Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I am looking at a couple items on ebay from this seller neyronix

2»

Comments

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I suppose that we need to ban coins from homes with kids. Certainly more than one has been swallowed resulting in serious injury or death. >>

Wow, quick response, what wee you waiting for me with a scripted cheat sheet. Take some time and formathought that makes a rational comparison, it's much more interesting for the readers...
  • Options
    hey eric... your thread really strayed away from your OP. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<Our coin store was sued for letting a man pick up a $12,000 Hi relief $20 Saint from layaway...and somehow we "should have known" that he was gettng
    divorced and "should have known" that half of the coin belonged to a wife that "we should have known" existed and that we "should have known" there was
    a high likelihood that he would not have reported the coin to his wife's attorney. Judgement against us...$6000 plus $3000 for our attorney fees. >>

Sounds like you needed a better lawyer... >>

• Options
    FYI .....I just had some submitted a best offer on one of his autions and he was extremly fair on his counter offer. Also I own a PCGS 1803 DBH I won at auction some months ago and at a very fair price. My experience with him has been very positive.
  • Options
    I bought perhaps 5 or 6 better coins from Hughes about 4 years ago. Prices were good and quickly shipped.
    SOCIALIZED MEDICINE: The wealthiest class treats the lowest class and sends the bill to the middle class.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I suppose that we need to ban coins from homes with kids. Certainly more than one has been swallowed resulting in serious injury or death. >>

Wow, quick response, what wee you waiting for me with a scripted cheat sheet. Take some time and formathought that makes a rational comparison, it's much more interesting for the readers... >>

How the hell is coffee served at 185 Degrees "Superheated"? It may be too hot for Granny to handle, but it is coffee. Coffee is made from boiled water.

The old biddy would have a case if the server spilled the coffee on her, or if the container malfunctioned in some way. What she did do is juggle it in her legs and spilled it on herself. Unfortunate and painful but not the fault of the purveyor.

When I studied Business law in college the instuctor explained that the first question to ask in a dispute is "what is reasonable". A prudent individual would think that the case should have been thrown out.
    SOCIALIZED MEDICINE: The wealthiest class treats the lowest class and sends the bill to the middle class.
  • Options
    Bunn coffee makers are preset to dispense their coffee at 185 +/- 5 degrees from the factory. Those things are about everywhere. 185 degree coffee is pretty much standard.
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    The McDonalds thing is a good example of lawyers putting doubt in your mind when there should be no doubt.

I, too, don't buy the whole temperature argument thing.

All of the hot coffee I buy anywhere would burn the crap out of you if you did something like put your finger in it. You must let it cool for quite some time.

The coffee I make at home needs to be treated with similar care.

It is easy to twist McDonalds procedures into something that sounds evil. But what I hear is a lawyer twisting words and making something out of nothing.

Arguing over 155 versus 180 degrees sounds very disingenuous to me. I am being asked to buy into lots of 'facts' that I do not buy into.

Arguing how many folks have burned themselves with hot coffee is not persuasive to me. I have burned myself with hot coffee. There are certain things you do not do with it for safety reasons.

It is sad how badly the woman got hurt. But I feel she is a little more than 20% at fault here.

Coin.

• Options
    I have been giving a lot of thought to the McDonalds coffee conundrum. The problem with the coffee is that it is a hot liquid. A hamburger comes off the grill with a surface temp over 200 Degrees but it is protected by a bun and two soggy pickles. If dropped on a pair of slacks it would not do nearly the damage that the hot coffee would.

The solution is the McMocha sandwich. A coffee flavored hamburger that would please everyone but PITA. To keep this relevent, it would cost $1.00 and be paid for by a Sacagawea $1 coin.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    the servers could fix that by putting the sugar and cream in before putting the cap on

the caps are not easy to remove without spillage

I do not think many PCGS/NGC coins go much below the bid price on the dealer networks
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Appears the thread I dug up and added to has been poofed.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Having a lawsuit filed against you suxs big time. The worst part on 2 of them was the other side was judgement proof. They had nothing to lose by suing. I was awarded attorney fees but i will never collect them.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options

She should have sued the automaker for not having a better cupholder... and the sweatpants manufacturer for not making the pants water proof. And the automaker again for the seat being too water proof.
  • Options
    jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭
    wow...multiple hijacks.

I used to get frustrated by shill bid sellers. Lost interest over time esp since so many other auction houses condone it.

I will confess that I have no problem with the notion that McDonalds was partially negligent. The ultimate settlement may well have apportioned the negligence better than the jury did.

Frankscoins case sounds like one that was lost on voir dire. Juries do crazy things. If Frank testified, they may simply have found the plaintiff more credible. Yet, I wonder if Frank would have recognized her or she him at a post office. My wife has never been with me for a coin purchase. No doubt some spouses do tag along.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bidder Information
    Bidder: l***a( 1128)
    Item description: 1913 ST GAUDENS $20 PCGS MS61
    Bids on this item: 1
    30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 942
    Items bid on: 639
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 99%
    Bid retractions: 1
    Bid retractions (6 months): 8

Also, no feedback received from or left for Bidder: l***a( 1128)
  • Options
    IconbusterIconbuster Posts: 148 ✭✭

<< <i>Bidder Information
    Bidder: l***a( 1128)
    Item description: 1913 ST GAUDENS $20 PCGS MS61
    Bids on this item: 1
    30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 942
    Items bid on: 639
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 99%
    Bid retractions: 1
    Bid retractions (6 months): 8

Also, no feedback received from or left for Bidder: l***a( 1128) >>

I've noticed this same l***a bidder as well. The bidding pattern is the same - the final bid is always well in advance of the auction close and is consistently at or above CMV for the coin. At best it's very suspicious looking which is why I exclude seller neyronix from all my ebay searches.
    - Bob

Successful BST transactions with: Tdec1000(2x), SeaEagleCoins, sweetwilliet, piecesofme, MICHAELDIXON, lkeigwin, Gerard, THEGENERAL, ponderit, pursuitofliberty, AnkurJ, kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    I am currently watching LINK, currently sitting at $135. Before it closes, I bet Mr. "l***a( 1128)" will swoop in with a bid of around $275 or so.

Edit: Link fixed.
  • Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am currently watching This Coin, currently sitting at $135. Before it closes, I bet Mr. "l***a( 1128)" will swoop in with a bid of around $275 or so. >>

linky no work try this LINK
    Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
    IconbusterIconbuster Posts: 148 ✭✭

<< <i>I am currently watching LINK, currently sitting at $135. Before it closes, I bet Mr. "l***a( 1128)" will swoop in with a bid of around $275 or so. >>

I think some of his lower-priced coins (< $500) may be allowed to run their course but for anything expensive you can almost guarantee that one of l***a (1128), o***o (309) or 3***s (70) will be there with a bid. All of these bidders have > 90% bid activity with this seller in the past 30 days.

- Bob

Successful BST transactions with: Tdec1000(2x), SeaEagleCoins, sweetwilliet, piecesofme, MICHAELDIXON, lkeigwin, Gerard, THEGENERAL, ponderit, pursuitofliberty, AnkurJ, kryptonitecomics
  • Options

<< <i>for anything expensive you can almost guarantee that one of l***a (1128), o***o (309) or 3***s (70) will be there with a bid. All of these bidders have > 90% bid activity with this seller in the past 30 days. >>

Yup, every Sunday night, these three guys get together at the seller's Malibu beachfront home, crack open a few beers, and place a few snipes! image
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    One of the benefits of being an active CU member, hearing about ebay sellers like neyronix, someone I most definitely will avoid.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I knew about the snipping but still bid on two exomunia lots a couple months ago.

What shocked me is I won one within 1c and the other within 3c of my maximum bids.

So last month on the forum I learned of 2 websites that will show how many watchers there are.

Is there a website or software that will show your maximum bid image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    To those of you who are convinced that shilling is taking place, have you reported it to Ebay? They do act upon that on occasion.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>...if this guy was selling the coin at an auction house, don't they shill bid up the price if asked? im just saying... and if he put a reserve on the coin everyone would be whining about that right? >>

No no no, that's different! You're supposed to know what to (max) bid and leave it at that. God forbid if anyone here would think of that for the possible shilling on ebay! image But you make a valid point, one that has been discussed many times.

Regards, Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    mumumumu Posts: 1,840

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like some obvious shill bidding... reported!!

>>

Just remember, if you don't have absolute proof, and you get some guy's 700 or 800 auctions cancelled, with
    a loss of $1/2 million in sales, ebay WILL release your report and your name and other info to the seller if they receive a subpoena.
    It's been done before.

Why not let ebay do their own enforcement? They track IP addresses (often unfairly suspending people who are using their laptops
    at a coin show with WiFi thus having the same IP address as far as anyone on the other side of the router sees) >>

Its not surprising but that is a ridiculous policy. If someone alerts them into something, the burden should still be on them to determine whether a cacenalltion is in order and if they do then THEY made the ultimate decision that cost that person the half mil.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    dlmtortsdlmtorts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭
    I want to respond to Frank's post about getting in trouble by reporting "suspected" shill billing to ebay. The debate is over whether that can get you into trouble or not. I think everyone is missing the point. Think of it this way. If you ask the police to look into something and let them make their decision - you are not at fault for their decision. However, if you ask the police to look into something, and then go public telling everyone about the suspected wrongdoing and asking them to jump in too - well that is a completely different matter. Ever heard of defamation? Be careful my friends with what you say about others - it can be harmful when wrong and can come back to bite you too.
  • Options
    determineddetermined Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I want to respond to Frank's post about getting in trouble by reporting "suspected" shill billing to ebay. ... >>

If you do a search using the search term "shill" with the Author as "Frankcoins" the results will show you threads where Frank defends shill bidding. Which is why I will never bid on his auctions. His eBay ID is in his signature.
    I collect history in the form of coins.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no question in my mind that shill bidding is inherently dishonest and can in no way be compared to an auction with a reserve or an auction that is started off at a higher opening price because in the case of shill bidding the seller is in possession of the item that he is getting someone else to artificially inflate the value for by posing as a "buyer." In effect, the possessor of said item cannot be viewed as a potential buyer of that item since he already possesses it. It's really that simple, and anyone who argues otherwise is really defending an exercise in dishonesty, as the "winner" of said auction will either be paying more than he should because of the artificial inflation, or the item will just be relisted at a later date hoping to induce another clueless buyer.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I want to respond to Frank's post about getting in trouble by reporting "suspected" shill billing to ebay. The debate is over whether that can get you into trouble or not. I think everyone is missing the point. Think of it this way. If you ask the police to look into something and let them make their decision - you are not at fault for their decision. However, if you ask the police to look into something, and then go public telling everyone about the suspected wrongdoing and asking them to jump in too - well that is a completely different matter. Ever heard of defamation? Be careful my friends with what you say about others - it can be harmful when wrong and can come back to bite you too. >>

Sure, but if the statements you are making are true, then that would be a defense to such a defamation claim.

The seller neyronix sets up at the Long Beach shows... has anyone asked him about this "obvious shilling" in person??? I haven't, but I choose not to do business with him in any way whether it be via eBay or at Long Beach.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>To those who think reporting a possible violation of ebay's terms to them in good faith will somehow get one in trouble - give me a break. >>

If someone has the money to sue you in a civil trial, and a jury can be convinced that your action caused them harm (half the states allow for non-unanimous verdicts) you'll THINK "give me a break".

Our coin store was sued for letting a man pick up a $12,000 Hi relief $20 Saint from layaway...and somehow we "should have known" that he was gettng
    divorced and "should have known" that half of the coin belonged to a wife that "we should have known" existed and that we "should have known" there was
    a high likelihood that he would not have reported the coin to his wife's attorney. Judgement against us...$6000 plus $3000 for our attorney fees. >>

There are better attorneys out there to defend you next time.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I am currently watching LINK, currently sitting at $135. Before it closes, I bet Mr. "l***a( 1128)" will swoop in with a bid of around $275 or so. >>

I think some of his lower-priced coins (< $500) may be allowed to run their course but for anything expensive you can almost guarantee that one of l***a (1128), o***o (309) or 3***s (70) will be there with a bid. All of these bidders have > 90% bid activity with this seller in the past 30 days. >>

Bidder l***a ( 1128) Yesterday Won a 1920-S INDIAN HEAD $10 ANACS Label reads 'EF Details, Ex-Jewelry, Net F-15.' Lightly polished and used for jewely at one time. Clamp marks visible at edges for $11,100.00
    Item number: 290429647744

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    UPDATE:

All of Neyronix's coins were PULLED today 9/30/11, by eBay. He now has a RESTRICTED account and can only list BUY-IT-NOWS as ebay has finally determined that this crook has been SHILL BIDDING on his listings.

Thanks to ALL that reported this crook.

Here's one of his PROVABLE SHILL BID items:
    The ebay seller, NEYRONIX, is easily the biggest scammer on ebay. He has (2) Shill bidding accounts:
    1. samuel100elm(1195)
    2. adams21(360)

The best example of this shill bidding is here:
    1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290554867907
    2. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290542360914
    3. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item43a707aef0&item=290565107440

Notice that samuel100elm puchased this coin 1st on March 13 for $3.050. than he later purchased this same EXACT coin again from neyronix on April 17 for $2,567.76. And now, neyronix has again listed this same coin on June 11 for $4,7500.
    There is no reasonable explination as to why the same bidder would be buying the same exact (check the serial numbers) coin more than once.
    Also, check out samuel100elm's feedback:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=samuel100elm&iid=300555474824&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=88&page=2
    Notice that until Aug 8, 2010, samuel100elm was the big seller and neyronix was the big buyer. Also notice that 100% of all bids, over 1000/month, are all with neyronix. Also notice that samuel100elm and neyronix no longer leave feedback for each other so they can cover-up their scam

• Options

I'd guess that it probably won't be long until a new name is registered and the auctions are back, again...
  • Options

<< <i>image

I'd guess that it probably won't be long until a new name is registered and the auctions are back, again... >>

It shouldn't be to hard to discover his potential new ID since he likes to trumpet his eBay sales in numismatic publications such as Coin World.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image

I'd guess that it probably won't be long until a new name is registered and the auctions are back, again... >>

It shouldn't be to hard to discover his potential new ID since he likes to trumpet his eBay sales in numismatic publications such as Coin World.image >>

Definitely not, it was pretty easy to discover his new eBay ID last time around.
  • Options

<< <i>
    The ebay seller, NEYRONIX, is easily the biggest scammer on ebay. He has (2) Shill bidding accounts:
    1. samuel100elm(1195)
    2. adams21(360) >>

samuel100elm winning bids last 30 days
    adams21 winning bids last 30 days

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file