Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone see or hear from sfmays24 lately?

2»

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    huh?

Didn't Bill 'out' him 2 weeks ago?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>huh?

Steve >>

Yeah, I think he means all the people coming forward now saying he ripped them off for this and that. If those people had said it back when it happened, some of it could have been avoided.
  • Options
    ahhh gotcha. actually no one wanted to diss a guy who was collecting with his 'boys'

Kirk mentioned his problem if I recall.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>huh?

Steve >>

Yeah, I think he means all the people coming forward now saying he ripped them off for this and that. If those people had said it back when it happened, some of it could have been avoided. >>

Exactly.Read the thread where Bill outed him and around page 3 people start saying he ripped them off too.If they had spoken up earlier some people would have been able to avoid him.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, I didnt out him due to the small amount of my lost. I will do better in the future.

Kirk
  • Options
    I didn't mean it as a shot to anyone in particular.I just can't believe how many people got burned that never said a word.
    Mike
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Just noticed this quite interesting thread; one thing I can add.....

I had an item (worth about $40) for sale on the BST about 2 months back. He PM'd me if I'd be interested in trading; I said I collected 1950s and older, so would be open to anything he could offer that met that criteria. He PM'd me back that he didn't have anything to meet my criteria, but his boys would like my item for their collection. And here's what he offered me in trade:

1979 Topps 23 Terry Forster EX, 201 Mike Edwards RB EX, (2) 202 Ron Guidry RB EX-MT & EX (along with a bunch of other cards of similar quality)

I politely declined, but man, if only that Forster had been EX-MT and not just EX!
  • Options
    Ironmanfan wrote:

<< <i>FWIW, he's had a less than stellar reputation on another hobby board I frequent as well >>

I would love to hear more about that, can you elaborate?
  • Options
    yeah me too, I'm bored...............

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just noticed this quite interesting thread; one thing I can add.....

I had an item (worth about $40) for sale on the BST about 2 months back. He PM'd me if I'd be interested in trading; I said I collected 1950s and older, so would be open to anything he could offer that met that criteria. He PM'd me back that he didn't have anything to meet my criteria, but his boys would like my item for their collection. And here's what he offered me in trade:

1979 Topps 23 Terry Forster EX, 201 Mike Edwards RB EX, (2) 202 Ron Guidry RB EX-MT & EX (along with a bunch of other cards of similar quality)

I politely declined, but man, if only that Forster had been EX-MT and not just EX! >>

That's hilarious! That's the kind of crap that makes some people want to steer clear of any "trade" negotiation environment.
  • Options
    well, i guess the ultimate slap in the face will be when the banner appears here on the site advertising the big "MikeAndTheBoys Super One-Day Auction" of rare 1970s Topps Baseball sets built completely from other people's stuff. image

image yeah. it's a joke.....why someone would work that hard to perpetuate a lie so he could own almost worthless mid-grade stuff is beyond me, but at this point i'm willing to believe just about anything.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Just noticed this quite interesting thread; one thing I can add.....

I politely declined, but man, if only that Forster had been EX-MT and not just EX!

That is really funny. You are selling a card for FORTY BUCKS and the guy offers a return trade worth ZERO!? That is hilarious. I would spend the 44 cents to mail those pieces of garbage. That's more interesting then all his "mail problems." I mean it shows some strange pathelogical issue. What a world we live in.
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Sure looks like our friend is trolling Net54 to see what other freebie crap people are willing to send his way....

(I think you have to be registered at Net54 to see their BST.)

Looking for Upper Deck handouts

Help Mike and boys!
  • Options
    Man I must be a sucker, I always have to pay for the stuff I want image
  • Options
    time to register at NEt54 and warn the herd.
  • Options

It really is starting to look like the guy is a shameless bum, and a lying theif. image

I wonder how many guys that rarely come here anymore also have stories???
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    So what is the chances that he changed his ID on the net54 boards???

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=115935

If this is not his ID the poster, who made his 1st post yesterday, certainly has made an unfortunate selection of a screen name.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options

<< <i>So what is the chances that he changed his ID on the net54 boards???

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=115935

If this is not his ID the poster, who made his 1st post yesterday, certainly has made an unfortunate selection of a screen name. >>

It is him. He made an identical thread looking for 1961 autographs as sfmays24 on the same Net54 BST a month or so ago. Isthis guy a clown thinking that making a new ID on Net54 like mays-24 would be a great disguise?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    It is him. He made an identical thread looking for 1961 autographs as sfmays24 on the same Net54 BST a month or so ago. Isthis guy a clown thinking that making a new ID on Net54 like mays-24 would be a great disguise?

I am sure his next alt will be more well thought out... "sfmccovey44... ya, that will fool those idiots at PSA!" image
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i just heard a rumor that summerof68 is gonna send him a bucket of ashes and tell him to enjoy his free 1967, '68 & '69 Topps sets. image
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    I have to say, for someone who started his own thread to defend himself against what were (at first) comical accusations in a BST thread, I'm surprised that he has not posted here to attempt to clear his name. I would understand if he felt like the verdict is already in based on the number of posts to his detriment, but at least come here and say that. At least say, "look, I'm an honest guy and I can't help if the decision has already been made about me." But someone said he's been to this board since this thread was started and has not posted. The silence is indeed deafening.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I feel like a sucker. Ive sent a few items, many for free.
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I hope nobody feels too bad about trying to do good. I remember awhile ago when Gumbyfan was collecting money to help out the family of a board member who was believed to have passed away. It was amazing to watch board members raise several thousand dollars to help out a perfect stranger in what ultimatly turned out to be a hoax. Luckily all the money was returned to the people who donated it as the scam was discovered before the check was sent. There are scumbags in the World but the collective good nature of this board is what makes it the best collecting community on the web. Your deeds were still good even if the recipient wasn't.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    Just a FYI.....Net54 has been alerted

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=115968

Edited to add I think they have a different name
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭✭
    He might be in Sweden. image
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    nah, if he were in Sweden the Red Wings would sign him and he wouldn't have to attain cards via swerve.
  • Options
    Nope..not in Sweden...He has responded......But on the Net54 boards. Thought everyone would like to read his response at the bottom of page 2

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=115968
  • Options
    For those that cant sign in to Net54, here is sfmays24's reply on Net54:

Hi Leon,

My name is Mike Ortega and my Net54Baseball name is sfmays24, I have read the message posted concerning me as well as more from the same PSA Forum members who seem to have nothing else to do but cause trouble (justmike & lsutigers1973).

First of all, the other member you mentioned mays-24 (Bob) is not me and has nothing to do with this mess (this is just another example of the reckless and baseless accusations by some of the PSA members).

I have been a member of N54 for a few years and have never had a problem with any members (buying, selling, or trading). I have also been a members of the PSA Forums for some 7 years or so and have never had any problems until a few weeks ago.

Here's a brief recap... I purchased a large '70's Baseball (Topps & 1977 OPC) starter set lot 3-4 years ago from a PSA member and decided to re-collect 1974-82 Topps Baseball sets with my two boys. These are raw mid-grade sets and I purchased, traded and received some free cards over the years on the PSA and N54 boards.

Well, a few weeks ago two members lead by the biggest loudmouth bully over there (Bill) lsutigers1973 started posting replies to my threads (and PM everyone) stating I didn't have any kids and it was all a scam to get free cards. Well, I do indeed have kids that I collect with and there was no scam. In fact most (80% of what I obtain was via trades or purchases) and I never had any transaction with lsutigers1973 because I was already aware what a hate monger he was, a person who enjoys spreading rumors and lies.

So, I decided to post a message showing my kids with our modest collection and that such lies are from cowards who hide behind their computer screens... that just lead Bill and his lynch mob to make new accusations... that I am using my kids to get free cards, that I never send cards I suppose to, that I receive cards and claim that they never arrived, ect... I gave up as I realized it was pointless to answer to these bullys, that they would make up new lies and try to influence some members who think it's okay to join in on the fun (stone throwing).

For the most part, I didn't care... but when I start reading the out and out lies and more outrageous accusation I decided to make an offer to all... that anyone is welcome to visit me and my family and view our collection and contact me if they have any gripe at all... well, no one did. However, Bill (lsutiger1973) seems to have nothing better to do than spread his hate. The moderator locked the thread, but Bill just got his friend to start a new one a few days ago and made more accusations... each time the story get "bigger."

The only real problem I had was one that occurred last year... I sent $25 plus a $25 cards for some cards we needed to another member. Cards never arrived and the USPS DC indicated the cards were delivered at 10am on a Saturday... well, I was home all day and mowing my lawn when my mail was delivered in the afternoon as always-no package ever arrived. I lost out on the cards, $25 and my $25 card... I never asked the sender for replacement cards or a refund (nor did he ever make such an offer).

However, this member decided to tell Bill about it and he has used this as an example over and over again, as well as stating that this happened many times. This is not true, but he and the other members are not interested in what happened... they prefer to entertain themselves by tossing stones and alike.

Currently on N54, I have a post offering 2009 UD Goudey cards for trade (I purchased a starter set from a PSA member)... I have a list of my wants and one with my dupes, anyone interested in trading may contact me and if they prefer I would be more than happy to send my part of any trade first.

I am no longer interested in the PSA Message Forum based on the child like behavior and those who are so easily swayed by rumor and lies... don't these folks have a mind of their own, why do they not asked for proof (not hearsay), why don't they contact me, do they think they are not going to be attacked in the future by the same group of bullys if they join in on the witch hunt?

I apologize that you had to take time for this and I will follow any suggestion you have, including not posting or using the N54 boards again.

Mike Ortega
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    FYI...I completed one trade with him w/o problems fwiw.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    seems rather strange that he would offer his rebuttal on a different site rather than addressing the charges directly in this forum. Not everyone here visits Net54. His credibility seems to be in tatters, yet he berates Bill on a different board.

• Options
    If you are so innocent, explain yourself here instead of running to the net54 board where most do not know your reputation. They know now.

BTW, I PM'ed no one. I simply threw out the facts and then received numerous PM's from forum users that were screwed by Mike (if that's his real name).

Mike has apperantly had more items lost in the mail in the last year than this entire forum combined. I can except one lost item. However, it only takes a very small amount of commons sense to know that this guy is a liar. At least 5 lost items in the last year? All with delivery confirmation? One insured for $500?

EDIT:

<< <i>His credibility seems to be in tatters, yet he berates Bill on a different board. >>

I replied on the net54 thread. Anxiously awaiting his reply.

EDIT AGAIN:

For those interested
    net54 thread
  • Options
    I guess he forgot the 500.00 deal that a friend of mine got screwed out of.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess he forgot the 500.00 deal that a friend of mine got screwed out of.

Steve >>

//////////////////////////////

No insurance?
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

I've made over 1500 transactions, and I can't even count the times I've had things lost in the mail... because there weren't any.

Well there was the one time when my toy train never arrived, but I don't believe it was sfsent. image
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    He's on Net54 stirring up more trades for mid-grade cards.
    And once again, begs the question - why doesn't he save himself this grief and just buy them?
    Ebay is full of great deals on cards of this grade. Wouldn't cost him much at all.
This discussion has been closed.