Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Please be careful in your dealings with bobbyw8469

It's no secret that that I haven't liked this guy since he got here, but it seems that now I have more than just a bad first impression to go on.

Recently bobbyw8469 started a self righteous whining thread about a 1955 Bowman Mays that he sold raw, and when the buyer sent it to PSA, it came back evidence of trimming. He was questioned by Guy in that thread as to whether or not he had subbed that card to PSA first himself, got an EOT and then tried selling a card raw that he knew was trimmed, and he said he did not.

Unfortunately for bobbyw8469 this thread shows he DID sub it to PSA.

This makes you a LIAR AND A SCAMMER in my book bobby, and I hope everyone here now sees you for that.

I cant take credit for this detective work, as someone I dont even know PMed it to me from a screen name with no posts on CBT, but I do take pleasure in being the one to deliver it here for all to see.

Now please leave and don't show your scamming face around here anymore.

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have screen captures from both threads in case bobby goes on an editing adventure.
  • Options
    Bobby and I have 11 PMs about negotiations for some 88 fleer basketball wax boxes. He goes on and on about what an "honest seller" he is and how he does unto others as he would want done to him. If I publicly posted these PMs, you would throw up!

Bobby has taken opportunities to bash me publicly here. Looks like Bobby may just be another blowhard scumbag looking to make a fast buck.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I am nothing but honest and straightforward....you can ask anyone I have dealt with......you go jump in a lake.
  • Options
    Hmmmm image
  • Options

<< <i>Bobby and I have 11 PMs about negotiations for some 88 fleer basketball wax boxes. He goes on and on about what an "honest seller" he is and how he does unto others as he would want done to him. If I publicly posted these PMs, you would throw up! >>

Gecko....you are so full of it.....I can't believe you are even chiming in!!! Unbelievable.....

I tell you what....ask MBMiller what a scumbag scammer I am......
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent weekend potential...
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Way to take the high road Nick!!!

Start a thread just to call someone a douche?

Generally the one who starts these type of threads are the ones that end ups looking foolish.

collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options

<< <i>Excellent weekend potential... >>

No weekend potential. Replies are welcomed, but not necessary. Just outing a scammer for the community here to see.
  • Options
    May I choose sides?
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    Where is popcorn girl when we need her?
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    There really is no need for sides or popcorn. The guy lied to everyone here, dealt underhandedly, and is getting called for it. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options
    My first dealings with Nam was when someone cracked out cards I sold him and sent me back empty slabs. I came on the boards soliciting advice. Nam accused me of being a scam artist when I was the victim. He has been a douche then and nothing has changed......
  • Options

<< <i>My first dealings with Nam was when someone cracked out cards I sold him and sent me back empty slabs. I came on the boards soliciting advice. Nam accused me of being a scam artist when I was the victim. He has been a douche then and nothing has changed...... >>

Did you submit the '55 Bowman Mays or not? Just answer this question honestly. Be honest for once.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know either one of you but I think it is somewhat interesting that Bobby has not addressed the accusation that started this thread. But on the other hand, I don't think it's fair to call someone a "liar and a scammer" based on just one single situation either. Stay tuned! I'm sure this one is just getting started.

PS.....Hi Bill and Steve! image
  • Options

<< <i>
    Did you submit the '55 Bowman Mays or not? Just answer this question honestly. Be honest for once. >>

This question needs to be answered. If you did submit it and it came back EOT and then tried to pawn it off a few months later you are a scumbag and the relationship between you and other members of this board has nothing to do with the story.

• Options
    even though Nam assures us that popcorn isn't needed... it is fun to eat...

Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    YES!!! I never had the balls to post that pic... thanks! image

EDIT: dang it... fun while it lasted! lol
  • Options

• Options
    That about sums it up.....Bobby is in fact a liar.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Everybody's workin' for the weekend,
    Everybody needs a second chance,
    Everybody's going off the deep end,
    Everybody needs a new romance, OHHHHH......

You want a piece of my card?........
    You better start from the start.......
    You wanna be in the show?
    C'mon Bobby let's go!

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    wow. gawd forbid i get caught eating a radish after telling you guys it's a lima bean.
  • Options
  • Options
    Its not by the mistakes we make as to how our character is most often judged, but rather by how we react/recover/learn from those mistakes.

If Bobby has been involved in this deception, this would be the time for him to come forward to apologize.

The following few hours in this thread will be the true litmus test of Bobby's character and integrity.
  • Options

<< <i>wow. gawd forbid i get caught eating a radish after telling you guys it's a lima bean. >>

That's a little flippant for what actually happened.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>wow. gawd forbid i get caught eating a radish after telling you guys it's a lima bean. >>

That's a little flippant for what actually happened. >>

Perhaps integrity doesnt mean as much to itzagoner as it does to most of us Nick.
  • Options
    Gecko, why are you still deflecting the initial accusation?
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's a little flippant for what actually happened. >>

Perhaps integrity doesnt mean as much to itzagoner as it does to most of us Nick. >>

Was that a joke?
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    How many times was the Mays submitted?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>Perhaps integrity doesnt mean as much to itzagoner as it does to most of us Nick. >>

I know integrity means alot to Jeff (itzagoner) as he has tons of it himself, I just think he is tired of call out threads. My apologies to him, but I felt this one was important.

Edited to only use one quote.
  • Options

<< <i>Gecko, why are you still deflecting the initial accusation? >>

The "initial accusation" was that Bobby is selling cards that he knows to be trimmed.

Please explain to me how im "deflecting" that accusation. I dont think im quite as smart as you. Maybe you could help me understand.
  • Options
    not tired, Nick. not at all. and integrity means a lot to me, ask anyone who has dealt with me over the recent years....i ain't in this just for the money.

my prior post is just another reflection of the perceptions which get tossed around here and result in the full-scale wars we've been witnessing lately.....not that it's a bad thing, but at some point we're gonna have to take the high road and assume that if we screw this hobby up, there ain't gonna be anyone around to fix it when we're through.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Perhaps integrity doesnt mean as much to itzagoner as it does to most of us Nick. >>

I know integrity means alot to Jeff (itzagoner) as he has tons of it himself, I just think he is tired of call out threads. My apologies to him, but I felt this one was important.

Edited to only use one quote. >>

Well his remark insinuates that it is not important to out a dishonest forum member who actively sells items here and on ebay. I think it is VERY important to do so, and I for one thank you for bringing this to our attention. image
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    lol @ drama threads that I'm not involved in. image
  • Options

<< <i>lol @ drama threads that I'm not involved in. image >>

• Options
    welcome back Tommy. missed you. image
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Tommy's back. I'm tearing up, this is.........emotional..........for me.............I'm all verklempt...........image
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    Whats the over/under for posts to this thread?
    PackManInNC
  • Options

<< <i>

The "initial accusation" was that Bobby is selling cards that he knows to be trimmed.

Please explain to me how im "deflecting" that accusation. I dont think im quite as smart as you. Maybe you could help me understand. >>

SORRY GECKO.....I meant BOBBY!!! I must get you 2 confused sometimes! image My apology. It should have said:

BOBBY, WHY ARE YOU DEFLECTING THE INITIAL ACCUSATION?
  • Options

<< <i>Tommy's back. I'm tearing up, this is.........emotional..........for me.............I'm all verklempt...........image >>

Verklempt - choked with emotion (German verklemmt = emotionally inhibited in a convulsive way)

Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options

<< <i>Whats the over/under for posts to this thread? >>

All depends on whether Bobby cowers in a corner or mans up to his mistake.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Please explain to me how im "deflecting" that accusation. I dont think im quite as smart as you. Maybe you could help me understand. >>

SORRY GECKO.....I meant BOBBY!!! I must get you 2 confused sometimes! image My apology. It should have said:

BOBBY, WHY ARE YOU DEFLECTING THE INITIAL ACCUSATION? >>

Thats fine, although i'd rather not be confused with someone who knowingly deceives others. image
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

All depends on whether Bobby cowers in a corner or mans up to his mistake. >>

someone should send an email to his boss.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Tommy's back. I'm tearing up, this is.........emotional..........for me.............I'm all verklempt...........image >>

Verklempt - choked with emotion (German verklemmt = emotionally inhibited in a convulsive way) >>

Verklempt
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

someone should send an email to his boss. >>

SNAP!
  • Options
    bobbyw8469 has posted three times to this thread, and has yet to deny that the accusation is true. One would think that his two possible courses of action are to 1) come clean and admit to knowingly selling a trimmed card without disclosure, or 2) state that the accusation is not true, and explain why.

If the accusation is true, course #1 would be very refreshing. Not sure I've ever seen it happen though.

'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

someone should send an email to his boss. >>

No response so far = your point is valid.

3 responses from him so far = your point MAY be valid.

By the way, whats it gonna cost me to swap my stock 2.73 rear end to a 3.42 on my C6? And is the difference going to be worth the outlay?
  • Options
    I remember this one time when I stole $30 from Gecko.
  • Options

<< <i>I remember this one time when I stole $30 from Gecko. >>

Then subbed the card instead of destroying it immediately as agreed to. Thereby effectively using my $30 donation to charity as a hedge or insurance policy on a card that you were told was a fake anyway. Excellent manuver Bill. You have alot of integrity! image
  • Options

<< <i>Excellent manuver Bill. You have alot of integrity! >>

I know. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.