Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

AH Cameo pop rose this week by 6 coins!

DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
While following my submissions (I sent an AH I hope does well) , I always watch the pops to see if they change before my invoice posts. This week has been a good one for the AH population. Cameo coins increased as follows - 2 PR66 Cams, 3 PR67 Cams, and 1 PR68 Cam, all Thursday and Friday. Dcams didn't move. I guess maybe we've increased awareness of the variety. I suppose the added awareness coupled with the premium price these coins command has dramatically increased submissions. Did any of you "make" these coins? That 68 is a great find. Maybe registry weighting has caused alot of sets to be scrutinized? Maybe MadMarty sent in his bulk submission. It'll be fun to find out.image
Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Not yet, but I did have some AH Kennedy's in for grading. The invoices have not posted yet. We'll see, with our luck they all belong to Russ!!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    with the prices the higher grade moderns are bringing I am sure more coins will turn up in these grades as more people look for them. Even I decided to look at the proof and mint sets I got from my father that I have never really looked at 1959-1971 three sets each from 64-71. Hopefully I find some cameo's. mike
  • Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭
    Still no PR 69 Cameo in the AH; but they must be out there somewhere. Where will it come from? An unopened proof set? A resubmitted Pr68 Cam? A crossover from NGC? Will someone beat Russ to it?

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Mine! All Mine! Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding!image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    It's goin to be mine, so I can sell it to Russ!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Don,

I just checked my copy of the pop for '64's from 7/19 (I save them to disk about once a month or so), and in the AH's it shows a pop of 35 for the 66CAM, 43 for the 67CAM and 21 for the 68CAM. Current shows 35, 44 and 22. Pop only rose by two between the three grades.

I think you were checking the pops while they were whacked. They were rolled back to previous numbers for a couple weeks, so all the pops were wrong on the low side.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Must have been Russ. Wednesday the 7th they showed 31 in PR65 CA, 33 in PR66 CA, 41 in PR67 CA, and 21 in PR68 CA. Looks like the numbers were pretty skewed!image
  • Options
    mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    I just had two 66cam and two 67cams graded, one 66 and one 67 look better than the grade, while one in a 66cam holder they screwed up and finger printed and scratched...I thought it was a lock 67 with a shot at 68 before printed and scratched. I also made another in 66cam and 67cam about three weeks ago, maybe four.

Not sure where the 68cam came from, but the way they are grading it must be a 69.

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • Options
    Nice shot Morris. I believe these coins, the 71's and the SMS coins are the real sleeper coins of our time. We'll see. I wish I had saved the key Washingtons and Lincolns while they were cheap.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file