2»

Comments

• Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    1-$10 I am broke

If I would of answered this morning it would of been quite different
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks, now it's confirmed that i'm the only dork here carrying around $2 bills image
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Experiment called at 46 respondents.
    RESULTS:

Sample=46
    Sum $=6925
    Av. $/sample=$150
    Distribution of Sum $:
    ($)
    100 31
    50 21
    20 123
    10 22
    5 34
    2 10
    1 143
    (I know it doesn't add up exactly but they wouldn't give me a grad student and I have to do all this stuff myself and so there you go)

$1 coins=$8
    $0=6
    20,000 yen not in sample
    Error of sample results +/-5% (wag but seems reasonable)

Summary of results:
    The average PM Forum nerd has about $150 in their pocket, as cash, at any moment. Six had no cash at all, one had 20,000 yens that didn't count (About $160 if I remember correctly so it wouldn't affect the average either way.). Strange that folk seemed as likely to have a $50 bill in their pocket as they were to have a $10 in their pocket (smallest number in the sample by the way except the stray $2's and coins). People with a $100 bill in their pockets were as likely as someone having a $5 in their pocket. People were as likely to have no money in their pockets as they were to have $60 to $70 in their pockets. People were almost equally likely to have more than a $100 in their pocket as they were to have less than $100 in their pockets. By an almost 5:1 ratio, folk had $20's and $1's in their pocket. The biggest guy had $1525 in his pocket and the smallest guys didn't have any.

Samplings of results:
    21% had greater than $200 in their pocket
    23% had between $100 and $200 in their pocket
    15% had between $60 and $70 in their pockets
    20% had less than $10 in their pockets
    13% had no cash in their pockets

Conclusions:
    Not many $50's or $10's circulating. A lot of $1's and $20's circulating; probably because of atm's and change from cashing one of 'em. People had enough money in their pocket, on the average, to buy a tank of gas, a few beers, and dinner with the wife or husband or significant other. Almost enough to buy a weeks worth of groceries or enough to go out on Sunday to a major market ball game. Enough for a half a car payment, months worth of taxes on a middle class property, a very nice silver coin or a smallish gold bar or maybe just enough to stash a little for the great crash of cash. All in all, the dividing line was $100 in the pocket as half the sampling had more and half had less.

Extrapolations:
    If 3% of the money supply is in cash and $150 is the cash part of one's where with all then we all must have an average of $11300 in credit and readily available money (in some form) at any given moment. In the case of a banking holiday, coin nerds would have about $150 till they ran out of rope unless they had put some physical cash stashed away in some place where that they could put their hands on it at a moment's notice.

Got cash? >>

I assume that all of the $100 bills are due to the fact that some here carry large sums of cash in order to purchase pm's at a moment's notice. I would think that this group's pockets would more commonly lined with $100's than your average joe.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I assume that all of the $100 bills are due to the fact that some here carry large sums of cash in order to purchase pm's at a moment's notice. I would think that this group's pockets would more commonly lined with $100's than your average joe. >>

or maybe some of them just carry enough to bail themselves out if necessary image
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I assume that all of the $100 bills are due to the fact that some here carry large sums of cash in order to purchase pm's at a moment's notice. I would think that this group's pockets would more commonly lined with $100's than your average joe. >>

or maybe some of them just carry enough to bail themselves out if necessary image >>

I skewed the results a little by carrying about 5x more cash than usual. Reason I had that much cash is to tip my guide on my hunting trip starting tomorrow.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    $230
    4 $50's
    1 $20
    1 $10
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭
    $138.00

1X$100
    1X$20