Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Just added 2 new dimes to my Dime sets....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
The 1878-CC shattered reverse. VF30

And the 1928-D Mercury. MS64

Both are very nice for the grade and there are pics on my set.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Options
    These are both quite nice. You have an extremely impressive collection, and I again appreciate your equal treatment and respect for rare 1790s, moderns, and everything in between. These two coins have found a nice home.

Why isn't the 1928-D Mercury an FB? The bands look pretty full to me.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    Thanks Scottgardener. The bands are just not quite there. That's the way I like them. Nice strike and detail without the big price tag! image

Jon
  • Options
    I used to really collect carsons. Not so much anymore, but I did have a really nice cc dime at one time. I like your new cc, but I have to ask, what does the "shattered" refer to? I could probably search for the answer, but I bet you have the knowledgable answer since you collect dimes.
    "The 2nd Protects the 1st"

Everyman Peace Dollar Set

Recommended Sellers with positive transactions: Coindeuce, Walkerguy21D, Connecticoin (ebay), itsnotjustme, camera28
  • Options
    The shattered reverse is a coin where the reverse is in such bad shape that most of the bottom left detail is missing. It is in the Seated dime book by Brian Greer.
  • Options
    I added 15k in 3 coins to my type set two days ago only to discover it woke a sleeping Giant who pushed me DOWN a rank!

• Options
    KozmanKozman Posts: 275 ✭✭
    image Dimeman. TypeSetter, I know what you mean by the sleeping Giant.