Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Not to hijack JamesMurrays thread so....

So you have a choice of how to spend $300, do you buy a 4 oz set form the mint? Or what would you buy? To keep it fair lets just say coins you have bought this year for $300 or less. Personally I'd take any of these, but then again I'm just a coin collector.

1803 1000th Ann. of Founding of Hamburg:

1825 Saxony Proof Pfennig

1826 Aargau 5 Batzen:

1697 Sixpence

Comments

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Those are 4 nice options to pick from; I would have to go with the Hamburg piece - amazing detail.

My favorite this year was this one at $295.
    imageimage
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 is cool Jeff !

Personally, this was a good purchase for under $300, key Zurich 65mm shooting medal

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Neat thread idea. My only "qualifying" coin that was a purchase this year and close to $300 was my 1820 George VI halfcrown.

My pics first, seller's pics on the bottom. In hand it's more like my pics, a tough one to photograph well for sure.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Well, I'd buy the 25th Ann. SAE set, flip it for $600, and then buy something like the 1000th Hamburg, ...........and, the Aargau. image
  • Options
    Those are all stunning pieces guys , some real crackers , im torn between the german thaler and the Geo half crown..i love that thaler