Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone know why did was done to this HTT?

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cuts on the obverse.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    someone was bored a long time ago
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impossible to say for sure.
    It doesn't look like much thought went into it though.

I second boredom.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the thought that it could be copper coated zinc or some silly contrivance like that just pushed the person into testing it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1830-34 William H. Milton, Boston, Low-266 / HT-164, R-1, Copper.

Milton worked out of Faneuil Hall in Boston which still has merchant stalls to this day.

Faneuil is misspelled "Fanueil" on one side of the token and correctly spelled on the other marking this as Rulau-HT-164 rather than the Rulau-HT-163.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Not being an expert on HTT's, what is the difference in price from an 164 and an 163 token? Just curious.

Ron

<< <i>1830-34 William H. Milton, Boston, Low-266 / HT-164, R-1, Copper.

Milton worked out of Faneuil Hall in Boston which still has merchant stalls to this day.

Faneuil is misspelled "Fanueil" on one side of the token and correctly spelled on the other marking this as Rulau-HT-164 rather than the Rulau-HT-163. >>

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not being an expert on HTT's, what is the difference in price from an 164 and an 163 token? Just curious.

Ron >>

During the early 1830's merchant strip stores... Then called Cheapsides, now called Mini-Malls began to surface in the New England region.

The difference between the HT-163 and HT-164 is the spelling and misspelling of the name of the hall Milton rented space in to run his clothing business.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the thought that it could be copper coated zinc or some silly contrivance like that just pushed the person into testing it. >>

If that were the case, I doubt there would be more than one or two cuts.

<< <i>someone was bored a long time ago >>

Yep. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    I just saw one of those "How it's made" shows and they showed us how a straight edge razor was made. In the 80 step process they cut a piece of thumb metal (Like a really thick/wide thumb ring). Maybe someone used this soft copper to test a knife. Just a thought.

Ray
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill go with bordom as well. what a bummer
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>the thought that it could be copper coated zinc or some silly contrivance like that just pushed the person into testing it. >>

If that were the case, I doubt there would be more than one or two cuts. >>

Copper/Zincoln humor!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file