Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does anybody know where all the thousands of newly slabbed Morgans ended up?

Just curious.

TRUTH

Comments

• Options
    DaveEDaveE Posts: 367
    telemarketers and TV sales.
  • Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭

<< <i>telemarketers and TV sales. >>

All of them? If so, that is some promotion. 150,000 coins.

TRUTH
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. Destined to become part of many investment portfolios.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    MS Dollar Morgan prices on the greysheet.

...........Feb 2011...June 2011

MS63...$43............$53
    MS64...$64............$73
    MS65...$140..........$163

TRUTH
  • Options
    Ended up delaying my submissions, yo.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that Truth knows and is not going to tell us image
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cracked out and resubmitted for upgrades.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

that makes almost perfect sense. who know knows for sure
  • Options
    GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
    Big deals like that invariably get sold to telemarketers. Some sell them over the phone, some on TV. The 25 bag hoard of Morgans we handled went to a telemarketer who I believe sold them via the phone. I am pretty sure I saw coins with the McClaren Pedigree from Legend being sold on TV.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe the guy was just getting his personal collection slabbed... nothing like having a stack of 4,300 PCGS blue boxes full of Morgans in your garage image
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Mostly to investment holdings, telemarketers and home shopping outlets.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>maybe the guy was just getting his personal collection slabbed... nothing like having a stack of 4,300 PCGS blue boxes full of Morgans in your garage image >>

Comparable to the person that had 12 trash cans of Wheaties in his garage? image
  • Options
    GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
    I think most of these hoards get graded ATS
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to "speak out of school" here but do some individuals in the the dealer network inflate the bid ask prices on greysheet when there is a big deal going down? Just a question.

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't want to "speak out of school" here but do some individuals in the the dealer network inflate the bid ask prices on greysheet when there is a big deal going down? Just a question. >>

They can try but when common coins are involved the bidding dealer will subject their bids to be "hit" by large quantities. As an example, anybody can enter a bid on MS64 Morgans that's 50 percent higher than the current bid but there is a very likely chance that a couple of FedEx trucks may show up at his office two days later with 40,000 coins. If the dealer honors his bids he'll probably end up buying way more coins than he had anticipated (tying up capital in common, fungible coins). If he does not honor his bids he'll lose credibility and next time his bids will not be taken seriously.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>I don't want to "speak out of school" here but do some individuals in the the dealer network inflate the bid ask prices on greysheet when there is a big deal going down? Just a question. >>

Just keep this in mind when there is another "run up" in any sector of the coin market. THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS. image

TRUTH

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file