Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

$400 1/2 Dollar Search

I will be doing a $400- 1/2 dollar search tomorrow. Call me bank and they said they had $900 of loose 1/2's said I take $400. I hope I will find some silver. I will post tomorrow what I find.
GOOD BST DEALS: cohodk, mikescoins, GritsMan, spinaker2000,
My Ebay Auctions

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck!!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should take all $900 worth!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep us posted on how ya make out image good luck as well
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd take all $900 worth. There's zero risk, only the extra time you put into to find all that silver!
  • Options
    gene1978gene1978 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You should take all $900 worth! >>

I would have but only has $400 to part with at this time.
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    gene1978gene1978 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭
    Pick them up this morning and just got done searching thru them. No Silver. 0 for $700.00 now.
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    If you think of it as $700 for $700 it doesn't seem so bad.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wonder how many people are searching now?? i know only a few years ago when spot was between $10-$15 for quite awhile that there were many already looking. one guy did it as a matter of routine and within a 50 mile radius searched several thousand a week.

i have only done it once and my luck-----or should i say timing-----was unreal. on a lark back around 2000 i asked for four rolls and one was almost solid 40%. i assume somebody had just cashed it in and i was the lucky first person along before it got back to the Feds. at the time i was saving for a canoe trip to the Minn. boundry waters and i'd get 3-4 rolls of Quarters a week. i never found a single Silver Quarter in about 6-7 months.
  • Options
    richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288
    Roll searchers are definitely on the upswing, and the number of silver and silver clad halves are definitely on the downswing! image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if that $700 came from a roll searcher. LOL

But ya never know........

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file