Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

2016 ANA Anaheim PCGS Sample Australia Kangaroo Silver 1 oz. Gem BU - $50

The Glendale Coin Club and the Verdugo Hills Coin Club had 100 PCGS Samples made up for their joint meeting at the ANA World's Fair of Money earlier this month in Anaheim. As you may know, samples made up for clubs by PCGS are not very common, usually you see ICG and ANACS slabs for clubs. You also usually don't see 1 oz. silver coins in samples either!

These were sold at the show and some were given away as prizes at our joint meeting. They were sold for $50 each at the show. I have seen a few of them selling on eBay, and a few have sold for $80-$90 each already.

The 2016 Australia Silver Kangaroo was used because it's the first year they did a .9999 fine silver Kanagroo and at the time we submitted the coins (in late 2015), they were the only 2016-dated silver coin available for a reasonable price.

50 of these were made up to be distributed by each club (100 total). A 1/10 oz. gold Kangaroo sample was also made up for each club (2 total) and at least one will be auctioned off by me most likely following the Long Beach show.

As President of the Glendale Coin Club, I was able to get a few extras of the silver Kangaroo samples and I'm offering them here to forum members who may not have been able to come to the Anaheim show at the issue price of $50.

Let me know if you're interested.

...and here's a sneak peek of the gold sample we made... only 2 were made, one for each club:

Comments

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike - if there were more club members like you, the hobby would be booming! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    Any Chance of seeing a sneak peak of the GOLD???
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Lakesammman
    Mike - if there were more club members like you, the hobby would be booming! image

Thanks, I appreciate that image The clubs sure can be a lot of work sometimes, but so far it hasn't burnt me out image

Originally posted by: TheTIcaLPriZm
    Any Chance of seeing a sneak peak of the GOLD???

Sure! I added the pics to the first post image
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent!

Mike, I got the PM back as undeliverable? issues with email? Anyways PM me payment info on one of the clubs silver Roo's. if you have any left. thanks BruceS

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    Ill take one
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭