Home Precious Metals
Options

Anybody buy the dip?

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
Go ahead and brag, but we want pictures!
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    Speaking of pictures...how bout that 49oz Gold Bar, Capt? image
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options
    I bought some dip yesterday at Safeway image

BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options
    pmcollectourpmcollectour Posts: 1,211
    I bought five 1/2 oz gold maples last night before the dip, so technically, I bought the "pre-dip". image
    I'll try to post pics when they come in.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urgh, I had some stuff in my cart at Provident from Friday that I was looking at, but didn't pull the trigger. Almost back up to the price I had Friday, so I missed that.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    AGQ at 327.
  • Options
    grabbagrabba Posts: 1,251

<< <i>Speaking of pictures...how bout that 49oz Gold Bar, Capt? image >>

I second that motion.
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    AGQ At $316 to cost average my losses from Fridays $354 purchase, so far this morning I've recouped all my losses from Fridays purchases and have more skin in the game to boot.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    added to the AGQ "stack" at $318. Stack gettin' tall.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭
    I searched and searched ebay last night, and got within 2% with a seller, but we couldn't completely agree. I now wish I had paid the additional 2%.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have that $309 check from Midwest Refineries sitting here. My dealer's been closed for a week vacation, but reopens tomorrow. Don't know at what point of the dip it'll be, but if he has anything in the ~$309 range it'll be MINE! image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    So my dealer calls this morning with a silver deal " well under spot ".

Sooooooo todays pick up is 75,000 war nicks at $2 each!

Keep on Stack'n!
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    Not bad Mr. Baron.....my calculations come out to 4,222.50 oz which would be about $35.50 an oz......"well under spot" is always nice!!
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭
    What dip? What I want to know is if anybody is man enough to admit they bought on today's bubble.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not yet, but I'm pondering it.

those low $40s levels look mighty tempting.

I hope we go down there again.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    150K on war nickels!!!! Wow, that truley amazes me!!
  • Options
    I'm getting bent over at this moment

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm getting bent over at this moment >>

image No further details necessary, thank you.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>AGQ At $316 to cost average my losses from Fridays $354 purchase, so far this morning I've recouped all my losses from Fridays purchases and have more skin in the game to boot. >>

Lets see, you bought at $354 friday (I know you were asking about where to park $10K) and then bought at $316 to average your loss. We are currently sitting at about $295. Did you shoot your whole wad?
  • Options
    I am sitting on it like a dead duck, kinda like your avatar image

I'm going to man up and stick it out, no walking away from AGQ like a coward, still fundamentals.

• Options
    edmundfitzgeraldedmundfitzgerald Posts: 4,306 ✭✭
    I can never "play the market". Tried doing it once, (with limited success +20K), but find out I didn't have the stomach for it.

I give you guys credit who can go to sleep at night being down 10-20-50k in your trading accounts. I don't know how you do it.

I think it's better to just buy physical, and never buy paper. But then again, you've got to be in it to win it I guess.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Speaking of pictures...how bout that 49oz Gold Bar, Capt? image >>

I second that motion. >>

See birth year thread.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody buy the dip >>

Let me know when the "dip" ends and I'll be buying again.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    "I see nothing attractive about buying silver at $43 in a parabolic spike, when it was $17 less than a year ago." - Mish
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mish makes some valid points. But one of them isn't that PM's are now in a seasonally weak period. May happens to be one of the better months of the year
    for gold and silver. A 12% correction in 15 minutes in after hours trading is a little unusual, even for parabolic silver. At that rate silver would be back to $2 oz.
    in 24 hrs. No doubt there were some "fools" who bought silver at $42-$45 today, just like there were fools (like me) who bought at $20 Silver back in March 2008.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At that rate silver would be back to $2 oz.

That would get my attention!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Well, I have to say that I would be totally lying if I said I had ANY idea what metals are going to do tomorrow.
  • Options
    U an me both, Captn.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    if it were moving up on fundamentals and with fundamental based numbers we could quote, we wouldn't be worried about tomorrow or next week.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    I got stuck in meetings this morning and could only watch AGQ go up. Bought in at 343. Was grumbling about 30 minutes later after it had peaked and started its plummet for the rest of the day. I'm wondering if I should jump in first thing in the morning if it stays low (I probably can't just from a logistical standpoint - work is going to be INSANE tomorrow and I won't have much net access)
    Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    i strongly suggest anyone going long AGQ to throw another 10% at 250 june puts. another haircut like yesterday, and all your losses are covered. no matter how sure you are, no matter how many fundamentals are in your pocket, it's always a solid play to hedge.
  • Options
    it's always a solid play to hedge

Respectfully, I think that a hedge position is simply betting against your own position.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Down overnight, buying today? The items I put in my cart at provident last week are $100 less than they were Friday.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    give you guys credit who can go to sleep at night being down 10-20-50k in your trading accounts. I don't know how you do it.

The trick is to not be down 10-20-50k. One cannot be so arrogant to believe they are always right and sit with a losing position. I take hundreds of SMALL losses every year. Unfortuately, many good traders turn complacent in raging bull or bear markets. Personally I HATE the move silver made since Jan as there were relatively few trades to be made. It was a buy and hold market--very boring for a trader. But now its getting exciting.image

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i strongly suggest anyone going long AGQ to throw another 10% at 250 june puts. another haircut like yesterday, and all your losses are covered. no matter how sure you are, no matter how many fundamentals are in your pocket, it's always a solid play to hedge. >>

Indeed. AGQ is a potential widow-maker.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    jimski, normally I agree, but with the multiples wonder of buying puts in an ultra ETF on a highly volatile play like silver now, you can secure all of your gains if there's a price drop (without liquidating your position for cash), and secure 90% of your future gains from here if the price continues to rocket higher. if silver does take that rapid 30% haircut that some are claiming, those AGQ puts will be worth at least 500% more than they are now. sounds win-win to me.
  • Options
    Well, probably shouldn't have, but just pulled the trigger on a little something from Provident. First order with them.
  • Options
    Not even a thank you, no wine no dine, I am humbled image

• Options
    No guts, no glory!!!!
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Mother's Day art bar ingot today for $44. image

• Options
    I just bought today's dip. Eleven 10 oz generic bars at $41.30.
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Really, I think that we are seeing a correction. It would not surprise me if it hits $35 or a little less. Where it goes from there though, I have no idea.image -Dan
  • Options

<< <i>Really, I think that we are seeing a correction. It would not surprise me if it hits $35 or a little less. Where it goes from there though, I have no idea.image -Dan >>

Of course we're seeing a correction. I hope I bought at the bottom. Just watched Schiff's latest video and he's saying that he believes we're seeing the bottom of the correction and now is a good time to get back in. I hope he's right...again.

Schiff Video
  • Options
    anyone remember when silver was $48?

Friday?
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone remember when silver was $48?

Friday? >>

I remember it well. A friend and I sold some on that day. I called him a week earlier and said we need to take some profits at an upcoming local coin show. It was great timing...110% luck. image
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077

<< <i>Really, I think that we are seeing a correction. It would not surprise me if it hits $35 or a little less. Where it goes from there though, I have no idea. -Dan >>

That's the low point I'm betting on and hopefully not before this summer! $35 and if there's not support there, it will be an ugly ride under $30. image

Still feel we'll breach $50 later this year.

• Options
    CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    I sold my SLV on Friday at 47 after getting in at 17. Quite lucky. Keeping the physical stash intact for the long term. I'm sure I'll be back in for some more at some point.