Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Spartanburg, S.C. NEWP's

FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
I attended the show in Spartanburg, South Carolina this past weekend. It was my first visit to that particular show.
There seemed to be a good crowd all day and by all reports it was just as good on Friday.
Every dealer I spoke with was pleased with the attendance and overall sales.
This is more of a medium sized regional show and the material offered represented that.

Lots of raw coins and most of the interest I observed was in that area. I didn't notice many sales of precious metal but people were
bringing in 90% by the bucket full.

I managed to pick up a few items. I never go hunting for toned Morgans but they seem to find me.
I picked up a nicely toned 1880-s in PCGS 65 with a proof-like reverse. I couldn't pass it up way below bid.

Overall a fun way to spend a Saturday.

Comments

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a nice show - thanks for sharing.
    Great pics, BTW - and that Barber half has the perfect look to it.
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file