Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Crossing grading a GAI

I was just wondering if anyone knew about cross grading. I plan on going to the show in Chicago next month and want to bring a signed card I have in a GAI holder and want to put it in a PSA one. Does anybody know if they will do it on-site and around the cost? thanks

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I doubt they will do a signed card unless PSA/DNA is set up at the show.

Have you looked at the upcoming shows page?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Might also be good to post a scan of the card here to get opinions of the authenticity of the auto (unless of course you got it in person and/or are 100% certain it's authentic). GAI has waaaay too much questionable stuff out there.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    I haven't checked the website, but might just call tomorrow and see. The card is AUTHEN as it was done in person and GAI's recent B.S. is wanting me to cross grade just based on principle.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Cubfan

Hi, sorry for asking if you looked at the website because had you, you lol would have not asked for help.

Anyway, it appears that you might be able too because:

Chicago Sun Times 11/19/2010
    11/21/2010 Donald E. Stephens Convention Center Rosemont IL United States of America
    Comments: Customer Service Representatives will be available to answer questions and accept submissions for all levels of service. PSA will offer on-site grading and PSA/DNA autograph experts will be available to authenticate your previously signed autographs on-site at the PSA Booth.

Now, I'm not exactly sure if you have to submit it raw or if you can in the case.

Sorry for the mixup on my part earlier. I think I answered what I knew and than realized the show schedule.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice Steve. Take care.