Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Forum Software

Hello everyone,

Over the last few months, Collectors Universe has been diligently working on updating the forum software behind the scenes in the hopes of transferring over to a newer version before the end of the year.

With all this work now finished, it’s now our pleasure to say that this new and improved version will launch on Saturday, October 17. The process will take several hours, so please be advised that the forums will be down between 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. PST.

The site will look a little different and may take some getting used to at first, but in general, the features available now will still be available in the new version. In addition, all of your current account info and post history (including PMs) will be transferred over to the new software. Essentially, everything is just being moved over to the new layout.

If you experience any issues, please email: webmaster@collectors.com

Thank you,
Forum Admin Team

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

Comments

• Options

Are we limited to only 50 messages total?

That seems very very limited. I have one thread with a friend that is easily in the low hundreds.

Also it would be of great benefit for people who are making deals and need to be able to keep track and records of what is going on.

I think it would be of great benefit to the members if that message limit could be expanded.

Thanks

arex

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Originally posted by: arex Are we limited to only 50 messages total? That seems very very limited. I have one thread with a friend that is easily in the low hundreds. Also it would be of great benefit for people who are making deals and need to be able to keep track and records of what is going on. I think it would be of great benefit to the members if that message limit could be expanded. Thanks arex

Agreed. 50 is rediculously low.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Also. The pop up when i hit quote sucks. I want to see more than the post I quoted. Also, the pop up needs to disappear automatically.

Commissions

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or are the PMs wonky? It doesn't seem like I can read the back and forth conversation anymore? Or am I missing something?
  • Options

Originally posted by: arex Are we limited to only 50 messages total?

Not sure what you're asking? Does this have to do with PMs? I was looking at the history with one guy and it was 7 pages long. Or are you talking about something else?

• Options

Originally posted by: alifaxwa2 Also. The pop up when i hit quote sucks. I want to see more than the post I quoted. Also, the pop up needs to disappear automatically.

The quote popup that generated when I quoted Arex disappeared automatically for me.

edit: it disappeared this time, too.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Arex ... Are you talking about PMs? Looks like it's limited to 50 THOUSAND.

Here is what I see on my PM page:

You have a total of 24502 message(s) in your private history. Limit: 50000 Msg(s)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    That's weird, Doug. I noticed a few minutes ago that mine was limited to 10K. When I saw you mention the 50K number, I went back and checked - mine shows 50K now, too.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got me some learnin' to do.

When I pressed the emoticons - there weren't any there to pick from?

Mike
  • Options

* no emoticons

* what happened to the ability to preview a post before making it permanent?

• Options

Originally posted by: TNP777 That's weird, Doug. I noticed a few minutes ago that mine was limited to 10K. When I saw you mention the 50K number, I went back and checked - mine shows 50K now, too.

HAHA. Same thing happened to me at first. Then it changed to 50K.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

Originally posted by: TNP777 * no emoticons * what happened to the ability to preview a post before making it permanent?

I always found that the "preview" was my friend Geordie.

Sometimes, I realize while previewing that what I said could be desperately misunderstood to put it mildly.

Mike
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was initially limited to just 50 PMs, then raised to 10,000, and now 50,000. Whew! LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Im trying to unview other forums from the profile/personal options editor but its not saving/updating.. so I still see the coins, stamps and autograph forums..

• Options

Originally posted by: skrezyna23 Im trying to unview other forums from the profile editor but its not saving.. so I still see the coins, stamps and autograph forums..

I didn't have any problem with that particular issue.

Maybe some of the things we're used to are slowly being rolled out. PMs started out at 50, then 10K, then 50K. I think we'll probably just need to be patient.

• Options

Just edited this post. Items that were not working 30 minutes ago are now working. I guess we will have to wait another day or so for the bugs to be worked out.

Hopefully this old guy will be able to catch on to the changes. At 57 I prefer to keep things the way they are on my PC.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭
    Don't really have much to add yet. Still learning.

I did have to reset my personal preferences, most notably

viewing messages in descending order, which I'm happy is

still an option.

I'm getting to the age where any kind of change is problematic.

John

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options

Originally posted by: Stone193
    Originally posted by: TNP777 * no emoticons * what happened to the ability to preview a post before making it permanent?
    I always found that the "preview" was my friend Geordie. Sometimes, I realize while previewing that what I said could be desperately misunderstood to put it mildly.

No question, Mike. Especially when you've typed out several paragraphs or included a lot of pics - it's nice to see how things will read or present when it's made live.

My guess is that this is something that will be added. I'm sure the new software allows for this - probably a check box somewhere that can be 'checked'.

• Options

The times on the posts are wrong! The time posted is the correct time in Barcelona and Spain!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Custom titles are gone for some. Not sure anyone particularly cares about that, but thought I'd point it out.
  • Options

Originally posted by: Dboneesq The times on the posts are wrong!

Mine, too. Does anyone know how to correct that?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Unless I'm misunderstanding, which given my grief over the Dodgers losing to the Metropolitans is entirely possible, shouldn't the little blue arrows take you to the last unread post? If that's what's supposed to happen, it isn't.

• Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice look and feel so far. I am sure there may be a few unexpected bugs to work through but overall so far it's a nice evolution.

Thumbs up!

Dave
  • Options
    Just noticed something kinda cool. When you shrink your browser window, any images in the threads shrink to the window size so that they're still viewable.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Originally posted by: Dboneesq The times on the posts are wrong! The time posted is the correct time in Barcelona and Spain!

Doug, if I am correct you are in new york, yes??

Go into your profile: your time zone should be eastern and the time zone adjust should be -5. I am in boston, those are the settings on mine and it shows the correct times for posts.

In the meantime, why isn't my avatar showing?? Is there something I need to do on my end??

• Options

Thanks Mike. Time Zone was set to Eastern, but adjustment was "0". I changed it like you suggested. Let's see if it works.

Edited to add: Yup, all posts now have the correct time.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

Originally posted by: Dboneesq Thanks Mike. Time Zone was set to Eastern, but adjustment was "0". I changed it like you suggested. Let's see if it works. Edited to add: Yup, all posts now have the correct time.

+1

Thanks, David!

• Options
    Count me in for a thanks, David. I had to set mine to -8 to get it to properly show Left Coast time.
  • Options

Originally posted by: TNP777
    Originally posted by: alifaxwa2 Also. The pop up when i hit quote sucks. I want to see more than the post I quoted. Also, the pop up needs to disappear automatically.
    The quote popup that generated when I quoted Arex disappeared automatically for me. edit: it disappeared this time, too.

i am on my phone. Maybe that's why.

Commissions

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Im receiving emails (from forums I don't follow) that I never received before this update. How can I turn this off?
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

You're welcome guys (you too Tim lol)--now can someone please tell me how to resurrect my avatar?!?!

• Options

edit: never mind - seems to be working now

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    The only thing good about this for me is the avatars are larger lol.
  • Options

Originally posted by: mikelowell25 You're welcome guys (you too Tim lol)--now can someone please tell me how to resurrect my avatar?!?!

David, go to your profile and look near the bottom of the page under author icon~if the link is not there, you may have to re-upload it again from your computer.

• Options
    Has anyone figured out how to easily post links? The only way I can figure out how to do it is to paste the URL in the message body, then highlight it. Then, and only then, will the link icon light up. Then you are asked to choose from a bunch of options, one of which is "Title". However, the title didn't show up for me when I tested it.
  • Options

Originally posted by: grote15
    Originally posted by: Dboneesq The times on the posts are wrong!
    Mine, too. Does anyone know how to correct that?

Just go to your profile and put the right stuff in there - mine didn't have the US or anything on it.

Mike
  • Options

Originally posted by: TNP777 Custom titles are gone for some. Not sure anyone particularly cares about that, but thought I'd point it out.

If you're talking about "choose your own title" Geordie?

Mine's gone - and I just recently picked it.

Mike
  • Options

I changed all my "time" stuff but it's still incorrect.

I'm sure they'll fix all this.

I like the change after over a decade here - feels new.

Mike
  • Options

Mike, I had to change the setting in the Time Zone Adjust setting to -8. If you're on Central Time, change your TZA to -6 and save. That should do the trick.

• Options

Originally posted by: TNP777 Mike, I had to change the setting in the Time Zone Adjust setting to -8. If you're on Central Time, change your TZA to -6 and save. That should do the trick.

That's better Geordie.

What's weird? In my profile - the globe icon I have in my sig line shows in the profile but it's no showing on our forum.

Mike
  • Options

Originally posted by: TNP777 Has anyone figured out how to easily post links? The only way I can figure out how to do it is to paste the URL in the message body, then highlight it. Then, and only then, will the link icon light up. Then you are asked to choose from a bunch of options, one of which is "Title". However, the title didn't show up for me when I tested it.

I too would be interested in knowing how to post links.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened with the pictures that were in the threads? I don't see any.

James
  • Options

Originally posted by: Stone193
    Originally posted by: TNP777 Mike, I had to change the setting in the Time Zone Adjust setting to -8. If you're on Central Time, change your TZA to -6 and save. That should do the trick.
    That's better Geordie. What's weird? In my profile - the globe icon I have in my sig line shows in the profile but it's no showing on our forum.

I had the same exact problem. I ended updating the link using tinypic.com.

edit: go to your profile and replace your globe pic URL with this: http://i57.tinypic.com/jh96ps.gif (add the IMG tags around the link)

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find the default font size to be too small.

• Options
    Tabe, at the top right of the screen there are a couple of icons to resize the text on the screen.
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

This!need a preview. Harder to link stuff. Message text? nothing better to do so let's change up the site!
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Trying to search for a set in the PSA Set Registry forum...no go.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    PhilGPhilG Posts: 237 ✭✭

Originally posted by: TNP777 Has anyone figured out how to easily post links? The only way I can figure out how to do it is to paste the URL in the message body, then highlight it. Then, and only then, will the link icon light up. Then you are asked to choose from a bunch of options, one of which is "Title". However, the title didn't show up for me when I tested it.

Forget the link pop up. You must manually edit the URL.

L=myurl]http://www.me.com[/L edit the myurl to be the title and the www.me.com to be the url. Note I deleted the right and left brackets for the example. Leave them in.

Phil

The testing forum is your friend

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

testing..fixing the time stamp is EZ

..trying again....all working well...thanks.

everyone stay off my lawn.. image

...the "last unread" doesnt seem to be highlighted, in order know where i left off.

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Can't stand the 'new look' but I hate changes anyway, especially when they're not needed.
This discussion has been closed.