Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Buyer takes a week to pay, then 3 emails in 8 hours asking when I'm going to ship. Seriously?

Methinks it's time to block this buyer. What say you?
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he is setting you up for the old "seller did not ship in time" negative feedback or the possible item not as described return.

Did he only pay when you filed a NPB?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like he is setting you up for the old "seller did not ship in time" negative feedback or the possible item not as described return.

Did he only pay when you filed a NPB? >>

Ron,

Do Tell !!!!

Thanks
    Neil

Need info for BBL
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...when are you going to ship it??? Huh huh huh??? Do I have to send ANOTHER email??????????

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    yeah, eager beavers are fun.....i got a guy, two-time buyer now, who PP'd me eCheck funds which were held for 5 days before clearing, then i get an eBay message from him wanting to know if i shipped the card yet, so i politely replied that i had to wait for his funds to clear and got the "oh yeah, sorry" reply......he left me pos. feedback for the item received yesterday, all is well.

it's all about perspective Burgundy.....some folks might put you a through a few twists and turns just to get things done.....but some, like me, could drag things out for weeks. image
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sounds like he is setting you up for the old "seller did not ship in time" negative feedback or the possible item not as described return.

Did he only pay when you filed a NPB? >>

Ron,

Do Tell !!!!

Thanks
    Neil

Need info for BBL >>

maybe he spouts lies about people without even thinking that the conversation is saved somewhere for all to see.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I didn't file a NPB, I'm usually pretty patient with buyers. The stuff is shipping tonight, so no problem there but I suspect there's a battle in the works. I'd like to cancel the transaction, honestly.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Ron,

Good luck!

I have had that happen a lot too. I had a guy take close to two weeks and then ask eight hours later if the item shipped. That was last week. I have seen this happen a lot this year for
    some unknown reason!

aconte
  • Options
    jedlowrie is the Ebayer in question.
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Willing to wager he is a newbie. They are the worst to deal with by a mile, and will toss around negs willy-nilly (or is it willie-nillie?).

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    45 feedback, you're basically right. He'll go on the blocked list as soon as this is done, I don't deal with crackpots.
    Ron Burgundy