Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Huge!! PCGS CoinFacts Announcement

Coming soon ---- we will make an announcement that will rock your boat.

No - we are not going to give the service away.

Stay tuned for this Friday's announcement!!!

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FREE BEER WITH EVERY SUBMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>FREE BEER WITH EVERY SUBMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image >>

Nah, it's free SUBMISSIONS WITH EVERY BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

image >>

No, I think the beers are 2 dollars and the wings are free.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No "The Big One" giveaway if we guess it??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    You're going to make a collector submission portal similar to VAMWORLD to help exspand it?
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really exciting.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not another "big one"

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    No free beer and no giveaway.

All I can say is that if you are a PCGS CoinFacts subscriber you will be very, very happy!!

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything in it for the non-subscribers?...assuming you join after Friday or something along those lines...or is this something special for the current subscribers only if they are members prior to Friday?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I love the service. If I could have a wish, it would be more detailed information about specific issues, rather than the standby introduction and overview of the series as a whole. Other than that, I can't think of anything. (That's good, I guess.)
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekly "Hot Topics" video debates between HRH and Laura?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭

image >>

Virtual beer which leaves me virtually tipsy! (hic)
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Coming soon ---- we will make an announcement that will rock your boat.

This would rock my boat.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No free beer and no giveaway.

All I can say is that if you are a PCGS CoinFacts subscriber you will be very, very happy!! >>

Is this guaranteed?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    you mean I actually made a correct decision on the coin facts? that ties my old record for being correct at one
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Every coin has a pic
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Good thing Im now a member of itimage
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting worked up into a frothy frenzy of epic proportions! image
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, but I don't have a boatimage

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Great marketing ploy, huh?
    Paul
  • Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Is this guaranteed?

Of course not. We could mail everyone $100 bills and some would still complain. "Gee, my bill was folded...".

But I can tell you that I refer to this internally as "The greatest thing since sliced bread!".

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No free beer and no giveaway.

All I can say is that if you are a PCGS CoinFacts subscriber you will be very, very happy!! >>

Merlot?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great marketing ploy, huh? >>

Yeah, because a thread on there own hosted forum is one of the craziest marketing ideas ever!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anything in it for the non-subscribers?...assuming you join after Friday or something along those lines...or is this something special for the current subscribers only if they are members prior to Friday? >>

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don -- Can't wait to hear the news!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    JamesMJamesM Posts: 757
    I had been thinking of signing up for Coin Facts for some time, this put me over the edge.

I am now signed up.
    --- Mayer Numismatics --- Collectors Corner --- (888) 822 - COIN ---
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are some things that would make me happy, and I will merely offer them as suggestions:

1. Free TrueViews with all submissions.

2. Each CoinFacts subscriber gets to be a guest at HRH's Malibu beach house for a week.

3. Fantasy Grading Camp, where you spend a week at PCGS grading with the pros.

4. Name-your-own-grade on one coin per each submission.

• Options

<< <i>Is this guaranteed?

Of course not. We could mail everyone $100 bills and some would still complain. "Gee, my bill was folded...".

But I can tell you that I refer to this internally as "The greatest thing since sliced bread!". >>

You can send me one ripped in 100 pieces I'll gladly tape it all and cash it in I don't care image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A deal has been reached?

The things I don’t always agree with are always worth considering.

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh sure...just this morning I cancelled my CoinFacts membership thinking I'm not sure I get my money's worth out of it, as much as I enjoy it. And figured I coudl always sign up "a la carte" for a month here and there when I needed/wanted it.

Anxious to see what it is, as I totally love the product, but just wasn't referring to it often enough to make it worthwhile.
  • Options

They bought or either are merging with across the street or some other TPG

Did I win? Do I get lifetime free submissions? image
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    based on the title and context of his message, I am thinking the announcement is about Coinfacts and only Coinfacts.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

But I can tell you that I refer to this internally as "The greatest thing since sliced bread!". >>

sliced bread

should be good for all!image
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These are some things that would make me happy, and I will merely offer them as suggestions:

1. Free TrueViews with all submissions.

2. Each CoinFacts subscriber gets to be a guest at HRH's Malibu beach house for a week.

3. Fantasy Grading Camp, where you spend a week at PCGS grading with the pros.

4. Name-your-own-grade on one coin per each submission.

image >>

The more likely reality:

* CoinFacts site changed to make you not enter password every time

* CoinFacts site now updated in real-time w/Heritage and Stack's/Bowers auction feed

* CoinFacts now available in harcopy, PCGS and Heritage combine leverage over print companies

* CoinFacts adds audio, computer synthesizes HRH's voice and reads you the pop report - good for insomniacs

* CoinFacts comes out with mobile app

* CoinFacts changes name CornFats, announces line of peel and eat slabs

* CoinFacts offer free slabbing to bonafide contributors

* CoinFacts pulls in auction cataloguers notes automatically

These are all nice, but not quite on the order of the "big one." Gentlemen, get your yawns ready image
  • Options
    What if I'm not a coinfacts subscriber but I'm looking to be shortly. Will this have any impact on me? (Or, is this something that only applies to current subscribers?)
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What if I'm not a coinfacts subscriber but I'm looking to be shortly. Will this have any impact on me? (Or, is this something that only applies to current subscribers?) >>

No, you have to have been a subscriber as of July 1, 2011, to be eligible to stay at the Hall beach estate in Malibu. Sorry. image
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Seeing as how I just let my subscription lapse, I'll say... "it figures" image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great now I gotta buy a Boat before Friday image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Is there a prize for the first correct guesser?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    CertifiedGoldCoinsCertifiedGoldCoins Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are adding the details on the two 1 trillion dollar platinum coins.
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One other idea - CoinFacts will be expanded to electronically pull in fixed price sales results from select dealers.

Edited to add, CoinFacts will pull in content from ANS/ANA museum collections.
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it is that coinfacts is now DOWNLOADABLE and that one does not need to log online to check- but can update new things each day
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would seriously settle for just having all the pages finished!
    minus future discovered information/auction results etc.
    still are hundreds of pages with virtually no information for those that have not discovered them yet
    no complaints as there is already a plethora of information at our fingertips

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an app for that?

Access to smartphones/iPads/teblets etc?
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you send them a picture of your condition census coin, they will confirm receiving it and use it. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...if i'm understanding correctly we're going to get a free loaf of bread,..............sliced? image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use CF almost daily, I love it and have recommended it many times.

Can't wait for Friday..........I'm about to pee in my britches.....image
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I joined about a week ago and I must say, it has proved invaluable in

purchasing coins for my collection. It is well done and I was pleased to

see that a number of my toned coins, were plate coins in the Coinfacts.

An unexpected bonus.

Also with the economy where it is, a free loaf of bread, sliced, ain't all that

bad.image But seriously, any extras are icing on the cake.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file