Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

anyone sell their 1964 D Peace $1 or know of a sale

I must have been caught up in the hype because I no longer feel the same about it. I don't own any other fantasy coins so I am most likely going to let mine go especially since there is a coin I really want that I am short for.

I have one of the first 200. I am guessing it can't be sold on eBay so if you know where one sold and what it went for please share. Post or PM and thanks image

Comments

• Options
    edix2001edix2001 Posts: 3,388
    Someone on another numismatic discussion board wrote that he had read someone had tried to sell one on eBay, but it was allegedy pulled. I cannot verify the alleged attempt to sell.
    BST would likely get you a sale, I'm thinkin'
  • Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    The first few auction on eBay have been cancelled due to the missing word "copy" on the coin.
    I saw few fellow members selling their coin on the BST but I don't know their sell price.
    The last one listed has an asking price of $250.
    I would say you can try for $200/250, but most likely you will get what you paid.
    Next year, well, it may be different...
  • Options
    MPLunaticMPLunatic Posts: 617 ✭✭
    i have my satin finish up for sale on the bst board for $250, I figure thats a fair price for something that there are only a few hundred of. I don't know what the market value for these things are since there have been no public sales, so I just came up with a price, if it doesnt sell no big deal, have no problem keeping it.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold one for $155 to a friend of mine who supports capitalism, as I do. (25% profit creates revenue and taxes also)
    But, as you know, it's only 90% silver and thus it's intrinsic value makes it worth about $17 , as dreck, schlock and esoteric silver junk goes.

Seriously, I haven't witnessed a piece stir the passions of men like this NOVELTY piece has.
  • Options

<< <i> Seriously, I haven't witnessed a piece stir the passions of men like this NOVELTY piece has. >>

controversy sells
  • Options
    On the open forum refuge I believe someone bought a couple for $300 a piece .... image

B/S/T Open forum
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally know of a trade for roughly $350 worth of SAEs for one of the first 222, and another that sold outright for just over $230.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM me a good picture of obv & rev. & I may buy it, even a bit above its issue price.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw one on the Philly Show browse floor in the case of a smaller dealer listed at an ask of $125.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will wait until 2021 to sell my three-coin set on the 100th anniversary of the Peace dollar. image
  • Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭
    If I was offered $350 worth of silver eagles I would do that .
    AL
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I witnessed one sell to a dealer at the Philly show for the issue price, which did not include the shipping. Therefore, the seller lost a few dollars on the deal.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the input via post and PM. I just posted it in the BST so I guess we will see what happens. Thanks again guys image
  • Options
    How many different ones are there? Is there a die pair 6, die pair 7, etc?
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    three sub types of Die pair # 5
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PM me a good picture of obv & rev. & I may buy it, even a bit above its issue price. >>

How many PM's have you gotten so far?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    None. Ought to tell something there....
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>None. Ought to tell something there.... >>

...Just like the piece, it's a novel idea, eh ?

Peace,

Joe
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

It tells me that you aren't offering enough and that people that bought them don't want to sell them for anywhere near what they paid for them.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

It tells me that you aren't offering enough and that people that bought them don't want to sell them for anywhere near what they paid for them. >>

I feel the same. I've been offered great money for my low mintage Ameros but with only 40-100 made I don't feel I could ever buy them back if I even wanted to.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    One has gone unsold @$200. I bought many Ameros for melt and sold them here. There is a market but it's small.
  • Options

<< <i>One has gone unsold @$200. I bought many Ameros for melt and sold them here. There is a market but it's small. >>

I think $200 is a good price for someone seriously looking to add one to their collections, infact if someone want's to pay $200 for mine, I would most likely sell it. I think most folks that want to sell these aren't looking to get rich or take advantage of anyone, but just want to make alittle profit for having the foresight to order one of the early ones.
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like mine too much to sell for any of the amounts offered in this thread. The amount mentioned in the link is getting close.
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have instructed my heirs to wait until 2421 to sell my three-coin set on the 500th anniversary of the Peace dollar. image
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845

<< <i>

It tells me that you aren't offering enough and that people that bought them don't want to sell them for anywhere near what they paid for them. >>

you can say that again - I place a very high, special value on mine , and doubt I would take 500$ for it
  • Options
    I think it will be interesting to see how and at what price this settle out at. I am like PP, I love this coin and even the sloppy reject 63 I ordered afterward.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The first few auction on eBay have been cancelled due to the missing word "copy" on the coin.

That's easy to fix. Just photoshop "copy" on the coin like the Chinese do. Ebay seems to be ok with that.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a "sharpie" COPY on the reverse of the 1964-D Peace dollar?

Would that stand muster with epay?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file