Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official "Back to School Baseball/Football Break"...ALL SOLD OUT & Paid. LET"S S

Comments

• MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Just called and paid and added a couple of 2002 Topps Heritage Baseball also.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Good Luck everyone, hope we get some scans by the weekend!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Paid up, and of course like any good junkie, had to add some more to the order...

1993 Studio Baseball Unopened Wax Box
    1992 Donruss Baseball Unopened Series 1 Wax Box
    1991 Donruss Baseball Unopened Series 2 Wax Box
    1990 Donruss Baseball Unopened Rack Case
    1986 OPC Baseball Unopened Wax Pack x10
    1988 OPC Baseball Unopened Wax Pack x10
    1988 Topps Baseball Complete "UK" Factory Set
    1989 Sportflics Baseball Factory Set
    1988 Sportflics Baseball Complete Factory Set
    1987 Sportflics Baseball Complete Factory Set
    1986 Sportflics Baseball Complete Factory Set

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone get there cards in the mail today? Im on the westcoast and not home yet, but I am hoping that when I get home, there will be a nice package waiting for me!!!
  • My wife just called and said I had a package from BBCE....I'm in Massachusetts. They arrived!!
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Mine have arrived!

------
    stupid print dots

• 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My wife just called and said I had a package from BBCE....I'm in Massachusetts. They arrived!! >>

Woohoo!!! Same here, I will crack em later tonight.

Joe
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received mine today. I might crack open this w/e.

Maybe...

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Got my packs today. Wasn't planning on opening any of the packs, but decided to bust one of the 78 cello's. Nice star power in my cello pack, to bad the cards don't have better centering. None the less, here are the scans.

• scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Big hits for one cello, especially the Molitor rookie. Congrats!
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.

• << <i>Got my packs today. Wasn't planning on opening any of the packs, but decided to bust one of the 78 cello's. Nice star power in my cello pack, to bad the cards don't have better centering. None the less, here are the scans.

image >>

That was ONE Cello???

Fantastic!
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice hit Matt, I didn't receive my package today, maybe tomorrow.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • That's a great cello!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    I received my package today. I think I'm going to spread out my rips and do 1 or 2 each day to help me cope with this constant rain we have been having. I went ahead and ripped the 82 T cellos, but had only one star card. That one was Pete Rose and it looks like a strong 9, so I'll add it to my next sub.

Rodney
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Received mine today. Ripped one of my '81 Topps racks. Hit Payton, Lambert, Greene, Upshaw, and Carson for HOF'ers. All were OC to some degree. Will be leaving my other rack unopened along with the cellos I bought. The only star of note showing on the cellos was an '84T Eric Dickerson Instant Replay.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• I got my package today. I am going to try to keep them all sealed.

How do you store raw rack packs??
    Joel
  • I've been using a top loader and team bags. If you want some just PM me.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • for those that did not see my thread... this was my rack.

Good luck to everyone else!
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to both Matt and Jasen for some great hits so far. Here's hoping everyone gets their packs today!!! image

Here are mine which will stay unopened of course.

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

<< <i>When they're on the slate to be ripped, and thus out in the open, on a bed of bubble wrap. >>

That's not right making them comfortable before they are ripped apart. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • I've never participated in one of these group rips and was seriously considering the '76 baseball wax packs this time... after these scans, I really wish I'd bought a couple of these '76 Topps BB wax packs. How often are these rips done?
  • Well we've done what like 3 in 3 months, 5 since Feb. We'll get another going soon...

I do know Steve was heading out on the road last week, maybe he'll find some goodies for us!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I do know Steve was heading out on the road last week, maybe he'll find some goodies for us! >>

A box of 75 minis would be real nice. I never get tire of them.

Joe

• << <i>

<< <i> I do know Steve was heading out on the road last week, maybe he'll find some goodies for us! >>

A box of 75 minis would be real nice. I never get tire of them.

Joe >>

Agreed! I love to do another 1986 fleer basketball box if Steve gets one in stock again.
  • Yes I haven't opened any 86's since the last break I jumped in on here. It must have been a year and a half ago or so...maybe two.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Afternoon,

Got mine, No Stars on front or back of any of my 77 Cello, Two 81 racks, or two 84 Cellos. Not getting ripped, so that's all she wrote !!

Thanks
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Picked my packs up today from the PO.

No star power showing on the two 78 cellos, but they look so cool. I will scan them later.

Jack Morris on the back of one of my two 80 cellos, but no star power showing otherwise.

I opened the two 82 cellos because they were pretty loose already. Maybe 82s are normally loose, I don't know. The packs I have from 77, 78, 79, and 80 are all tight. Anyway, no star power at all. I mean throughout the entire two packs! I guess on the positive side, I don't have a complete 82 set so I can add some of these, as they do look very nice. Just no stars. My luck continues to suck. I think it's a sign saying STOP OPENING PACKS! LOL.

Thanks again for putting this together!

Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topps started loosely wrapping cello packs in 1980 (though some are also tightly wrapped from that year, too). In 1982, most (though not all) cellos were loosely wrapped.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    I received by packs today. I was surprised to find some serious star power on my 1977 Football cello front and back. Thanks again BBCE!!!

Picked these up for my unopen wax collection
    imageimage

Bobby, you are on a roll my friend. First the double vision Bo Jackson and now this. That pack needs to get graded pronto!!!

image Congrats!!!

Collecting:

<< <i>Bobby, you are on a roll my friend. First the double vision Bo Jackson and now this. That pack needs to get graded pronto!!! >>

Mike, Thanks and I've had pretty good luck with my unopen packs recently, I think I should play the lottery tonight. BTW I'll be sending that pack to PSA very soon.
  • SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Finally scanned my packs from the rip. I think I've picked them up and looked at them about fifty times since yesterday. Just love them. Didn't notice the hair on George Medich's hat. Guess I need to clean my scanner! By any chance, does anyone have a 1978 Topps Cello with Len Randle on the top, and if so would you be willing to trade or sell it? Let me know please!

Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    I got my packs yesterday. The only two I opened were the 1986 FB wax packs. Pulled the two cards below:

I am leaving the rest un-opened. Nothing to big on the cellos unless you consider Mike Scott, Donnie Moore and Steve Grogan big.

Did pull some nice star and HOF power on the 1981 rack.

Opening packs is a ton a fun but I also love leaving un-opened. My wife can't understand how I can look at packs and boxes and not open them. If I left it up to her, she would open everything I had.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • ssollarsssollars Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    Opened my box from BBCE, only star power on the cellos was a '84 Montana (on back).

We commence will ripping tonight when I get home...
  • I have to say I really enjoy these Group Rips.

Thanks again for putting them together,
    -Larry

Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭
    I purchased 2 packs fo 80 baseball and to packs of 82 baseball. I got a Ryan Strikeout Leader, a Steve Carlton and Pete Rose hi lights card.

That's all I have to report.

Thanks again for doing this.

• << <i>Paid up, and of course like any good junkie, had to add some more to the order...

1993 Studio Baseball Unopened Wax Box
    1992 Donruss Baseball Unopened Series 1 Wax Box
    1991 Donruss Baseball Unopened Series 2 Wax Box
    1990 Donruss Baseball Unopened Rack Case
    1986 OPC Baseball Unopened Wax Pack x10
    1988 OPC Baseball Unopened Wax Pack x10
    1988 Topps Baseball Complete "UK" Factory Set
    1989 Sportflics Baseball Factory Set
    1988 Sportflics Baseball Complete Factory Set
    1987 Sportflics Baseball Complete Factory Set
    1986 Sportflics Baseball Complete Factory Set >>

got my BOX in today from Steve and Co. and when i say box, i mean a 35lb box! woot!

highlights of the Group Rip:

i havnt opened the packs, but Steve Carlton HOF Power showing on the back of one of the 1980 O-Pee-Chee Packs and one of the 1982 Topps Cello's

I got my box today as well and am extremely pleased. In addition to the group rip packs, I added 10 1978 Topps baseball wax packs and one pack had Carlton showing on back and another had Winfield showing. All of these packs were box fresh and clean as a whistle. You just can't find better product on the market on a consistent, reliable basis like you do at BBCE. The 76 wax packs were pristine and the 90 OPC wax packs were still lightly stuck together just like they were in the box. Thanks again Mike for setting this up and thanks again Steve for such great product and service! As a bonus, I got this beauty as one of my two 78 cellos. As a NY fan, you can't ask for a better pack (even though I'm a Mets fan):

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • LOOK at that centering!!! NIIICE!
    Any idea why my two packs of '78 Topps was changed to one by BBCE? I had ordered two (and two was written on the invoice) then it was scratched out with another pen and changed to one pack. I was only charged for one, but I wanted both...
    I believe Steve ran out of 78 wax during the rip..

Grote, not sure how he could run out since we bought a full box and each had a certain number of packs...
    Scmavl, I'm sorry, I assumed you were referring to 78 wax, which was not part of the rip.

No worries Grote. It was '78 cello that was part of the rip. Odd, huh? Not that I'm saying it was anything sketchy on BBCE's part, as I've gotten MANY nice packs/boxes from them. But I did shoot Steve an email just to ask.
  • If it's something I made an error on, I'll gladly fix it. Just let me know.

On a side I got to meet Cincyredlegs at our local card shop tonight with his daughter. They had pack wars going on. Just a great guy and his daughter is adorable. She had so much fun ripping packs. Fun time, and good to get out away from reality for a few. Mark and I are going to try to get together for a beer one of these Monday nights for a Football game.

Can't say enough good things about him.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    Mike,
    Absolutely NOT your error. When I called them, they asked what my CU order was and I told them and I can see where they wrote it down. It was changed later. It's no big deal but man, I really wanted to pull that Murray...

Mike, glad you and Mark were able to finally hook up (in a manly kind of way). image

Collecting:
  • cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike, glad you and Mark were able to finally hook up (in a manly kind of way). image >>

I was the better looking of the two.......HA.

It was great to finally meet Mike face to face vs talking on the phone and on the website. It was a great time at Pack Wars and a good way of blowing off some steam for a couple of hours. BTW, Maddie wanted me to tell you thanks again for the cards and packs. Mike is definitely a stand up guy.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
    Finished ripping. Nothing of note except the Pujols RC and Ichiro/Pujols RC I pulled from the box of '01 TT I got.
  • MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Planning on keeping everything unopened this time. the 80 OPC wax packs looked great and while there was nothing of note on the front or back of the 84 FB cello packs the packs themseleves were very nice. Now to some scans though. The biggest star on the 78 cello packs was Bobby Bonds but the packs were nice:

imageimage

imageimage

On the 80 cellos I did get a Yount on the back of one and a Dickie Thon rookie card image

imageimage

imageimage

And here are a couple of pictures of the 81 FB rack box. This is the first rack box that I have that looks like this. Are there other years with this style rack box, with telling the retailer to hang the packs up? Also, I was wondering if the cello wrapping on this box is from Steve as I have never seen a sealed rack box in a sealed case before. Very nicely done if it is. I want to make sure that this is not the way Topps packed it before I opene the cello to see what packs there are in the box. Anyway, this is a great addition to my unopened box collection.

Have to thank Mike for running this and hope to participate again in the future.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello