Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Difference between Ultra Pro Platinum vs Hologram vs Silver 9 pocket pages?

I can't find the difference between the platinum, hologram and Silver series of 9 pocket pages by Ultra Pro. I have two of the former in their original packaging. I wonder what is good about one over the other.

They all seem to be archival safe with no compromise to the cards they hold. Very durable too. I wonder if there are small differences in size or what penny sleeves one can use.

I assume the Ultra Pro Platinum penny sleeves fit nicely in the corresponding platinum album pages.
"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

Comments

• Options
    dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly from my days working in a card shop, the Platinum pages are one of two products actually made in the USA (the other being the good penny sleeves.) The silver version (and there's also a gold version) are made in China and have a lower price point - UltraPro's answer to competing companies producing cheaper supplies.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• Options

<< <i>I can't find the difference between the platinum, hologram and Silver series of 9 pocket pages by Ultra Pro. I have two of the former in their original packaging. I wonder what is good about one over the other.

They all seem to be archival safe with no compromise to the cards they hold. Very durable too. I wonder if there are small differences in size or what penny sleeves one can use.

I assume the Ultra Pro Platinum penny sleeves fit nicely in the corresponding platinum album pages. >>

We've had this discussion here a couple of times before, but at some point in the last three or four years, Ultra Pro changed their penny sleeves so that they are wider and don't fit as nicely into the 9-pocket pages as they used to.

When I used to put my Heritage sets in large binders, I loved putting each card in a penny sleeve before placing them in the pocket pages. It just kept the cards so much more snuggly tight in the pockets. I can't find penny sleeves any more that fit like this.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering if the penny sleeves of the platinum variety fit in the pockets. Ultra Pro also has other sleeves and I assume those must be wider. Or it may be the case that even the platinum sleeves are wider.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee