Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone having trouble with ebay??

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
Can't log in - never had that happen before. image
"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    steelieleesteelielee Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭
    me too, tried to get pw and said it didn't recognize id.

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I had no problem, even signed out and back in.
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    I can't log in either from my phone. Sucks for anyone who has auctions ending right now!

-Paul
  • Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>me too, tried to get pw and said it didn't recognize id. >>

Just happened to me, too.
    Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called Spouse-Lock™. Some of your wives have put you guys in the penalty box. image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We must not be alone they hung up on me because of high call volume on the phone.
    I was thinking I'd been hacked.
  • Options
    steelieleesteelielee Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭
    ahhh, we have our ways though.....

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.
  • Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's called Spouse-Lock™. Some of your wives have put you guys in the penalty box. image >>

They should have done this ages ago. Maybe I can win a few things or at least not have to pay so much. image

Ebay is working fine for me.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    They're having intermittent database issues.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    Same thing is happening to me and I had some cheapo auctions ending. I still got the auction ended emails but I can't log in to my account.
    GMan
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Whew, thought I had been hacked- was watching several items and went to my ebay and couldn't sign in- wrong password error. Glad I don't have anything ending real soon that I wanted to bid on.
  • Options
    This is a relief... I thought they had locked my account.
  • Options
    Good to have company - I was afraid to log into Paypal to see if that had been drained! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    me too.......................

They're having intermittent database issues.

Russ, thanks and please ignore my frantic pm.........image
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I can't log in either. I got thru to customer service rep and was told system wide problem, give them 2-3 hrs.
    Capecards
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Ya, actually just posted a topic on this.
    I'm logged in but it's not showing information for a seller that I need...but others show up...it's weird.
    Not sure if it's related to this problem or not.

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't log in, so thought I'd try getting a new password, but it doesn't even recognize my user ID at this point!
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, cannot log in either.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm logged in (been logged in since this early morning), but I can't delete anything out of my watchlist. Nothing showing up in my "Didn't win" area either...
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They're having intermittent database issues.

Russ, NCNE >>

I'm going to bet more specifically they're having problems with the format of the XML docs re: API, my mobile device was failing but I was able to see partial XML pieces where descriptions should be, like someone modified schema and they either didn't handle some backward compatibility app or didn't properly version documents. whatever. either way I'm sure they'll hammer it out soon enough.
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They're having intermittent database issues.

Russ, NCNE >>

I tried my password with no luck.

Then I tried my user ID and it was not recogized either.

Then the panic started to set in. I felt the anxiety kick in to a bad kinda level. image

"Calm down and check the Message Boards to see if anyone else is having these issues too"

WHEW!! image

Much better now... image

Yet another reason I like these boards image
  • Options
    No problems here.
  • Options
    Me too!
  • Options
    slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    Hmm this does not bode well for my 2 auctions ending tonight.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't log in either. I got thru to customer service rep and was told system wide problem, give them 2-3 hrs. >>

some auctions are also not available:

Sorry, this page is not available at this time

•Please refresh this page on your browser or try again later.

and feedback searches are also intermittently down:

Sorry, we encountered a problem. Please see the details below.
    The feature you are attempting to access is not responding.
    •Please wait a few minutes and try to access the feature again. If you have waited fifteen to thirty minutes and you still can't access the feature, check our Announcement Board to see if the feature is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    •Please note that while the feature you are looking for is unavailable, you may still be able to access other parts of the site from the eBay Home page.

They are pretty hosed up right now.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I think one problem may be that if you have items with bids closing during this the bidders or new bidders will not see your item closing....I think it just happened to me, a small item just sold @ 80% of what they have been selling at.....?
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My landing page is my selling page. All my sold items, paid and unpaid---disappeared. I got people buying things and I don't know who they areimage
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    LRCTomLRCTom Posts: 857 ✭✭✭
    I called the customer service line and the friendly recorded voice said they're having problems...try again later.

...Tom

LRC Numismatics eBay listings:
    http://stores.ebay.com/lrcnumismatics

• Options
    I had some auctions close right after this started happening. Not one of them had any late bids. Not a good sign for sellers.
    GMan
  • Options
    I called the customer service line and the friendly recorded voice said they're having problems...try again later.

When I called customer service they told me to go sign in to my account and click contact us to get a pin number....image I was calling because I could not sign in.........image
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dealer on my old dealer-to-dealer network said a little bit ago that eBay itself had been hacked. I have no idea if he is correct or not.

Might not be a bad idea to check the balances on any credit cards linked to PayPal every day or two.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    are you "outing" eBay?image
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    No worries! Feepay will make sure everyone is protected and made whole.

image Sometimes I crack myself up.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inability to log in can be caused by a password change, hopefully not by someone else! If you still can't get in, contact ebay right away and regain control, and create anew password.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    are you "outing" eBay?

• Options

8:31 EST Just got logged into my ebay account.................image
  • Options
    I was just able to log in again. Everything is fine for me now.
    GMan
  • Options

<< <i>I was just able to log in again. Everything is fine for me now. >>

....except that I was not able to bid on some items that ended today that I really wanted. I now see that they sold for stupid low money, due to the fact that no one was able to place bids today on those items. Poor me, but more so, poor sellers.

I wonder how many sellers got hosed today, if they even realize it, or if those items can be relisted due to Ebay screwup.

......I collect old stuff......
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I was just able to log in again. Everything is fine for me now. >>

....except that I was not able to bid on some items that ended today that I really wanted. I now see that they sold for stupid low money, due to the fact that no one was able to place bids today on those items. Poor me, but more so, poor sellers.

I wonder how many sellers got hosed today, if they even realize it, or if those items can be relisted due to Ebay screwup. >>

let the sellers know.

it will provide additional evidence if they want to have some claim against eBay.

the one I was watching finished after things rectified. so it went off ok.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Wahoo - surfing on company time once again! image
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭
    eBay is totally down right now for me. This is going to kill sellers tonight.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's called Spouse-Lock™. Some of your wives have put you guys in the penalty box. image >>

I find that funny as hell....image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Might not be a bad idea to check the balances on any credit cards linked to PayPal every day or two. >>

The balance available on the debit card I have linked is currently $8.30. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Anyone having trouble with ebay??"

Yep. I can't get a seller to move off of his price on a coin that is only 156% over CDN ask. What was I thinkin'? image

BST transactions: Even with some OFR members. Imagine that.
    Ahrensdad,al410,ao39,Bajjerfan,Barndog,Batman23,Billet7,Blackhawk,
    Braddick,Broadstruck,brokezorro,CarsonCityGold,cohodk,CoinsAreNeat,Coinlearner,coinman23885,
    CoinRaritiesOnline,coin22lover,cucamongacoin,
    DCW,dizzyfoxx,donthehill,DoubleEagle59,dpvilla,Drunner,dsessom,Ducky1100,
    EvilEmpire,eyoung429,fishteeth,greencopper,grip,habaraca,Hendrixkat,holeinone1972,
    icsoccer,indiananationals,jakeblue,JamesM,jhdfla,Joebb21,JonathanB,Kalshacon,
    Keets,kryptonitecomics,KSteelheader,Lakesamman,LasVegasTeddy,LeeG,
    LucyBop,mach19,MadMarty,MANOFCOINS,Manorcourtman,Meltdown,MisterTicToc,
    **nesvt/wipoto**,Nocerino18,Numisma,oldwestgold,oreville,papabear,PreTurb,RedHerring,
    rlarick,Rob41281,Robb,robkool,RPMHunter,RTS,SoCalBigMark,SeaEagleCoins,steelielee,Stone,sToner,
    smittys,sumrytym,TexasNationals,thebigeng,tydye,TWQG,USmoneylover,
    Walkerguy21D,WinLoseWin,wondercoin

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya, ebay keeps finding me buyers that are amazing to work with and keeps paying me record profits!

heeeellllpppp

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file