Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

O-Pee-Chee Baseball In the News . Thank you Sports Collectors Daily!

Got a phone call last week and was asked about doing a interview on OPC baseball cards.

I was like finally someone else out there has noticed people want this stuff!!!

Thank you Sports Collectors Daily!

LINK
www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great article and nice plug for you, Tom! OPC is still very undervalued considering how difficult it is to find centered cards in NM-MT or better grade.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    NICE!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Nice article. Hope the exposure serves your business well.
    Steve
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome Tom. I've always been a fan of OPC's scarcity relative to Topps. Hopefully articles like this will help it get its due!
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Tom, that is a great article. You are passionate about OPC, and I am with everyone else here in saying that I hope this article makes your site gain even more success. Congratulations.
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got back into collecting in 2007, after a 15 year hiatus (sp). While not as connected to the OPC market as Tom, I have been purchasing quite a few of them. The article is definitely correct about the recent uptick in curiosity/interest about OPC cards. It's getting harder and harder to find nice examples of 1986 and prior cards.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Cool to see you get recognized, hope it helps promote your site and business.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom,

That's a terrific article about OPC cards. Thanks for the link.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    I have always liked OPC because of the superior card stock compared to Topps giving you cleaner looking card fronts. The only problem I ever found with OPC was many cards have frayed edges when the cards were cut.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.