Home Precious Metals
Options

Searched 2 bank boxes of Half Dollars yesterday. Results......

That's 2 goose eggs folks. It's gettin' slim pickens 'round here. Anybody else have any luck lately?
@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I picked up $150 in half dollar rolls over the past month... same result. Nada.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    Hit the Local banks all 4 of them and was able to acquire 40.00 in halves and found 1 1967 jfk. Thats all. Still free silver is good.
    Posative Transaction as Buyer: Aherensdad, cwazzy, ciccio, mkman,dropdaflag

www.NebraskaSilverCoins.com

Seller, SamByrd, HTubbs
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hit the Local banks all 4 of them and was able to acquire 40.00 in halves and found 1 1967 jfk. Thats all. Still free silver is good. >>

All silver is good, free silver is gooder.

The things I don’t always agree with are always worth considering.

• Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    My son and I looked through a $500 brick two weeks ago and found nothing.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    Unless you come across a box with a lot of dust on it, the pickens are getting real slim.

• Options
    Last month i posted my finds . Next week I will get back to hitting a few new banks .

Last month ... Bought 80.00 face and found 3.00 in 90% and 6.00 in 40% halfs.. It's still out there good luck
    It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I'll say one thing, I'm starting to enjoy spending the half dollars. Just bought a breakfast sandwich at McDonald's on the corner; total price was $3.43, and I paid with seven half dollars. They know me there so I usually don't get funny looks anymore.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been roll search from my bank for over a year now. Nothing, not one silver anything!

This last batch was turned in by an old lady and in old wrappers and had my heart
    pumping till I got home.

NOT A DANG thing in those rolls.

grrrrrrrrrrrr

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    my son works at the corner store...in the last 4 weeks he brought home 4 1940s washington quarters...2 from customers 2 in rolls 2 silver dimes and a slew of foreign dime/quarter sized coins
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 4 rolls the other day, nada. I did put a fresh offer in to my friend that works at the Starbucks to buy anything silver or old paper that comes in from her. The customers at that coffee shop are largely fresh immigrants from Asia and Europe. I worked there for a while back in the day and got gobs of silver out of the register that folks would come in and spend.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll say one thing, I'm starting to enjoy spending the half dollars. Just bought a breakfast sandwich at McDonald's on the corner; total price was $3.43, and I paid with seven half dollars. They know me there so I usually don't get funny looks anymore. >>

i get funny looks wherever i go......image
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll say one thing, I'm starting to enjoy spending the half dollars. Just bought a breakfast sandwich at McDonald's on the corner; total price was $3.43, and I paid with seven half dollars. They know me there so I usually don't get funny looks anymore. >>

i get funny looks wherever i go......image >>

Try using the new Presidential dollar coins. Talk about funny looks or "What the heck are those thing!"
  • Options

<< <i>Try using the new Presidential dollar coins. Talk about funny looks or "What the heck are those thing!" >>

Especially the Paki clerks.