1961 Jefferson..(raw).....what do you think it will grade

All opinions welcome....

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll jump in with MS64
  • Options
    Looks like a 63, but I think it'll go 64.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a nice 61, a little sharper than most 61's,
    I'll say MS65 all day.

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    NumismanicNumismanic Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    The 61-P has to be one of the tougher dates to find with full steps. Yours is hammered, but I

doubt it will get designated full step, worth a shot though. Looks 64-65. Nice coin. image
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    64/65
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be wise to wait until last sales are finalized before starting threads like this.

Leo image

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    64/65 Can't tell on the steps.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on your last submission, I'll guess MS66 5FS image

Okay, honestly, based on your photos, it has the marks of a 64 on the obverse but the luster and exceptional reverse could carry it to an MS65, especially if you submit ATS. I do not think the steps are quite clear enough to get the FS designation, they look incomplete on the far left side under the first pillar and then again between steps 3 and 4 under the second pillar.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options

<< <i>All opinions welcome....

imageimage
    image >>

MS64 no FS - there is a huge tick that spans several steps.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my opinion is that it will get graded MS65FS although that is not the grade i would assign to the coin based on the pictures provided. i can say this much, i certainly hope that this series isn't getting graded based at least in part on sentiment such as "The 61-P has to be one of the tougher dates to find with full steps" because that would spell bad news for collectors. you're all probably tired of hearing my broken record reasoning, but this is why i sold my MS coins and focused instead on Proof issues.
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    MS65 no FS based on the pics.
  • Options
    BigDowgieBigDowgie Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭
    MS63, maybe MS64, no FS.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>my opinion is that it will get graded MS65FS although that is not the grade i would assign to the coin based on the pictures provided. i can say this much, i certainly hope that this series isn't getting graded based at least in part on sentiment such as "The 61-P has to be one of the tougher dates to find with full steps" because that would spell bad news for collectors. you're all probably tired of hearing my broken record reasoning, but this is why i sold my MS coins and focused instead on Proof issues. >>

image Keets is it going to PCGS or ATS I'll go with MS64/65 No FS.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    My first thought was 64, not sure on the steps, could go either way.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file