Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1942-D 10C MS68 Full Bands PCGS - SOLD for 4TIMES PCGS Price Guide...

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
...I guess there were a few people that wanted it. Population is 20.
Price Guide says $1450 and it sold for $5750....WOWZERS!
1942-D 10C MS68 Full Bands PCGS
The Best High Grade Mercury Dime Toners For Sale! + 2 Varieties :smile:
https://greatcollections.com/Collections/1120/The-Keyman64-Mercury-Dime-Collection/2024-07-07

Comments

• Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    It sure is a prize !
  • Options
    Jackpot!!!!
  • Options
    I was watching 5 different MERCS in that auction and ALL of them sold for at least DOUBLE their full retail pricing. One of the coins was super common with a population of over 1,000 coins....and it sold for about 2.5 times its value. This same coin sold for $130 on eBay last night....in the auction it sold for $299 to an internet bidder. Some of these people are just not the sharpest tools in the shed and need to use eBay a bit more....IMHO.
    https://greatcollections.com/Collections/1120/The-Keyman64-Mercury-Dime-Collection/2024-07-07
  • Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Ah yes,the registry sets.Great idea for and by PCGS,and NGC,folks with unlimited cash and big ego.JMHO.image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    How come that never seems to happen to coins I sell at auction?image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How come that never seems to happen to coins I sell at auction?image >>

BEAR,i have some that nwill happen fo you.PM if interested.Best,Lloydimage
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    The guy that just spent $299 + shipping costs in the neighborhood of $10 = $309. I wonder what his reaction would be if he was told to go sell it at nearest B&M for ................................. $120! image

Greg
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe these coins were + candidates. This new + thing makes things pretty interesting. >>

Did you see the enlarged pics of this coin? Nice hit right by the eye and one on the neck too.... image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe these coins were + candidates. This new + thing makes things pretty interesting. >>

Did you see the enlarged pics of this coin? Nice hit right by the eye and one on the neck too.... image >>

Nice obverse strike, eh? Not! But what do I know? Was there only one set of master hubs for all the coins struck from 1916 to 1945? I'm thinking they, the US Mint, did something about 1938, is my guess.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    What makes this coin worth 4 times the guide? Does this make the other 19 worth the same or is this coin special and why?

I think this is what they mean when they say you should have a dealer look at coins for you????? Unless someone can explain the 4 times over the guide this would be one coin i would not add until i fully understood.

Looking at the auction price histroy these did start ramping up a few years back.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file