Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

GROUP RIP: 1975 OPC Wax Baseball - A couple GRADES Posted.. MORE Grades 3/24!

Comments

• Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Reminder for the night crew... we're at the 'please send payment stage.'
    We should be at the scan and show stage by this time next week!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna add a few other goodies to mine, payment will be sent tomorrow.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Payment sent...can't wait to start rippin!!! Thanks!
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Paid this morning

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Waiting on a few more payments...

Hopefully, we'll get that part wrapped up soon.

• Options
    Are these all paid now ? Better be to not embarass this place. Seen a dude posting here today who locked in for 10 packs, that still shows as unpaid. just askin'.
  • Options
    "Are these all paid now ? Better be to not embarass this place. Seen a dude posting here today who locked in for 10 packs, that still shows as unpaid. just askin'."

No, don't think so... still waiting on payment from 3 participants I believe. It would be nice to wrap up payments soon.

• Options
    I'm sure Steve still sends the packages out as long as the vast majority have paid. However, I did pay for a big chunk of the box. Yes,this "dude" has paid. image Hopefully I get one with a Brett or Yount in front so I dont have to open any of them.
  • Options
    uuuuuccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. a drama princess.
  • Options
    Thanks Toro! Marked ya as paid!

I hope the box yields 7 Bretts and 7 Younts!
    Even if I get a pack with one or the other showing on top, I just don't know that I have the willpower to NOT open it. image

• Options
    You know, I was just thinking that....even if it was in front......I would be ashamed to leave it covered by a wrapper image
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Paid
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭✭
    Paid.

Robb
  • Options
    Excellent! Thanks guys! We're all paid up....

... now, to race home everyday to see if/when they arrive and fire up the scanner!

• Options
    Mine arrived today and I got little star power so the good ones are out there for ya.

My best star cards were Carlton Fisk and Billy Williams. The Fisk was decent probably in the 8 category. The Williams has an outside shot at a 10 but my guess would be a 9.

I subbed 10 cards on the sub going out today, that were centered nicely. I feel that 3 of those 10 have legit shots at 10s. One pack was terribly off centered, but the two other packs had nice centering. I just realized that I didn't include the PSA form in the package, so I opened the package and scanned the 10 I'm submitting. Some of the cards were covered up by the next card's holder, so they look strange.

• Options
    The 10 you're submitting sure do look nice! I'd be happy if I get 10 cards from these packs that are sub-worthy!

Williams, Fisk... at least you didn't strike out!

• Options
    I don't know how I am going to make it until quitting time here. Your pics have got me all excited over my first group rip.
    Joel
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know how I am going to make it until quitting time here. Your pics have got me all excited over my first group rip. >>

Based on the centering of the first two packs I opened, I'd be interested in trying these 75s again. And my PSA subscription expires in April, so would like to do this soon.
  • Options
    Minne, the centering on those is FANTASTIC!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The centering on those 75 OPCs is much better than average! Nice cards!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Pack 1:

• Options
    All backs are like this:
  • Options
    My Packs have landed!

I've got three packs.. all three are tightly wrapped... 2 are very clean, and 1 is not so much.
    Honestly, that's not all re-assuring... but I'm hoping it was the end-pack in the box.
    I believe I was the first to pay, so maybe they were the first three packs pulled from the box.
    SOO, it' possible that I'm right, it's just the end pack.

.... RIPPAGE will commence shortly... gotta get through dinner first.

• Options
    Russ, Your such a tease!
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    These cards are strong so far!!
  • Options
    Good luck on the rips! If anyone pulls a Bob Gibson they would like to move please let me know.
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    I wish you many 620s
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    Wow, those all look amazing. Thanks for setting up the group rip....I'm glad I asked for 10 now. The risk vs reward!
  • Options
    First Pack.... I choose one of the clean packs.

Here are the cards I likely will NOT be submitting.....

The Frailing is REAL nice... but has a tiny surface wrinkle in the lower left about a 1/4 inch from his name.

... and now, the 2 that I will likely submit:

The Kline... it's just too nice... maybe a 9. The Kaline... it's a TRUE rough cut, and a beauty!
    Likely an 8, maybe better... in any case, worth submitting.

Onto the next!

• Options
    PACK #2!... I choose the other clean pack.

First... the cards I won't be submitting:

Rod Gilbreath... poor guy. I can't imagine what his nickname was in grade school. image

and...

The Dodgers team card is NICE... but... had the gum attached and now has a bit of a stain on the back.
    The Johnson is nice too, but has a small dog ear along the side... it'd be a PSA 6 darn it.

Now... the cards I will be submitting:

That Lynn is beautiful! Likely no shot at a 10, but has a great shot at a 9!

.... last but not least... the dirty pack.

• Options
    Just got my three packs!!!!

• Options
    Really happy with my three packs! First one opened and got TWO Ryans!

• Options
    Nice Freddie Lynn!!
  • Options
    Pack #3... the dirty pack....

Little star power in this one...

Cards I won't be submitting:

The Spikes is nice, but alas it was the 'gum card.'

I will likely submit these:

The Yankees card is likely no better than an 8, but who knows.
    The Giants is is similar, but borderline OC. It's worth a shot.

... and I'll toss this card in too:

Overall, I'm pretty happy. It coulda been better, but I'll DEFF do it again!
    If the Lynn gets a 9, I'll be just fine! If I strike gold w/ a 9 on the Kaline.... I'll be more than fine!
    Together, I should be find with all my submittable cards.

The Brett, Yount, and Ryan are still out there!

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Great looking cards so far. Wish I would have gotten in on this one.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    Wow, the t/b centering is fantastic so far... much different than the Topps versions.
  • Options
    So far, the centering has been really good. Was OPC better than Topps in that regard?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, the centering has been really good. Was OPC better than Topps in that regard?

Just the opposite, actually. OPC issues are notoriously OC and poorly cut in most cases (though the 75 mini issue is pretty tough in its own right).

Edit: Onefasttalon, I think you did very well with your three packs, certainly much better than average. All these cards have real rich color and gloss, too, which are necessary if you're going to pull a Mint 9 or Gem Mint 10. Good luck! (I'm picking up my package from the PO tomorrow.)

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Real nice cards. I'm sure the rest of you are chomping at the bit. The centering is great except for a few packs.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see some stars coming out early. 2 Ryans, 1 Kaline and a Lynn RC are pretty good for 8 packs.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    You've seen the good...now time to see my bad. This was the bad O/C pack. Literally nothing from this pack was submittable.

• Options
    I'm entertaining the thought of putting this set together in OPC form....

I'll toss it out there... if anybody in this rip wants to sell their unwanted singles, please PM me and let me know what you want for them.
    Even if you pulled a star and would entertain selling it, let me know.

It'll be a monster compared to the reg Topp, but I've already conquered that one.
    Who knows... maybe I'm crazy.

• Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm entertaining the thought of putting this set together in OPC form....

I'll toss it out there... if anybody in this rip wants to sell their unwanted singles, please PM me and let me know what you want for them.
    Even if you pulled a star and would entertain selling it, let me know.

It'll be a monster compared to the reg Topp, but I've already conquered that one.
    Who knows... maybe I'm crazy. >>

Well I would be interested in another rip of these boxes based on what I have seen so far...I would be interested in another 3 packs, maybe 4.
  • Options
    "Well I would be interested in another rip of these boxes based on what I have seen so far...I would be interested in another 3 packs, maybe 4."

Yep, me too... it looks like Steve has another box. I'd like to see a few more results from this rip before contacting Steve about doing another box, but like you I'd be in for another 3 or 4 packs!

Maybe I'll organize a part 2 next week???!!!!

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Video of my 2 packs
    Pack 1

Pack 2
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options

<< <i>Video of my 2 packs
    Pack 1

Pack 2 >>

I'm your first view!
  • Options
    Something about rip vids that makes it ten times more exciting than just scans. I gotta try that sometime... image
  • Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    So after seeing the first few rips, there are great cards still out there!! Someone is going to hit the mother load (I hope).
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Centering is amazing in these packs
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Pack 2: Somebody has a really really good shot at getting very nice Robins or Bretts. The backs though are off center.