar.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file