Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Greetings From Wolfeboro

Hi All,

For a number of years I have been lurking on the forums under another user name. I've enjoyed reading topics and comments and have commented a few times myself.

I'm not sure if too many people know this or not but back on Jan 28th, the new Stacks-Bowers Numismatics reduced the staff in Wolfeboro by 7 employees and also there was a staff reduction in NY. Unfortunately I was one of the Wolfeboro cuts. My former user name on the boars here was PhotoMan and I was the photographer for Bowers and Merena, ANR, Stacks, and Stacks-Bowers (for a month). Nearly a 20 year span.

Officially, on March 1st, Classic Coin Photography by Douglas Plasencia is open for business. What I am looking forward to the most is being able to spend more time photographing individual coins for clients as opposed to the ram rod system of photography the auction industry demands. I will also be able to travel basically anywhere in the world to photograph collections or inventory.

I do have some friends on the boards here and I look forward to making more friends. It will also be fun to be able to compete with all the great photographers on the boards here.
Feel free to contact me to say hi.

Doug

Comments