So should I buy all 5 cards?

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess he needs to buy furniture.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I guess I missed it. The link brings me to this message now:

This video has been removed by the user.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I guess he realized by my comment that I was on to him. There were 2 videos of a guy with a SGC 80 34 Goudey Gehrig, 5.5 53 Mantle Topps and PSA 7 and 8 51 Bowman Mantles. Said his grandfather left them to him and he really was hurtin for money.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess he realized by my comment that I was on to him. There were 2 videos of a guy with a SGC 80 34 Goudey Gehrig, 5.5 53 Mantle Topps and PSA 7 and 8 51 Bowman Mantles. Said his grandfather left them to him and he really was hurtin for money. >>

He also had a raw T206 Cobb in which he stated if I'm remembering right, paraphrase, "I have to send this off to get graded, but it is genuine"
  • Options
    dzolotdzolot Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Allen -- what was this guys scam? He reached out to me about buying his 51 bowman mantle. I thought about it and then figured if it's too good to be true... Sure enough, he ended up pulling his videos and disappearing...
    I have twelve Sports Cards videos on youtube w/ over 75,000 views in total!! Vintage cards like 1951 Mantle, 33 Goudey Ruth, T206 Cobb, etc (copy and paste link below):

http://www.youtube.com/user/dzolot

Thanks for watching. Hope you enjoyed!!

- I would encourage all collectors to post a video of their collection - I have found it to be a very rewarding way to share my sports cards!!
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

Has Allen not made it back from his $2000 dollar scam for more good advice yet?
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>Allen -- what was this guys scam? He reached out to me about buying his 51 bowman mantle. I thought about it and then figured if it's too good to be true... Sure enough, he ended up pulling his videos and disappearing... >>

Really wierd of you to pick this thread out of the past???
  • Options
    dzolotdzolot Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Good point -- that looks really funny. Let me explain...

If you look at my signature, you will see a link to some youtube videos i made. In one of them, my wife is sitting in the background while I film the video. I was e-mailing with Akuracy (think that's his username) and he said that there was a message board where people where talking about my video. I wanted to find the discussion, so I did a search for "youtube" and this discussion came up. This "Allen" guy reached out to me (through my youtube vidoes, of course) to buy his card, so I replied to the thread.

I have to say that I continue to be impressed by the people on this board. I mean NOTHING gets by you!! : )
    I have twelve Sports Cards videos on youtube w/ over 75,000 views in total!! Vintage cards like 1951 Mantle, 33 Goudey Ruth, T206 Cobb, etc (copy and paste link below):

http://www.youtube.com/user/dzolot

Thanks for watching. Hope you enjoyed!!

- I would encourage all collectors to post a video of their collection - I have found it to be a very rewarding way to share my sports cards!!
  • Options