Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Xmas Rack Packs, cellos, Question?

Hi, has anyone ever pulled anything good out of a christmas rack pack or old cellos? Just curious if these are filled with commons or if anyone ever pulled a star out of them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comments

• Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    I've never had the pleasure, but from the info I get off of these boards, 99.98% of the stuff on ebay is junk, so be on the lookout.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Xmas rack packs were aftermarket creations from a repackager other than Topps. I wouldn't count on anything good, and would not consider them a legit product.
    TONS of fake cellos, graded and ungraded. You have to know the seals and the cello material and even then it's a roll of the dice.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Wow, good info, thanks
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For instance, there were no such thing as "grocery" cellos manufactured by Topps in the early 1970s. Any 12-card cello you see was probably made closer to 2002 than to 1972..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    total junk, you could make and sell them yourself
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Here's what some of these look like (no, they aren't mine)

• Options
    spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    If there was a nice card on top, it would have been pulled and summitted. There are many fake ones repacked from the 50s-60s kinda of faked repacked packs.