Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is this guy a butcher in his day job?

derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

Comments

• Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has 6 and 8 year old daughters with a hell of a magic marker set and sticker collection.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Thanks for the lead! I was able to purchase 27 of his coins before you vultures zoned in on his meat!
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the lead! I was able to purchase 27 of his coins before you vultures zoned in on his meat! >>

don't worry he has 8,177 coins left.
    did he throw in a free bottle of Goo Gone?

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks for the lead! I was able to purchase 27 of his coins before you vultures zoned in on his meat! >>

did he throw in a free bottle of Goo Gone? >>

No, but he said he'd refer me to his doctor. I hope they take TriCare! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    hammered54hammered54 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

9990 sales, 100% feedback, all 5 stars in all categories........seems he's doing o.k. without anybody's help.
    Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like sellers doing ok. more power to them image
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as 4 Pizzas

Same as 4 Pizzas
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy has a serious problem with stickers! He also clogs the pages up with his junk. Have at it . Count me out....
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    TONED BEAUTY-----------image----------------BigE

PCGS GENUINE TONED, HaHa
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    9991 now........and still going strong!........................how are you doing?
    Successful Transactions.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options

<< <i>TONED BEAUTY-----------image----------------BigE

PCGS GENUINE TONED, HaHa >>

9991 now........and still going strong!........................how are you doing?

A heck of a lot better than this!!! I no longer buy from e-bay, and for sure NOT from this guyimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

<< <i>

A heck of a lot better than this!!! I no longer buy from e-bay, and for sure NOT from this guyimage >>

good for you....its looks as though he doing o.k. without ya.
    I don't buy from ebay either but I wont sit here and belittle a man who's doing o.k.
    most are after the "coin" not the comic relief.
    Successful Transactions.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

A heck of a lot better than this!!! I no longer buy from e-bay, and for sure NOT from this guyimage >>

I don't buy from ebay either but I wont sit here and belittle a man who's doing o.k.
    most are after the "coin" not the comic relief. >>

Sure, the seller is! Too bad people cant leave feedback when they go to sell this stuff and find out the coin they bought "on sale for 174.00" is only worth 5 bucks---------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sure, the seller is! Too bad people cant leave feedback when they go to sell this stuff and find out the coin they bought "on sale for 174.00" is only worth 5 bucks---------BigE >>

Well saidimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

But would you join in on belittling the marketing methods of some of the TV sellers who are also doing OK? I find his marketing technique humorous yet a bit compulsive and disturbing. And I'd probably buy from him if I liked the coin, the price was right, and he agreed to remove all the residue from the slab before shipping.

• Options
    nutmegnutmeg Posts: 345 ✭✭
    I actually bought two coins from him before he started decorating the holders. Now I don't even look anymore. He lost my business, it's a turn off.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have purchased 4 raw coins from him in 2x2's with all the stickers. All 4 graded and
    all were sold with a very, very nice profit. Some coins he has no idea as to rarity for
    specific die marriages. Okay, I let the cat out of the bag. I cherry pick this dude.
    His service is excellent.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

But would you join in on belittling the marketing methods of some of the TV sellers who are also doing OK? I find his marketing technique humorous yet a bit compulsive and disturbing. And I'd probably buy from him if I liked the coin, the price was right, and he agreed to remove all the residue from the slab before shipping. >>

we're not talking T.V. and 99% of his stuff is in a 2x2's...it is "humorous" but so what , he's kill'n time ...just like some of the reply's here....humorous also.
    Successful Transactions.
  • Options
    BarbercoinBarbercoin Posts: 850 ✭✭
    " I cherry pick this dude."

Maybe I ought to look a little closer. image

Good thinking!!

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the poster that said it's humorous.Nobody hurt,just
    having fun.
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Same as 4 Pizzas >>

EOC, why is when you say it it just sounds funny as he!!.image
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭

<< <i>I have purchased 4 raw coins from him in 2x2's with all the stickers. All 4 graded and
    all were sold with a very, very nice profit. Some coins he has no idea as to rarity for
    specific die marriages. Okay, I let the cat out of the bag. I cherry pick this dude.
    His service is excellent.

bob >>

I cherry picked a wicked 58 mint set from him a while back. I made ALOT of money off those coins! He had a BIN at $135.
  • Options

<< <i>I cherry picked a wicked 58 mint set from him a while back. I made ALOT of money off those coins! He had a BIN at $135. >>

What did you do with all the stickers?

• Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I cherry picked a wicked 58 mint set from him a while back. I made ALOT of money off those coins! He had a BIN at $135. >>

What did you do with all the stickers? >>

Believe it or not the mint set didn't have any stickers or magic marker all over it lol.
  • Options

I thought you were joking , obviously not image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file