Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

how did i do? do you guys think this was a good deal?

how do you think this purchase will pan out in 10 years in terms of value, and could i flip it now for any profit? purchase

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Link takes me to a sign in page at eBay.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    "This purchased item information is no longer available.There are a number of reasons why this information isn't available. The most common reason is that item details for purchases are not kept for more than 90 days."
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    oops. i bought a 1886-S morgan dollar in PCGS MS 62 for 279.75. it has purple toning on the edges, but doesn't come without scratches. is that normal for a ms 62 morgan to have quite a few scratches? i dont want to send the ebay view item i bought link, cuz wouldn't that compromise my account info?
  • Options
  • Options
    MS62 Morgans are often pretty dinged up from hitting other coins not scratched thou.
    It looks pretty nice for a 62 in the sellers pictures.
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    Nice!image
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486
    It looks nice in the pic!!
  • Options
    that is the thing. the pictures are a bit deceiving, the coin has quite a few scratches on the obverse, with a remarkably clean reverse. however, i still believe that it is a genuine PCGS MS 62 coin, because there is luster and the bag marks are not too deep, and the purple toning is nice. but, do you think i paid too much, or got a good deal?
  • Options
    does it take you to MY ebay when you click on the link, or does it not do that on ebay? that was my concern.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>how do you think this purchase will pan out in 10 years in terms of value, and could i flip it now for any profit? >>

How "you did" depends on how much you like the coin. You got it for a decent price. Many Morgans can be bought for a discount over the price guides. They're not hard to find. Buy what you really like.

The value of an MS62 1886-S will change with the rest of the coin market. Don't look for a killing. PCGS has graded over 1,000 1886-S MS62's and another few thousand higher.

You edited your OP and deleted your question about scratches and hits. Yes, MS62's tend to have those.

Welcome to the forum!
    Lance.
  • Options
    ah if only i had the population report for free. i am really looking to buy a morgan dollar that JUMPS in value at ms 60 like an 1886 o or 1901 p, or 83 or 84 s, but they are just so expensive...
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one beautiful ms-62!! One of the nicest 62 Morgans Ive ever seen, at least looking at the sellers images these are my thoughts image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    but im concerned, does the link take you to my ebay? or is it just a view of a purchased item
  • Options
    Looking at the Heritage auction archives you paid a fair price. Most recent sales at Heritage are in the $280-$320 range.
  • Options
    markinsdmarkinsd Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    No, the link does not take you to "My ebay".. It takes you right to the coin. Your MyEbay page is security protected so a password would need to be entered to access your page.

I agree the coin looks like a nice MS62. I also just bought a coin from this seller and hope to pick up my coin from my P.O. box today. image
  • Options
    Great looking coin! I really like the toning. PCGS Price Guide lists it for $335 in MS 62, so seems like you got a pretty good deal. MS 62 has a certified population of just over 1500, and this date is pretty good for Morgans. Should increase in value.
    Currently collecting Morgan Dollars and Seated Liberty Halves
  • Options
    well thanks! looks like i FINALLY made a smart purchase. and i am sorry mr morgan chicken, but isn't the PCGS price guide a bit ridiculous?
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You made a solid buy for a better date coin that (at least in the pictures) looks very nice for the grade.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>well thanks! looks like i FINALLY made a smart purchase. and i am sorry mr morgan chicken, but isn't the PCGS price guide a bit ridiculous? >>

The price guide is like many guides, its good and on target for some items and not so on target for others. If your looking for recent market info use the completed auctions at Heritage, ebay and Teletrade to see where the market is at right now. As to you original question the sellers pics make the coin look better than 62, however you say that in hand the coin has significant marks on the obv. IF you can shoot a pic yourself and post it, either way if you like the coin you got it for a decent price.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file