Home PSA Set Registry Forum

HOFer Baseball Autograph thread

Started slabbing my HOFer autos at the National this year in Chicago. I've registered sets for both the complete auto HOF set and the post-48 HOF player auto set. I've been pretty happy with my submissions so far, here are some of my highlights:

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

Please add to this thread with your favorite baseball HOF autos, slabbed or unslabbed, but I especially encourage auto registry set participants to post their new additions, need/want lists and extras for sale or trade.

Enjoy!
Andy

Comments

• paleocardspaleocards Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭
    Added this one recently; I've always liked the look of the 2001 SP Legendary Cut autos.

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Nice Joe D
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Those ALL look great. What's up with PSA switching holders on the 2001 UDs?
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    nice clean signatures!

you need a Ripken !!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
    Thanks guys.

Elemenopeo - I totally agree: I much prefer all of my cards in the standard holder, but in my first submission they slabbed the auto-jerseys in the huge pack holders. Obviously they can fit in the standard holder because the F. Robinson and Duke Snider auto-jerseys were slabbed in them in my second auto submission. I'm going to try to get all of the 2001 UDs and others re-slabbed at the National next year.

IMF - Here you go! I love the look of this Ripken auto in the PSA slab, unfortunately they put it in the wrong one! A "6"?!? Really?

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy,

Here are a few that I just picked up. I've decided to do the 70's/80's HOF auto's

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Heading to Newport on the next Red Flip Special, along with about 10 more Post HOF RC's that have been auto'd.

With my latest submission of 17 more HOFer autos, I've moved into first place in the Post-48 HOFer autograph registry (~83% complete). Here's some of the highlights from my last sub:

imageimage

imageimage

imageimageimage
  • Great looking cards
    My latest, this was the Williams auto I wanted...

• Nice cards.

Why are there no non-players in the postwar set?
    Thanks. It's specifically a HOF Players auto set; it has the same set composition as the HOF Players Post-War RC registry.
  • Question, what are the fees for getting these cards graded? Is it a set fee or are you paying based on the supposed book value of the specific player's autograph? I've read the explanation on PSA site but couldn't quite figure it out.
    The fees vary based on the PSA Special that I'm using. Post-1998 auto'd cards from the manufacturer are allowed on all modern specials (the auto is certified by the card-maker, not PSA) so I'm simply paying to have the card graded.

Any autos on cards released before 1998 have to be certified by PSA-DNA, using their fee schedule.
    Had these graded at the National for my Post-War HOFer auto registry set. Missed a few wrinkles and/or other surface flaws on the 1st three, happy with the other grades (especially the Mantle & Campy).

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

I recently picked-up these last four for the complete HOFer auto registry; I'll eventually submit them to be red-flipped and numerically-graded.

imageimage

imageimage
    Here are some of the more recent inductees. Five I bought raw off eBay and just got slabbed with my renewal (Griffey, Maddux, Thomas, Smoltz & Biggio). The dual auto of Palmer & Jenkins I pulled from my case of 2015 Heritage (as a redemption). I waited over a year for Topps to finally send the card to me, but I'm happy with the grade it earned (also sub'd on my renewal). The final two (Piazza and Pedro) I bought slabbed off eBay. I was picky about the Piazza auto I wanted since I'm a life-long Dodger fan and wanted him in his LA uniform.

• KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Bought the Yaz at a card show. The Fisk/Rice was pulled by a buddy of mine which he traded to me.

• heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

That's just fantastic I love it.

My three latest (all upgrades to my HOFer auto sets):

• UllrUllr Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

Finally hit 60% on my set. Lots of low grade vintage cards but I like them more than the shiny new stuff

collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs

Bought all of these raw on eBay and had them graded onsite at the Cleveland National with my "free" renewal gradings.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

very very nice autos

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

Finally, after 8+ months, my latest sub of HOFer autos was graded and returned. These were all bought raw on eBay or pulled from packs. I obviously missed something on the Smith, but still can't tell what it was. Pleased and surprised that the only "10" was the Halladay, the oldest (but thinnest) of the cards I sub'd. The thicker, modern cards just seem more susceptible to damage and tougher to get in highest grade. (The Jeter and Boudreau I bought slabbed).