Home Precious Metals
Options

larger USPS priority rate box now available

derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
As a regular customer of USPS on line products, they sent me a sample of the new, largest yet, Priority Regional Rate C box. Inside measurements are 14.75 x 11.75 x 11.5 and it is good for up to 25lbs. Regional Flat Rate prices offer a savings over regular flat rate prices depending on how many postal zones away you are shipping. Also, for now regional rate boxes are only available from the usps.com website and are delivered to your door, along with other priority flat rate products, free of charge.

To figure Priority regional flat rate postage you first need a postal chart that shows zones based on originating zip code:

Customize your postal zone chart, then print it for future reference

then see how much it cost to ship from the Priority regional rate chart:

All about regional priority flat rate boxes and fees and a link to receive a free USPS Priority regional flat rate shipping kit

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

Comments

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    good stuff. Thanks!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the info and links

i used one of those regional boxes once and it saved me like 33% or close to it. pretty big deal on a packaged that was brought down from 18 to 12 (something like that)

i'll be studying up on the zones/regions a bit more for substantial savings

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this box big enough to hold a box of five 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle sets?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this box big enough to hold a box of five 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle sets? >>

Measure your box and compare it to the inside dimensions given in the OP. Also, note the weight limit in the OP.

You have to calculate postage after you have customized your "zone" chart for the originating zip code. Your zone chart will be the same for all future regional priority flat rate shipments from the zip code.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?