Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is your goal for collecting this coming year?

Are you planning on adding to your existing collection?

Do you plan to start a new series?

Upgrade?

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to keep doing it... in whatever direction it goes.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Yes.

No.

Maybe.

Ray
  • Options
    yes
    no
    yes
    my main goal is to try and not go broke doing the "yes's".
  • Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you planning on adding to your existing collection?

Upgrade? >>

Yes

Don't plan on it, but you never know.

There is always room for upgrades.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Having at least 80% completion with the current set I am intensely focused on; currently requires 17 more coins!
  • Options
    Yes.

No.

Yes.

I want to get done the Merc dimes from '35 to present in 64FB or better... most dates being 65-66FB, only a couple of the pricier ones being 64...
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goal for the coming year is to survive the end of the world on 12/21/2012, don't know where I'll have to be to do that, but that's my stretch goal.

Another goal is to avoid the zombie apocalypse.

2012 portends to be a rough year, what with walking dead, galactic alignment, the dark star Wormwood swinging through the solar system and a presidential election!
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goal next year is to acquire a AU range 1921 Peace Dollar, finish up acquiring roman emperors I still want then focus on Roman Republics & Greeks.
  • Options
    My goal next year is to add the 1909 s VDB to my collection... and its not far away
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am finding opportunities in foregn coins and I expect to buy more in that area.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Find some more dimes I need.

2) Get some of the 40-50 dimes I have that need graded and/or attributed to PCGS and into my sets.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a minimum

double the quality and diversity

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Take a break.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2 really nice pieces - "eye candy" - no particular series or period in mind.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    Start working on the seated dollar series, high AU starting with the 40's
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Continue on trying to upgrade my Morgan Set.

Getting a little tougher now though image
  • Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to buy several Naftzger Middle Date and Late Date Large Cents that I missed out on the first time around. Would also like to continue to chase superb colorful Gem Proof Indian Cents and Gem Proof and Mint State Type Coins.
    TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking to purchase more numismatic
    gold coins !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    upgrades should take care of the next year, or two.
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filling holes in my quarter eagle collection - that's a task I'll be working on for a long time.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to find halves for at least ten of the thirty years I have not filled yet. Would also like to get my short set of Walkers up MS64 Minimum grade. Couple of the keys might be very hard to do as in costly.
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you planning on adding to your existing collection? Definitely

Do you plan to start a new series? No

Upgrade? >>

Plan to upgrade my Capped Bust Half Dollar Overton set, and maybe a few Classic Commemoratives.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    My goal is to acquire a problem free XF example of both Charlotte and Dahlonega dirty gold.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    Hopefully my 25 anniversary sets will finally come in during 2012. image

-Keith
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To continue to learn colonials better, buy some of the important auction catalogs . There are a few pieces I'd like to buy but they may not come on the market this next year
  • Options
    To be able to afford to keep my coins.
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • Options
    I have two coin-related goals for the coming year:
    1) add a few circulated coins to my type collection
    2) add a chain cent to my 1793 large cent collection
    EAC member since 2011, one third of the way through my 1793 large cent type set
  • Options
    I'm going to continue as I have this year, no major changes.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say it all the time every year but I walk in a BM and it's all over like a kid in a candy store. So I'll say it but it will not happen like get my some day box graded ya right it only get's bigger Life go's on.image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Add some more George III patterns to my set, and maybe a few upgrades to existing sets. I'm not planning on starting anything new since I already collect to many different areas.
  • Options
    NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    Are you planning on adding to your existing collection?

Upgrade?

Yes.

No.

No and Yes. If anything shows up in higher grade, I'll upgrade. If not, there's one coin that would definitely compliment my set that I would love buy... provided that I have the funds to buy it...
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I did not succeed in accomplishing my numismatic goal for 2011 so this years goal remains the same; to find a suitable 1918-S, 1921-S, or 1924-S Buffalo nickel in PCGS MS63 or 64.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭✭
    Get some more good deals from the bay and make enough money to buy a keeper!

• Options
    EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    Work on my low to mid grade problem free Large Cent Collection.
    Low to Mid grade easy, problem free not so easy!
    ED
  • Options
    goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I need a Lincoln cent struck on at least 90% aluminum...and yes, I'm serious.
  • Options
    Finishing the 7070
    Many buy and sell transactions. Let's talk!
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Get the two years of Numismatist I don't have.

2a) Slab the dozen raw barber halves in my mid-grade set.

2b) Replace/upgrade 1 barber half.

3) Go back and work on commems.

4) Spend less than I did this year!!!!
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    Keep learning, keep seeing coins, keep meeting those who have them.

And keep trudging down the 50pc Commem trail.
  • Options
    I plan to finish my sheldon set....Haha
  • Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭
    Are you planning on adding to your existing collection? Yes. Have been checking off a coin or two or three in my Lincoln wheat set.

Do you plan to start a new series? Possible. Every series I would like to do includes multiple coins that are huge (to me) money. So, probably not. Probably start a true XF Wheat set (no problem coins).

Upgrade? If opportunity knocks and I have cash available (these never coincide with each other)
    Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file