Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone see or hear from sfmays24 lately?

I was hoping he was going to tell his side of the story about some of the claims made against him in the thread he started about collecting with his family. It seems like he hasn't posted much (or at all) since. It would have been nice to hear both sides.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he just wants to avoid all the drama
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    He posted on a thread sept 6th at least.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    i sent him a pm almost two weeks ago complimenting him on his kids and asking him about his 59 fleer ted williams wrapper and havent heard back from him.....
  • Options
    How about the 4 (maybe more) forum users he filed a Paypal claim against stating he never received his cards even though each of the 4 had proof of delivery? How about the $500 set he bought on another forum and did the same thing?
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I think this one gets ugly, too bad, I thought he was a good guy.

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>How about the 4 (maybe more) forum users he filed a Paypal claim against stating he never received his cards even though each of the 4 had proof of delivery? How about the $500 set he bought on another forum and did the same thing? >>

Ouch..... Now that is messed up. How did they get claims filed with the proof of delivery? My guess is they thought he was a good guy and then he pulled a fast one?

I am a member of about 5 different boards, and hate when someone takes advantage of someone else.

Drives me crazy.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Actually the 500.00 set was never bought, it was sent on approval and somehow never made it to the recipient.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    What does "sent on approval" mean?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    WOW

NAM812

LSUTIGERS

CDNUTZ.....

all going against poor mayz and his family....

coicindence? i think not

this (trio) can scare away the Pope from a Mass.....
  • Options
    Is this the moron who used his "boys" as a prop to get free cards? That don't go down well in the barrio, bros.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it means receive the cards, look them over, then either send the cash or the cards back, that may not be a good idea for the seller. It may be ok if you have a relationship with the buyer and are confident in his/her integrity.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

I am suddenly craving chicken fajitas for lunch.
  • Options

You are kidding right?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    WOW

NAM812

LSUTIGERS

CDNUTZ.....

coicindence? i think not

Really Fandango? WOW! There appeared to be pretty good evidence that Mays is a crook. If this thread were about Albert Pujols rookie cards your input would be appreciated. However, in this thread you are off base and apparently just trying to start a rift with the above named guys... and then you will go and say how everybody teams up on you. What a troll... and a tool!

Back to the POINT of the thread, I too am curious? I assume Mays will just go away due to all the evidence. I hope he doesn't even come back with an alt.
  • Options
    Did CDnutz even post in this thread?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>........this (trio) can scare away the Pope from a Mass..... >>

But not a dope from a message board. Go figure.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW

NAM812

LSUTIGERS

CDNUTZ.....

coicindence? i think not

Really Fandango? WOW! There appeared to be pretty good evidence that Mays is a crook. If this thread were about Albert Pujols rookie cards your input would be appreciated. However, in this thread you are off base and apparently just trying to start a rift with the above named guys... and then you will go and say how everybody teams up on you. What a troll... and a tool!

Back to the POINT of the thread, I too am curious? I assume Mays will just go away due to all the evidence. I hope he doesn't even come back with an alt. >>

Be careful John image as Fandango will send you one of his Buzz Lightyear style "Death Bams " via Pm.

The last few PM's he has sent me , caused a nervous reaction as my leg began to shake subconciously , and my boot fell off.

You know the other day , I was listening to the AM devise in my vehicle , and a Peta Rep stated , with their rant against McDonalds , that a chicken was as smart as a dog. The world has many "intelligent " people out there.

My conclusion , is the same that is stated on "despair.com=== check it out , --- " Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up ".

They have another poster there on that website "despair.com" that may be a tad closer to the truth in this regard--- " It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others ."

Deep thoughts here, sorry.---- Sonny

P.S.--- Remember watchout for his Buzz lightyear style death-bams . Your boots may fall off.

" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Goose image
  • Options

<< <i>Actually the 500.00 set was never bought, it was sent on approval and somehow never made it to the recipient. >>

My bad. End result was still the same. He claimed he never received it even though proof of delivery was provided.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Actually the 500.00 set was never bought, it was sent on approval and somehow never made it to the recipient. >>

My bad. End result was still the same. He claimed he never received it even though proof of delivery was provided. >>

The net result was still achieved , Free or near free cards , "For the children ".

He really seemed like a legit member , even though most of his posts centered on some form of subsidy card collecting . If this is some type of gig , I hope its up.

It would be great , if all could be made right here , but it doesn't look good.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill , I wish that had not happened to you. REALLY.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>What does "sent on approval" mean?

You are kidding right?

Steve >>

No...

never did it before...if Brick is right? Is it common practice for the $ amount?

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Swartzie

No the dollar amount in that transaction was too much by my standards but not for the sender.

Some coin guys will send a coin worth 1000's to a customer. If the customer likes it he pays, if he does not he simply returns it.

Of course the buyer either has outstanding refs or has done business with the seller before.

In the case we are discussing the seller is a great guy who sends out stuff for free if you need it and in this case trusted the buyer.

IMO the buyer had too many lost in the mails for my liking.

In 7 years of ebay selling I had 0ne item lost that I sent, and one that I bought.

I also sent someone a freebie that got lost.

In the past 10 years Ive had one situation where my bills got lost. The PO sent me a letter informing me.

It just does not happen that often.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>WOW

NAM812

LSUTIGERS

CDNUTZ.....

coicindence? i think not

Back to the POINT of the thread, I too am curious? I assume Mays will just go away due to all the evidence. I hope he doesn't even come back with an alt. >>

Be careful John image as Fandango will send you one of his Buzz Lightyear style "Death Bams " via Pm.

The last few PM's he has sent me , caused a nervous reaction as my leg began to shake subconciously , and my boot fell off.

You know the other day , I was listening to the AM devise in my vehicle , and a Peta Rep stated , with their rant against McDonalds , that a chicken was as smart as a dog. The world has many "intelligent " people out there.

My conclusion , is the same that is stated on "despair.com=== check it out , --- " Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up ".

They have another poster there on that website "despair.com" that may be a tad closer to the truth in this regard--- " It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others ."

Deep thoughts here, sorry.---- Sonny

P.S.--- Remember watchout for his Buzz lightyear style death-bams . Your boots may fall off. >>

Ah yes, the Buzz lightyear style death-bams I got a few of those from him myself, to be quite honest I'm still recovering.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    The silence is deafening. Sad.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    another shocking twist.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I think this one gets ugly, too bad, I thought he was a good guy. >>

Agree!!!! If he was a "fake" the entire time ... man, was a Sc*mBag!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    for what it is worth.. I have sent him freebie's and I also traded with him once with no issue..

seems like an ok guy.. can't speak about the other allegations.. none of my business
  • Options
    Steve...

thanks for the info...

I learned something new today...

swartz

- uncut

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>for what it is worth.. I have sent him freebie's and I also traded with him once with no issue..

seems like an ok guy.. can't speak about the other allegations.. none of my business >>

Well I can tell you I boxed up about 400 2001 and 2002 Topps Heritage baseball cards and sent them to SFMays so he and his boys could start this set. Some sp's, some minor stars...basically one of everything I had a double of. He claimed they were never received and I felt terrible that they never arrived even though I had information to prove the opposite. I just chalked it up to the post office screwing up and had intended to send him more as soon as I uncover where I put my heritage cards. Dont think I will be doing that anytime soon. If he did indeed receive these cards I am pretty upset that he said they never arrived. I am not sure why he would lie though. Although in conversations with Bill, looks like I am not the only one singing this song!!

I did save all my pm's with him in case I needed to refer back to them for any reason. Glad I did!!
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    It seems that in this thread sfmays24 is claiming he didnt receive a package from a board member that he paid $50 for (although it showed as delivered), and then goes on to say that because of it his kids are being cheated out of a Christmas present.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I've had over 4000 ebay transactions and just ONCE did my item not arrive @ destination (a 77 Steve Carlton)
    And even then, I think the buyer was blowing smoke up my a**
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I agree... "signature confirmation etc. + insurance" ...is a must!

I did not receive a package from a fellow board member that was sent with delivery confirmation... it apparently was delivered to the wrong address (I'm out over $50) and my kids cheated out of a Christmas present. Delivery confirmation shows it was delivered to a city, not an address... no proof of delivery to us, as I observed it was not on the day it indicates.

PM if you want more details before shipping.

Mike

Thanks for the link Nam. You know this kind of repeat behavior can only mean one thing... it must mean he has an awful postman in his neighborhood! image Just kidding. If that was the case I am sure Mays would have come on here to talk about how bad the postman is in his neighborhood but he has not come on to defend himself. I wonder why.
  • Options
    And he is online right now too......

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...it must mean he has an awful postman in his neighborhood!..."

///////////////////

Yup.

And/Or some serial mail thieves in the neighborhood.

Each day, folks go to jail on circumstantial evidence.
    I never have liked that part of the system.

I am missing the motive for lying about receipt when
    the items are either "free," OR when there is "proof"
    of delivery.

I don't see how such lies would advance a scam.

I dunno.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Storm one item was valued at 500.00 another was a 25.00 deal.

The free items all seemed to have gotten to the addressee.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    I know alot has been written about Mike and his sons recently, and I am sorry that several board members have had troubles.

However, in the interest of fairness I feel I should let members that my one and only transaction with Mike went well. He bought a Bob Knepper bat off me and while it took a bit longer to arrive than we would both have liked he paid quickly, was a polite and intelligent communicator and let me know when he finally received it.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    You would think that the guy would want to say something on his own behalf.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Nick

Just to be clear I am in no way trying to defend him (I don't know enough about what transpired with others to do that). Just saying that my transaction went fine. He seemed like a nice guy too.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options

<< <i>The silence is deafening. Sad. >>

• Options
    "Please send me some 74-82 Topps for my boys"

• Options
    Anyone have any high graded 1952 Topps they could send for me and my kitten?

We need to start bonding more as the little guy gets older, and he already loves cards.

Thanks,

Hans
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

LMAO.....

You're not ENTITLED to the money i earn!!!!
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    He was a crook. Although it was a small amount of money 25.00, I paid for a SMR and some low grade 78's Murray and Molitor. He didnt insure the package so I filed a Paypal claim and won but he closed his account and didnt pay me. It seems he uses the Post Office excuse as his way out.

Kirk
  • Options
    He PMd me after seeing some '74 cards I posted on raw card Saturday and had a short list he needed. I had extras and gave them to him. He and "his kids" thanked me by PM and a post that thanked others as well. He seemed OK and I guess I was sold on his kids being involved in the hobby, but now I'm not so sure. Would also like to hear his response to all of this.
  • Options

<< <i>.........Would also like to hear his response to all of this. >>

That doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

He had a heck of a run from 2003 to now where he filled in lots of his sets (probably to sell on eBay). I'm sure no one kept track of his lists, so who knows how many sets "Mike and the boys" made in 6 years here.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, he's had a less than stellar reputation on another hobby board I frequent as well
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Maybe HOFautos can also tell us how that Koufax graded.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe HOFautos can also tell us how that Koufax graded.

Steve

image >>

I thought he returned the card for a refund.
  • Options

<< <i>FWIW, he's had a less than stellar reputation on another hobby board I frequent as well >>

Not for nothing but why is all this coming out after Bill outed him?If everyone spoke up earlier some people wouldn't have been taken by him.
This discussion has been closed.