Home Precious Metals
Options

How much PM would you buy if.......

Lets say you came across roughly $150 million dollars (after all taxes were paid on the lump sum payment). How much of that cash would you directly convert into physical gold/silver? Im planning on buying at least $25 million in a gold/silver split tomorrow. What about you? image

Comments

• Options
    I have 5 tickets for the 330 MILLION DOLLAR MEGA MILLION lotto tonight! After I win I will buy LOTS OF GOLD AND SILVER!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    zero i'd give it all to S.O.I.L. and help the Haitians
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20% pms
    30% Apple stock
    20% cash equivelant. Foreign of course.
    30% charities and family. They are not mutually exclusive

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>I have 5 tickets for the 330 MILLION DOLLAR MEGA MILLION lotto tonight! After I win I will buy LOTS OF GOLD AND SILVER! >>

I play maybe twice a year if that. But only when it is mathematically correct to play. That is to say, the odds of MEGA are 176 million to 1 no matter how much money is at stake. If clearing an amount equal to that (or in this case VERY close to it) then its statistically not a bad play. I bought $40 worth, which makes the odds that I will win roughly 1 in 4,000,000!image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have 5 tickets for the 330 MILLION DOLLAR MEGA MILLION lotto tonight! After I win I will buy LOTS OF GOLD AND SILVER! >>

I play maybe twice a year if that. But only when it is mathematically correct to play. That is to say, the odds of MEGA are 176 million to 1 no matter how much money is at stake. If clearing an amount equal to that (or in this case VERY close to it) then its statistically not a bad play. I bought $40 worth, which makes the odds that I will win roughly 1 in 4,000,000!image >>

Yes, but I feel lucky! after all, I won the silver barons contest didn't I?
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    Would buying one of those ƒancy smancy SOLID GOLD Toilets count as a bullion investment ?¿ or simply a home improvement project... hmmm

Least I'd get some enjoyment out of my investments & be practicle too. )
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lets say you came across roughly $150 million dollars (after all taxes were paid on the lump sum payment). How much of that cash would you directly convert into physical gold/silver? Im planning on buying at least $25 million in a gold/silver split tomorrow. What about you? image >>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None image If I had $150 Million I could take it easy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, on 2nd thought the DOLLAR will soon be worthless so I better buy $149 Million worth Gold/Silver 50/50 split and keep a Million lying around to light my cigars with. image

GrandAm image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait a second,,,,, I need $10 Million or so to buiid the new "GrandAm Estate"

Another $5 Million for the land to built it on,,,,,,

Another Million to put the moat and gate around the place,,,,,,

$500,000 for the electric fence around the property,,,,,,,

Another Million to add the Panic Room / Vault / Gun Room

Another Million for Guns, Ammo, Explosives,

Another $500,000 for a back up generator source,,,,

$250,000 for dry goods and food stocks,,,,,

5 Million ea to my (2) sons,,,,,

$100 bucks to the X-wife image

A few Million to stock up the entertainment & servents image

$5 Million for cars and Hummers,

1 Million for gas and oil reserves,,,,,

1 Million for image

$100,000 for cigars,,,,,

Ah CRAP,,,,, I got nothing left for Gold / Silver image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that I'll worry about it if it happens. I'm sure I could think of something.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd probably drop $10mil on each when I win tonight. All delivery too for Scrooge McDuck rolling around and such.
  • Options
    gold/silver is an important part of every portfolio. with 355 million, why not drop atleast $50 million on gold/silver ?? image
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% in Marzipan bars. The next bubble.
  • Options

<< <i>gold/silver is an important part of every portfolio. with 355 million, why not drop atleast $50 million on gold/silver ?? image >>

Did you realize that $25 million in silver is just over 8,000 of the 100 oz bars! image

$25 mil of gold is MUCH more manageable at just 178 of those 100 oz bars.image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd only put about a half a mil in physical for the long haul. I'd put most of the rest in paper metals for the short term. Say what you will about paper, but you can't beat it for the quick in and out of the market. I'd buy on every dip and start a slow selling spree everytime it went up 8% from the last buy point. In a bull market you'd make more money doing this than you would buying physical, paying to store physical, selling physical and paying to assay/ship physical. Physical is for maintaining value and paper is for profiting.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>gold/silver is an important part of every portfolio. with 355 million, why not drop atleast $50 million on gold/silver ?? image >>

Did you realize that $25 million in silver is just over 8,000 of the 100 oz bars! image

$25 mil of gold is MUCH more manageable at just 178 of those 100 oz bars.image >>

Yes, with that amount its not like I'm gonna stash it under my mattress. Keep them in the bank image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRANDAM- that was damn funnyimage

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Mega Millions Jackpot Lottery Est. $335 Million Dollars #'s 04 08 15 25 47-42

My #'s 02 08 14 24 39-42

Damn the luck !

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lots of silver and gold and sit on it.
  • Options
    if i won the lotto i would buy all the gold and siver i had money for. then give it to mexico
    dont send sheep to kill a wolf...
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

Yeah, but the important question is how much in silicone!