Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Make offer with BIN.

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
So a guy has a coin listed with a BIN of $130 and a make an offer option as well. I offer $118 and it gets rejected and he doesn't even counter. What do you think, should I offer $129.99 and see if it get's accepted. image Is an offer of $118 on $130 BIN insulting?
Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not insulting but if it just got put up he might be waiting to see if anyone will BIN.

    Offers are best received in the last day or hours, it seems to me.

    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    How quick was it rejected after sending your offer? Sometimes when I get an offer on a coin that I'm considering accepting I'll wait until just before the offer expires in case I get a better offer before the 48 hours are up.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's not putting in much room to play if 90% is rejected.
    How is the item priced in comparision to price guides?
    image
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>He's not putting in much room to play if 90% is rejected.
    How is the item priced in comparision to price guides?
    image >>



    $130 is pretty much full price.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    I don't think your offer was insulting but the seller may have paid $130 and is trying to recoup his initial investment. The most likely scenario is he might have the coin listed for weeks with it not selling and then he might consider lowering his price but as it stands....neither you or the seller did anything wrong. You know what you are willing to pay and he knows what he is willing to take and the numbers just don't add up to a deal. image
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes- how quick was the response? The seller can set an automated reject price that either accepts or rejects the offer right away.(Instantly).
    No offer within market range is insulting or has to be accepted.--In fact I am tired of this attitude.-- i.e. that an offer may be insulting to a dealers intelligence, but a moon money asking price is not insulting to a collector- Some dealers ask moon money for widgets.
    image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,524 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>So a guy has a coin listed with a BIN of $130 and a make an offer option as well. I offer $118 and it gets rejected and he doesn't even counter. What do you think, should I offer $129.99 and see if it get's accepted. image Is an offer of $118 on $130 BIN insulting? >>

    A $130 Buy it Now price would net the seller $115.13 after eBay and PayPal fees so I could understand an automatic reject of $118.

    If he's into the coin for $130, he'll lose money selling it for $130 unless the deal is transacted outside of eBay and PayPal.

    If he got the coin raw and had it graded, there may be room for negotiation on what the seller is willing to accept but evidently, $118 isn't it.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.



    The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file