Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Pictures of the Exhibits of USPI Type Coins, Yemen Al-Zubairi Coins, Clark, Gruber & Co. Coins &

The 2011 Colorado Springs Coin Show held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 2886 South Circle Drive (I-25 & S. Circle), Colorado Springs, CO 80906 from Thursday June 30 - Saturday July 2. If you're attending the ANA Summer Seminar or just in the area, this is an excellent show to attend. The following competitive exhibits will be on display at the show:
    - A Collection of Type Coins: The Philippines Under United States Sovereignty - 30 Years of Small Denomination Exchange (1843-1873) - One Hundred Years of Scouting - Location of 20 Indian Tribes in the Mid 1870's - Franklin Half Dollars - Yemen-Mohammed Mahmud Al-Zubairi Memorial - World War II, Home and Abroad - A Selection of Territorial Gold Coins Minted by the Private Banking Firm of Clark & Gruber Co.
Transportation between the ANA/Colorado College and the show site will be provided. The transportation schedule, a list of dealers attending the show as well as driving directions, show hours and other useful information is available on the web page at: http://csns.anaclubs.org/cs_coin_show.htm

I hope to see you there!

usarok

Comments

• Options
    Oh! I wish I could make it!

Please take lots of pics. Would the "Collection of Type Coins" be yours?
  • Options
    USAROKUSAROK Posts: 887 ✭✭✭
    Yes, the USPI Type Collection is mine. The TLC Collection USPI Complete Type Set in the PCGS Registry. I will try to take some pictures and post them here.
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because I was curious, I went looking for a picture of the Yemen coin listed above.

Here's what the Yemen Mohammed Mahmud Al-Zubairi Memorial silver coin looks like:

Yemen Arab Republic 2 Riyals 1969 Proof

Apparently there is a gold coin also with a higher denomination.

It is interesting that the coin date year is Western (AD), not Islamic (AH).

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    The exhibitor of the Yemeni coins owns one of the gold coins so I expect it will be a part of his exhibit.
  • Options
    Here are pictures of the exhibits at the 2011 Colorado Springs Coin Show. I'll tell who won at the bottom.

Here is the exhibit area at the show

These are the awards that were given out for the Young Numismatist First Place Exhibit, Adult First Place Exhibit and People's Choice - Best of Show Exhibit

A GI's Coin Collection

100 Years of Scouting

A Selection of Territorial Gold Coins Minted by the Private Banking Firm of Clark, Gruber & Co.

Franklin Half Dollars

A Collection of Type Coins: The Philippines Under United States Sovereignty

The 30 Years of Small Denomination Exchange of the Antebellum & Civil War Era

The Location of 20 Indian Tribes in the Mid 1800's

World War II, Home and Abroad

Yemen-Mohammed Mahmud Al-Zubairi Memorial

The exhibits were great and the three days of the show were a blast!

Now for the awards. And the winners are .......................

Peoples Choice - Best of Show - 100 Years of Scouting This exhibit was created by a YN image

Young Numismatist First Place - Franklin Half Dollars image

Adult First Place - A Collection of Type Coins: The Philippines Under United States Sovereignty image
  • Options
    Congratulations and good show!

Many people don't realize how difficult it is to amass such a type collection as yours. It is most certainly an impressive collection.
  • Options

<< <i>Congratulations and good show!

Many people don't realize how difficult it is to amass such a type collection as yours. It is most certainly an impressive collection. >>

Thank you. As I told some friends at the show, I don't believe I could reaccomplish building this collection today. There just aren't very many high grade USPI business strike coins being put up for sale or auction now.
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

I like that you included the Macarthur coins. Not technically PI under US juristiction, but a nice touch recognizing the U.S. Filipino bond.

BTW, where's your gold Wilson dollar?!? image

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Nice thread. Someone posted the Gold one as part of a set just a couple weeks ago, the title was something about, " Will anyone ever collect Yemen coins".image The same set as displayed in the last Photo on the left side, white holder.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Peoples Choice - Best of Show - 100 Years of Scouting This exhibit was created by a YN image >>

It's nice to see a YN win! Congrats!

Scouting exonumia can also very interesting. Here is one of my more memorable modern pieces. I have some classic pieces as well but no good images yet.

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. And congrats! I like the showing of both the obverses and reverses. Now, you'll have to work in the mintmarks, if you haven't already. Can't really see them up close but the lustre shines.
  • Options

<< <i>Now, you'll have to work in the mintmarks, if you haven't already. Can't really see them up close but the lustre shines. >>

You do realize that you can click on the coin to see the enlarged version where the mintmarks are clearly evident, don't you?
    Look again.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Now, you'll have to work in the mintmarks, if you haven't already. Can't really see them up close but the lustre shines. >>

You do realize that you can click on the coin to see the enlarged version where the mintmarks are clearly evident, don't you?
    Look again. >>

That is an absolutely stunning presentation of a collection! I love it!
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    Congratulations Mr. USAROK. That looks like a wonderful collection you've put together. It must have been fun!

If you don't already have a Filipina wife maybe think about finding one. That would make a wonderful wedding present, or perhaps an inheritance for a baby.

Best wishes,

Just Having Fun
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock